Home > General > Service Action (Recall) for Airbags
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
trg

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey
Service Action (Recall) for Airbags

Hi,

Took Freelander for it's first service yesterday and the very helpful bloke booking it in confirmed it was for service and the 2 "recalls". Two I replied? I expected the Q106 auto box to be done but wasn't aware of any others. Turns out it was for something to do with the airbag. Was really surprised not to have heard anything about it. Any ideas what its about, I was running late and didn't have time to quiz him? Has anyone else been done yet? My car is MY10, March 2010 registered, Auto XS.

As an aside, i reckon the Q106 recalibration is an improvement, although Ive not done many miles yet. And Taylors Service Centre, Dunmow, Essex, was fine, no probs at all with them. Only £100 cheaper than the main dealer I bought it from who obviously don't won't my return business Smile

Post #93532 27th Feb 2011 5:36 pm
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver
Re: Service Action (Recall) for Airbags

trg wrote:
Hi,

Took Freelander for it's first service yesterday and the very helpful bloke booking it in confirmed it was for service and the 2 "recalls". Two I replied? I expected the Q106 auto box to be done but wasn't aware of any others. Turns out it was for something to do with the airbag. Was really surprised not to have heard anything about it. Any ideas what its about, I was running late and didn't have time to quiz him? Has anyone else been done yet? My car is MY10, March 2010 registered, Auto XS.

As an aside, i reckon the Q106 recalibration is an improvement, although Ive not done many miles yet. And Taylors Service Centre, Dunmow, Essex, was fine, no probs at all with them. Only £100 cheaper than the main dealer I bought it from who obviously don't won't my return business Smile

Mines going in soon for its first service.... wonder if i'll have the same recall? 

Post #93534 27th Feb 2011 5:43 pm
bjb134

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
Re: Service Action (Recall) for Airbags

stownrow wrote:
trg wrote:
Hi,

Mines going in soon for its first service.... wonder if i'll have the same recall?

Is it this?

www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/2010-2011my...00899.html

Bryan

Post #93542 27th Feb 2011 6:17 pm
dunroof

If you go into the Topix site and pop in your chasis number, it will tell you if there are any outstanding actions.

Post #93545 27th Feb 2011 6:24 pm
PR

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi,

Where do I find the topix site? Tried google to no avail! 1998 300TDi Auto Disco, never to be forgotten.
2008 Auto TD4 Freelander2, now gone?
2013 Auto SD4 Freelander!
A proud member of Landytown.com
Visit our blog at
http://paullizlifeontheopenroad.blogspot.com/ updated October 2017

Post #93567 27th Feb 2011 8:27 pm
dunroof

Here is the web site, from memory you need to go thro' the menu. Dont subscribe unless you want to part with some cash, but by putting in the chasis number, it will tell you of anything outstanding. If you want more details, then it's a pay service.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/u...253D154460

Post #93569 27th Feb 2011 8:29 pm
Reeventu

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

dunroof wrote:
Here is the web site, from memory you need to go thro' the menu. Dont subscribe unless you want to part with some cash, but by putting in the chasis number, it will tell you of anything outstanding. If you want more details, then it's a pay service.

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/u...253D154460

I was interested to check my vehicle but could not finf , in the menu , where to enter the chassis number Confused

Post #93639 28th Feb 2011 3:03 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

If your looking to see any recalls the go on the vosa website witch will list all recalls for all models and makes of cars. just type in your make, model and the data base will pull up all recalls logged. And it free Thumbs Up

Post #93671 28th Feb 2011 7:24 pm
ad210358

England 

Problem with the VOSA site is it is not up to date I know now of to recalls on mine but niether are listed on the Vosa site yet. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #93673 28th Feb 2011 7:47 pm
dunroof

I've been on the Topix website and there is no recall re airbags, well with my vehicle and I'd be surprised if I couldn't see one relating to others.

Post #93680 28th Feb 2011 8:19 pm
russben

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Santorini Black

Hi,
You can find the bulletin in TOPIx here;
http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/co...=BULLETINS

I found it under 'bulletins - field actions - service action bulletins - Q116_UK - Airbag/Clock Spring Connector'

I couldn't open the document up as I havn't subscribed, but your dealer will have the information available.
Alternatively, the info from bjb134 is as below;

Quote:
Yet another recall has fallen into our laps after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that certain models of the 2010-2011MYLand Rover LR2 Freelander are being recalled because of another potential airbag problem.

Models of the LR2 Freelander built from November 12,2009 to August 23, 2010 are instructed to have the driver’s frontal airbags checked out of suspicion that they may not deploy as intended or, worse, may not deploy at all. The potential problem lies in the shorting bar in the clock spring of the vehicle, which could lead to being disconnected when the air bag module connector is installed.

According to Land Rover, the problem can be fixed by installing a spacer into the driver’s airbag clock spring harness connector, allowing it to function properly and without complication.

Affected owners are instructed to have their vehicles checked with the recall set to begin on or before December 13. If they fall into this group, the repairs will be done at no cost to them. Additional questions regarding the recall can be asked by contacting Land Rover at 800-637-6837.
Hope it helps.
Russ. Poke it, Poke it, make it do it again!!

Gone - 2008 Freel2 HSE Santorini Black
Hello - 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black

Post #93685 28th Feb 2011 9:02 pm
dunroof

Oh well, it didn't effect my one, so it didn't show. That said, I took another look at Topix and nothing jumped out and hit me. You have to appreciate there can be well over a 100 Bulletins and many dont effect the majority of FL2's. There's stuff about the clock loosing time to manual seats lowering height on a long journey.

Post #93688 28th Feb 2011 9:12 pm
scrimple

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Ipanema Sand

just had my first service at Stratstones Nottingham, no mention of any recalls and nothing noted in the service book.

They did know about the drivers seat problem as I mentioned it before the service, I have to re-book it again with them even though I told them about it 3 weeks ago when I first booked it in.  MY2014 SD4 XS
Ipanema Sand

MY10 TD4-e GS Manual
Lago Grey Now retired after 8 trouble free years

Post #93692 28th Feb 2011 9:53 pm
alanbgt

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Bali Blue

Mines a March 2010 FL2 TD4.e HSE, and Topix says I need two:
Q101 - M66 SHIFT LEVER BALLPIN LOOSE
Q116 - AIRBAG/CLOCKSPRING CONNECTOR

Whites in Swindon mentioned it when I asked for a service quotation, so they did look up my car ...

Good for them.

Alan MY10 TD4.e HSE
Bali Blue

Post #93724 1st Mar 2011 3:21 am
Rik

Spain 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

Forgive the ignorance but will the dealer still do recalls when the vehicle is out of warranty? 2007 FL2 SE Diesel Auto
2019 X3 M40d Auto
2019 Evoque P300

Post #93784 1st Mar 2011 6:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>