« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Thieves!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
rjc123

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Thieves!!!

Hello all, I have been stalking around on here for a while. I bought by FL2 HSE in December when the snow came down. It's been great and me and my wife really enjoy the car (great for the dogs, my guitars and the baby which is on the way).

Unfortunately last week someone stole the side vents and indicators off of the car during the night.

I have still not replaced them as I think the thieves broke one of the indicators and they may come back for the new one.

This has happened to my wife before with some lights on a Saxo. I can't believe someone did this. I'm sure they were stolen to order as they didn't make a mark on the car.

The passenger side has totally gone including the inner section which holds the vent in place (they unbolted it!), but on the drivers side the inner section in still in place.

I've phoned lots of breakers yards and they don't have this part in, I can get them new and fitted for £130, does that sound ok? Also, if I order the whole vent assembly, will it include the inner section? Is there anywhere else I could get the parts? Ebay has some vents and indicators, but not the inner section.

Thank you

Post #92414 18th Feb 2011 9:22 pm
dunroof

Try Fleabay.

Post #92415 18th Feb 2011 9:28 pm
ad210358

England 

Sorry to here of your loss thieving Censored I don't thing they are bolted on the sort of press and slide off but the replacements can be found a tad cheaper though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-FREELANDE...2a0d7fcddc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Freelande...3cb505d770

Still Censored you off that people do it though. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #92416 18th Feb 2011 9:31 pm
rjc123

Yes, I saw those parts, the only thing missing would be the 'inner' section on one side. I don't know what it is called but it looks like it's there to keep the vent in place.

Can anyone help with identifying this part?

Thanks in advance.

Post #92418 18th Feb 2011 9:41 pm
ad210358

England 

I dont know if this is of use to you.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic5448.html p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #92420 18th Feb 2011 9:47 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 
Re: Thieves!!!

rjc123 wrote:
Hello all, I have been stalking around on here for a while. I bought by FL2 HSE in December when the snow came down. It's been great and me and my wife really enjoy the car (great for the dogs, my guitars and the baby which is on the way).

Unfortunately last week someone stole the side vents and indicators off of the car during the night.

Gits!

Back in the day (1992) someone stole the headlamp from my motorbike when it was parked at college! They did a good job - stripped the entire cowl down and left the tax disc and fixings in a neat pile next to the bike. Headlamp = £85 Tax disc = £35

Best of it was the bike (Suzuki TS50XKE) cost me £200 so a new headlamp cost almost 50%!

Post #92424 18th Feb 2011 10:01 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Whilst on ebay, check out the CCTV products. There are some wireless units with night vision depending on how much cash you have to throw around.

If anyone on here has seen the film Taken, with Liam Neeson, perhaps these thieves could be disposed of in the same way Neeson disposes of the guy strapped to the chair and wired to the mains.

"I believe you, but its not going to save you!" Rolling with laughter LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Last edited by The Doctor on 19th Feb 2011 12:42 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #92425 18th Feb 2011 10:07 pm
rjc123

When my wife's lights got stolen from her saxo years ago it was on CCTV and you could see the person's face... made absolutely no difference. The police went through the routines but nothing ever came from it.

It's annoying as hell.

Post #92429 18th Feb 2011 10:47 pm
rjc123

I've been trying to research the 'inner section' part that is only on one side. My initial thought was that the thieves had taken the drivers side but now I'm thinking that it might never have been there. Could someone check (just by looking through the vents, not dismantling the whole thing) if there is a black part behind the vent on both sides or if it is just on one side?

Thanks

Post #92432 18th Feb 2011 10:55 pm
Millduu

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Barolo Black

I think the part your after has to do with the air intake,the pipe runs down inside the top of the ns wing from the vent to the airbox.

I've got mine in pieces at the moment so will try and get a picture for you.

Post #92436 18th Feb 2011 11:25 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

A few years ago one of our customers (a surgeon) came in to garage with his new Granada, it was minus radio spare wheel, camera and a few other valuables.
The discussion came round to the chopping off of hands in some countries.
His reply "i would also perform another small procedure which would prevent future generations of this type of low life"
We all agreed. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #92439 19th Feb 2011 1:03 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

rjc123 - I don't know whether you did it when you got the car but most people take off the factory orange side repeaters and replace with white or grey. I still have the orange ones somewhere I took off our car and will post to you in a jiffy bag free of charge. Maybe just keep these on for a month or so to make sure the B Censored s Evil or Very Mad aren't still lurking, then replace if you need to.
PM my your address and I'll do it Monday Thumbs Up
(Maybe you could make a tiny donation to the site)

Post #92449 19th Feb 2011 10:01 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I need to fine a LR replacement clear lense as it looks condensated inside on closer inspection it's cracked slightly

Only can think some moppets opened their door on to it, but a cracked lenses is better than a dented wing

Maybe LPR has a set gathering dust in the parts department Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #92464 19th Feb 2011 11:18 am
rjc123

mcphersonstrut wrote:
rjc123 - I don't know whether you did it when you got the car but most people take off the factory orange side repeaters and replace with white or grey. I still have the orange ones somewhere I took off our car and will post to you in a jiffy bag free of charge. Maybe just keep these on for a month or so to make sure the B Censored s Evil or Very Mad aren't still lurking, then replace if you need to.
PM my your address and I'll do it Monday Thumbs Up
(Maybe you could make a tiny donation to the site)

Thanks very much, I didn't replace mine, but if I do in the future (the clear ones do look nice) I will ensure I pass on these orange ones to someone in need.

Post #92469 19th Feb 2011 12:56 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Thieves!!!

[quote="Natwest"]

rjc123 wrote:

The ones you buy off e bay may well be yours anyway Shocked I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #92486 19th Feb 2011 1:53 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>