« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > TOWBAR which type ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Gunfa

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Quote:

It doesn't. All it knows is that you are towing because you have something plugged in

So if you have an auto with something plugged in its in sports mode ?

Mines manual so no change in anything power wise I guess. What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Post #93470 26th Feb 2011 11:43 pm
PaulC

United Kingdom 

Agreed. It can only affect gears for an auto.

However, I was of the opinion that wasn't all it did.

Bear in mind that I am no expert. I don't even get my FL2 until Tuesday! But it is what I have heard.

Post #93475 26th Feb 2011 11:56 pm
ad210358

England 

I don't think it has ever been got to the bottom of what it actually does, some have said it changes the ABS settings, also the stability control, but then we are back at Gunfa's point if the settings are changed because of the 12n plug being inserted to allow for a horsebox with it's payload then that would compromise the settings if you have a bike rack and a lighting board. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #93476 27th Feb 2011 12:08 am
Firestar

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

[quote="Gunfa"]

Quote:

So if you have an auto with something plugged in its in sports mode ?

NO. This was checked by me around this time last year when I took my trailer in for service. Sports mode is still engaged/disengaged by the driver when towing (and indicated on the display) with a commensurate change in engine revs etc.,.. The car senses additional load of a trailer via the ecu as a 'need' for more power ---- just as it does when going up a hill.

The main plus with the official wiring is parking sensors / reverse & fog lights disabling and the green trailer indicator on the dash (although most are achievable with by-pass relays, except the last).

Oh, and the sure knowledge that the official wiring kit can't cause warranty issues on any electrical faults!

You should be able to find the old thread with a search.

Post #93499 27th Feb 2011 11:53 am
yaugher

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

UPDATE:
went into Guy Salmon to have the tow bar fitted.(they gave the lowest price for supply fitting and LR electrics)only a 1.5 hr job..

Arrived to have it done (lots of 11 cars awaiting collection!!) . they explained to me that there had been a problem, parts ordered and arrived BUT..... someone had not booked car into workshop and it was a very busy day Big Cry was I leaving it or waiting?....I had arranged to wait for it to be fitted....

They were VERY VERY GOOD tho.....
Pulled out all the stops, managed to get it fitted while I waited and ready within 1.45 mins! never used them before was bit worried as had heard they were not too good BUT....

Very helpfull, put themselves out and they were honest and upfront about forgetting to book it in....

No Complaints from me for my first visit having work done by GS maidstone......SO Im happy to detail todays event and to reccomend them .....from my experiance....A -OK ! Sept 1 2010 Now the PROUD owner of Galway Green Auto Diesel HSE

Post #93838 1st Mar 2011 11:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12