Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Crunched it.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mojo

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Well, it's gone in for it's repair and I have a fantastic Citroen C1 VTR+ as a loaner. I think the + means it's got some wheels and seats as I can't work out what else you get for the £10,500 price tag! I want my FL2 back now!!!!!!!! Whilst it's in for repair am having the door rubbing strips added. Hopefully it'll be fine when I get it back in 10 or so days time.

Post #91288 7th Feb 2011 11:03 pm
andw

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

how do you think i feel im starting my 3rd week without mine and all i got was a lot of grief from SWMBO (joys)
all i got to get around is my bike and push bike hopefully the freelander should be back this week with a new powerplant, coildnt aford a loaner Big Cry

Post #91294 7th Feb 2011 11:22 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Ours went to our supplying dealer who gave us one of their loan cars for nothing, just gave us the keys without even asking, someone even went to pick me up cos we weren't that bothered about out...the dealer's in Wakefield Thumbs Up

Also they did a fantastic job of a) sorting the car perfectly, b) sorting the minor overspray without question that I noticed a week later, c) kicking Direct Line's a Censored e into gear after they said it would be 5 weeks before they could get an assessor out, d) fixing the wheel that said assessor told us 'couldn't possibly have been damaged in the accident' T Censored t

Repair's over 12 months old and no problems yet. Thumbs Up

However, I wouldn't insure my vehicles with Direct Line again after my experiences with them, and also, would make sure if the k Censored b that ran into me runs into me again I'll run him down when he gets out of his car. P Censored t

And relax.... Embarassed Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #91303 7th Feb 2011 11:46 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Went to a Vehicle Repair Shop today, work related, it was full of Freelanders, ok not full but lots of them, one only 2 days old, I asked if all the accident damage was due to the recent snow and ice, they said no, it was due to twits not knowing the width and lengths of their vehicles even though they have parking sensors screaming at them when its getting a bit close.
Saw someone recently in a multi storey car park as well squeezing into a car parking space, between two concrete pillars, the car caught on one column, there was a slight crunch, of course the car came to a halt so the guy just stepped on the gas carried on and scraped the whole length of one side with a deep gouge, the car was only a year old AUDI whats the bet he comes up with some excuse he came back to find someone had scraped it whilst it was parked? I call it self inflicted vandalism myself, we all have to pay for these pillocks in the end in higher insurance premiums. Oh the AUDI driver was an old fart by the way. I was only wrong once and thats when I thought I was but wasnt.

2010 Freelander 2 XS Stornaway Grey
2010 Aston DBS Morning Frost
2010 Bentley Continental Brooklands Green

Post #91353 8th Feb 2011 7:23 pm
EYorkshire

Quote:
Oh the AUDI driver was an old fart by the way.

I'm not old but to a 10 year old I might look ancient, but does being old automatically make you a "fart", a bad person, a crap driver, someone to be ridiculed Question . Is there an age where you go from being excellent at driving to crap, if so could you tell me at what age I might expect this to happen Question

Post #91360 8th Feb 2011 8:18 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

62 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #91364 8th Feb 2011 8:41 pm
EYorkshire

phew, I got a way to go yet then Thumbs Up

Post #91366 8th Feb 2011 8:58 pm
dunroof

Look, stop mucking about, your not a woman, so what age are you?

Post #91374 8th Feb 2011 9:46 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Right on EYorkshire!
17 and working in a hotel in North Wales c.1968 an 'old - to me' guy drove up in an Aston Martin, 'what a waste' said I' - to be roundly told off by a 40ish something female colleague saying why should he not deserve to drive one....A lesson learnt on several levels that has stuck with me since! OK I am now 59.............and still no Aston Martin.... Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #91377 8th Feb 2011 9:57 pm
mojo

Well, have got it back now, superb repair and superb company to deal with. Kept me informed at all stages, everyone extremely polite and obviously knew what they were doing as they are the only LR approved body shop in my area.

Post #92340 17th Feb 2011 11:29 pm
WGG1848

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Last year I had someone side swipe my drivers side rear corner, looks like it could have been a wagon of sorts from the the area caught. Very minor damage fortunatly
The body shop I took it to was very pleased to see it was black as in their words 'black is best to respray'.
How true is this as I am in the process off upgrading from my SE to an HSE.

Post #92370 18th Feb 2011 11:59 am
mojo

Mine is Stornoway Grey, bodyshop had no probs matching the colour. In fact, you would never know anything had ever happened to it.

Post #92404 18th Feb 2011 8:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12