Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > ADVICE NEEDED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Ben Twillie

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

I would make Old Geezer an offer, since they fitted a new battery earth lead it hasn't gone wrong and because everything else has been changed as well it's a new car!

Post #145086 7th Jun 2012 4:37 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

Ben Twillie wrote:
I would make Old Geezer an offer, since they fitted a new battery earth lead it hasn't gone wrong and because everything else has been changed as well it's a new car!

Don't think the seats were changed or the little caps that cover the 'accessory' sockets Thumbs Up 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #145093 7th Jun 2012 5:31 pm
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

Yeah your not far wrong there ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Very disappointing as its unmarked and been kept garaged warm and dry.

Click image to enlarge

I wish him every success in finding a decent and reliable one, but would say the garage you buy it from is more important. One of the garages near me wont deal with them as he sold one at 37 months and 48000 miles and the turbo blew and split the engine in half & he said it was an horrendous experience trying to get anyone to accept warranty.

Post #145095 7th Jun 2012 5:49 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

5 years of owning mine, and part from a clutch and the power steering resovior being replaced (£34), it has been perfect.

The residual values are holding up extremely well for the HSE model. Many lower spec models have been px'd for Evoques, but LR dealers Inhave spoken to are crying out for HSE models as this spec is pretty much the same as mid range Evoques.

So people going in to buy Evoques and found them a little impractical are opting for HSE FL2's.

The dealer I use, told me that Freelander 2 represent just 8% of there warranty work for the dealer. That shows that on the whole, the Freelander 2 is a very good car. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #145132 7th Jun 2012 10:22 pm
taztastic

England 

wouldn't even quote me Rolling Eyes

Might be your history, we have some customers that we would not sell to because of histories with problems.
Maybe no your fault but I suspect you may be a marked man, dealers speak to each other, indeed, many staff will swap and change where they work.

Post #145142 7th Jun 2012 10:57 pm
mikehzz

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Lago Grey

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic12293.html

Didn't this thread say the FL2 is more reliable than Toyota? Mine's been great.

Post #145144 7th Jun 2012 11:02 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

My 57 SE Auto has been great so far... Had a few niggles when I first picked it up 2 yes ago but then so has every other car I have had nearly new. So far I've had the rack and pump done but I genuinely think the old one was ok (there was a SB on this for early models) otherwise I've had no major issues and certainly no breakdowns (touching wood)

I would take OGa exerience with a pinch of salt... The main lesson to be learnt is to look around for a good dealer!

Good luck Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #145145 8th Jun 2012 12:33 am
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand
Re: just to make my self clear

nask wrote:
i am thinking of buying a Auto HSE D--any issues with the auto gear box?

The auto gearbox is robust and more reliable than the manual, where clutch burnout is not unknown if it has been used harshly.

Just hit 20k on mine, no problems at all - unlike my previous BMW which had a few 'issues'. Agree with what others have said though, make sure you get it from a dealer who knows what they're doing and at least pretends they care. Some of the dealers are sh Censored t Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #145152 8th Jun 2012 7:51 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

HI IF IT WAS ME BUYING A USED FREE LANDER TRY AND GET HOLD OF THE PREVIOUS OWNER AND ASK THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU WANT ANSWERS TO. AS FOR VEHICLE FITTED WITH TOW BARS DON'T WALK AWAY FROM IT MAY HAVE ONLY TOWED A LIGHT TRAILER ETC REMEMBER THE CAMPING SEASON GOES FROM APRIL TO SEPT AND MOST ONLY TOW THERE AND BACK HOME AGAIN, DIG INTO ITS PAST HISTORY FULL SERVICE HISTORY IS A HELP IF ITS GOT DEALER SERVICE HISTORY GET THE REG HAVE A WORD WITH THE SERVICE DEPT AND SEE WHAT WORK IF ANY HAS BEEN DONE IN THE PAST AS FOR MANUAL V AUTO BOX I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE MANUAL THE GEARBOX IS BULLET PROOF SOME EARLY MODELS HAD A PROBLEM WITH PREMATURE CLUTCH FAILURE NOT THAT DEAR TO FIX AUTO BOXES DO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH UNITS FAILING EARLY SOME MEMBERS ON HERE HAVE PAID 3K TO HAVE NEW BOX FITTED Sad AS FOR FUEL CONSUMPTION IF THIS IS A WORRY TO YOU MY MANUAL GIVES ME 38MPG LOCAL/ MIXED AND 46MPG ON A MOTORWAY WITH CRUSE CONTROL SET AT 70MPH,THE AUTOS I HAVE USED IN THE PAST WAS 26MPG LOCAL/MIXED 31MPG ON THE MOTORWAY, I WOULD SUGGEST IF YOU DO BUY GET A GOOD AFTER CARE WARRANTY, AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT THESE VEHICLES CAN DO GO ON A 1/2 DAY OFF ROAD DAY BLAG YOUR LOCAL DEALER FOR A LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE VOUCHER HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN YOU SERCH Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #145153 8th Jun 2012 8:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

