« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 2012 Model Year FL2?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
2012 Model Year FL2?

As title. Is there going to be one? 2012 everything else seems to be on the LR website but no FL2? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #117795 22nd Oct 2011 10:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just had a face lift so I don't think anything will happen, maybe my2012.5 but they said nothing when asked at halewood Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #117799 22nd Oct 2011 11:14 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Seems odd as they have done revisions every year so far. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #117803 22nd Oct 2011 11:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

The Valeter wrote:
Seems odd as they have done revisions every year so far.

Maybe they will do something subtle like fit orange side repeater lights. Shocked

Post #117830 23rd Oct 2011 12:07 pm
Dungenessbloke

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Red lever for high & low ratios.
Yellow lever to engage two or four wheel drive.

I wish........ Andy

Post #117834 23rd Oct 2011 12:55 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

and a hand throttle Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #117838 23rd Oct 2011 1:20 pm
EYorkshire

and a starting handle Thumbs Up
for those having difficulty with cold weather starting.

Post #117842 23rd Oct 2011 2:03 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Seem to remember elsewhere on the forum a comment about details of MY12 being released in mid to late November but I can't remember exactly where.
I don't expect there to be many changes, possibly reintroduction of some paint colours that were dropped earlier in the year.

Post #117845 23rd Oct 2011 2:38 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Think lpr have a few details but it's hardly no changes at all

Post #117864 23rd Oct 2011 5:55 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Don’t think there is much more life left in the FL2. I expect it to be withdrawn soon from the LR line up Shocked
You can shoot me later if I am wrong but that is my prediction Sad

The reason is easy to understand at least here in Scandinavia where the Freely has stopped selling and the Evoque has sold like hotcakes Confused If they are going to continue with a vehicle of FL2 size then they will have to completely redo the design to compete with the very well designed Evoque interior, its equipment and overall design features which are far superior to the Freely.

Went to see my first Evoque the other day and very impressed too – its full of design features that one would expect today and with many custom possibilities making each vehicle quite unique if you want individuality and kicks Censored out of the opposition (X3, Audi’s, VW’s Japs, Yanks and all, can look on with envy Laughing ) – this vehicle has been very well designed. Thumbs Up

I have a loan soon when my Freely has its 4th service and look forward to testing it, hopefully on some winter roads as well. As far as I can see the only negative things with the Evoque are the size (although the boot is about FL2 size) and the price Exclamation 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #117898 24th Oct 2011 8:04 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

AndyC wrote:
Don’t think there is much more life left in the FL2. I expect it to be withdrawn soon from the LR line up Shocked
You can shoot me later if I am wrong but that is my prediction Sad

The reason is easy to understand at least here in Scandinavia where the Freely has stopped selling and the Evoque has sold like hotcakes Confused If they are going to continue with a vehicle of FL2 size then they will have to completely redo the design to compete with the very well designed Evoque interior, its equipment and overall design features which are far superior to the Freely.

Went to see my first Evoque the other day and very impressed too – its full of design features that one would expect today and with many custom possibilities making each vehicle quite unique if you want individuality and kicks Censored out of the opposition (X3, Audi’s, VW’s Japs, Yanks and all, can look on with envy Laughing ) – this vehicle has been very well designed. Thumbs Up

I have a loan soon when my Freely has its 4th service and look forward to testing it, hopefully on some winter roads as well. As far as I can see the only negative things with the Evoque are the size (although the boot is about FL2 size) and the price Exclamation

Which seems to conclusively prove that you are an Evoque customer, which is fair enough.

However, while it's undeniably pretty and the interior is very nice, it's had to make so many compromises for style that it renders it useless for my family, my dog and my work.

I'm shocked how FL2 sales have fallen off a cliff since the Evoque was launched, but then it may be a comment on how many people may have originally bought the FL2 for its style rather than its function.

I sincerely hope that the FL2 can carry on in the same very practical Disco "niche" in relation to the very posh, but largely impractical, Range Rover alternative.

PS: The boot in the Evoque, while very large for a car designed for looks, is significantly smaller than the FL2. If you don't believe it, take a tape measure to them both - especially checking the interior height.

Post #117899 24th Oct 2011 8:20 am
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Tigger wrote:
Which seems to conclusively prove that you are an Evoque customer, which is fair enough.

No I dont think so. Although I dont need a large vehicle as we are only 2 on tour, but when I worked out the Evoque price I would have to pay for what I would have chosen it was far too much. Shocked

In any case I am very satisfied with my Freely as long as it remains reliable Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #117902 24th Oct 2011 8:38 am
RBaron

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I, too, am in the FL2 camp and will not migrate to the Evoque...price, boot size are far better in the FL2. There is nothing substantial that the Evoque can do that the FL2 can't.

So all of the people who migrate to the Evoque probably only had an FL2 because there was nothing else. Most FL2 that I see never get used anywhere near what they are capable of. So a pimped 'n' blinged Evoque with 2wd would fill many such peoples needs.

The Evoque fills a niche. The FL2 fills a niche. Landrover will continue, in my opinion, to offer vehicles to fill that niche. It would be careless to let it go. It would also be careless to de-off-road the FL2 or its replacement otherwise there will be yet another reason that differentiates it from the rest of the offers in market.

Post #117908 24th Oct 2011 10:10 am
zone30

Belgium 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

The FL2 is to the Evoque what the Discovery is to the Sport. I do hope they don't kill of this car. It's only been on the market for 5-ish years so it should at least have 5 more.

Sooner or later they will bring the interior up to date. In fact looking at the situation today it may very well be the case for the next release. As The facelift has just been done ant production is to busy popping out evoques, they probably wont do a massive change for the MY2012 (if at all) and use the extra time to redesign the interior (I hope).

So when the bulk of the pre-ordered Evoques have all be delivered and they get more normal volumes for both FL2 and Evoque, they will try boosting demand and sales again by launching this big update of the FL2.

LR has a history of building on existing cars for many years. Just look at when the Sport, Vogue and Disco have been around (disco 3 and 4 are quite the same for the untrained eye). How long was the FL1 around...

5 years is not long enough for a model to exist. Its when the R&D is repayed that a model really starts making money.

Post #117910 24th Oct 2011 10:32 am
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

While Freelander 2 may have stopped selling it Scandinavia Dealers in the UK are reporting an increase in sales since the launch of the Evoque. It would appear customers are drawn in by the Evoque, see it but decide it's too small and opt for a Freelander 2 instead.

Delivery for a build to order Freelander is currently about 22 weeks, partially caused by the number of Evoques being built, partially by the number being exported and by demand.

FL2 is not dead yet and I suspect it won't be for some time to come.

Post #117912 24th Oct 2011 10:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>