taztastic wrote:
wouldn't even quote me Rolling Eyes

Might be your history, we have some customers that we would not sell to because of histories with problems.
Maybe no your fault but I suspect you may be a marked man, dealers speak to each other, indeed, many staff will swap and change where they work.

The jaguar Dealer I went to i have very good rapport with, he just admitted that he was too embarrassed to quote for a vehicle in its excellent condition and such low value.. I had bought 3 previous Jaguars from then no problem at all, 100 % reliable and nothing but great and attentive service. TBH I wish I had bought another one from them.

The problem with the FR2 has been Dealerships more than one , total lack of any interest or knowledge & the appalling way LR customer responded made it 100% worse & just puts you off a product for life

Post #145154 8th Jun 2012 8:30 am
BrianAbbott

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Ipanema Sand

bigalf1961 wrote:
HI IF IT WAS ME BUYING A USED FREE LANDER TRY AND GET HOLD OF THE PREVIOUS OWNER AND ASK THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU WANT ANSWERS TO. ...

Ouch! Shocked Brian

MY11 FL2 SD4 GS
Extras to same spec as XS apart from the Satnav, plus Xenons.
Ipenema Sand, Ebony.

Post #145159 8th Jun 2012 9:24 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

one of the reasons I part exchange rather than sell private is I don't want hassle from new or prospective new owners.

if someone contacted me re a previous car I would be rather annoyed and concerned ( even suspicious ) that they had my contact details and would not tell them much at all.

Iain

Post #145164 8th Jun 2012 10:19 am
JST

France 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Narvik Black

Each to their own Iain. I take a different view. When I have contacted a previous owner I have always found they are happy to talk about the car or bike and you need to bear in mind that the former owner name is on the reg. doc. They have no axe to grind or anything to gain by not talking about it.

When I traded in my Bonneville to buy my Rocket 111 I was phoned by the guy who bought the Bonneville. He and his wife came round with his wife on the bike and we had a natter over a coffee. He was 75! We still talk occasionally.

Just a personal view on life, but I believe that you only really learn something by talking to people who know and there is great pleasure to be had just talking to others. John
07 HSE Narvick Black
Land Rover Series One
Triumph Rocket 111 (sadly gone!)

Post #145169 8th Jun 2012 10:53 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

agreed John, each to his own

Iain

Post #145175 8th Jun 2012 11:57 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

oldgeezer wrote:
Yeah your not far wrong there ! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Very disappointing as its unmarked and been kept garaged warm and dry.
Click image to enlarge

I wish him every success in finding a decent and reliable one, but would say the garage you buy it from is more important. One of the garages near me wont deal with them as he sold one at 37 months and 48000 miles and the turbo blew and split the engine in half & he said it was an horrendous experience trying to get anyone to accept warranty.

What a b Censored d, even the letters on the front reg plates have melted into a blob!! Whistle

Oldgeezer's FL2 was a lemon from Day 1 and unfortunately lemons exist amongst all manufacturers, I had a BMW that was so poor I was on first name terms with the BMW Assist 'Technician'

Im on my second FL2 now, the 1st one had one fault which was eventually sorted and my current one after 17000 miles and 14 months has proven faultless.

Post #145186 8th Jun 2012 2:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>