« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Sainsbury's car park.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue
Sainsbury's car park.

People were getting stuck in their parking spaces as no clearing had been done, had to pull a couple of guys out before I could get anywhere near, then I spotted a couple of spaces no one had used about 18" of snow, went straight in no problem and then out again when I was done all in standard TR mode Bow down , should have seen the look on the other shoppers faces Thumbs Up priceless.
"WHY BUY A CAR WHEN YOU CAN BUY A LAND ROVER?." Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Last edited by Speedway on 3rd Dec 2010 11:10 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #82844 3rd Dec 2010 8:25 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I avoid supermarket car parks like the plague. When i once tried to park my FL2 miles from the store, someone must have thought that my car looked very lonely and parked so close that only Mrs Beckham could have got out.
Supermarket car parks are a vehicle body repairers paradise. Lord knows how much damage happens every day.

That's not taking away from you for helping people who were stuck, well done Sir Thumbs Up

But you wouldn't catch me there Laughing

Post #82848 3rd Dec 2010 8:38 pm
andw

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

i feel for you i have parked on my own with plenty of spaces around for other people to park i thought as you did great little further to walk but no door dings Very Happy

went shopping got back to the car and hey presto some one else ignored the 10 lonley spaces and parked next to me Shocked cars must be having a chat then as that was the only reason i could think why the fool had parked so close Evil or Very Mad

i now park in family spaces if i can, loads of room Very Happy kids or no kids fair game as far im concerned why should they be treated differently (i fear i may have opened a can of worms here Confused )

Post #82852 3rd Dec 2010 8:55 pm
Speedway

Pegleg, I know whay you mean, dropped my car off for service in Chesterfield and called in at the outlet village in Mansfield to get a Starbucks, none of the other shops were open that early so the car park was deserted as far as the eye could see when I got back to the car 2 idiots has parked either side of me, is it a herding instinct or are people just stupid?, I was in a loan car [Nissan Note] so didn't care this time. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

Post #82853 3rd Dec 2010 8:59 pm
Pegleg

What we need is a very small oil leak on our FL's so we could drive round the nearest parking spaces and our Landy would mark it's territory.
The rest then could all Censored off! I mean go away! Rolling with laughter

Post #82858 3rd Dec 2010 9:26 pm
Speedway

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

Post #82862 3rd Dec 2010 9:49 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Glad you posted this Speedway. I was at Sainsburys in Ripley today and as Pegleg stated there are parking problems but today was the day of revenge for me over the BMW M3 that cut me up in the summer.

I see the guy quite often with his private plate and mr cool sunglasses Cool Laughing
He overtook me on the A38 in the summer then cut in right in front of me at the slip road whilst looking in his mirror and laughing.

He was stuck in mild slush today so I pulled up alongside then reversed into some drifted snow before getting out to go into the store. I waved at him as I walked past Mr. Green

When I came back he was still stuck but over to one side so people could drive past. I promptly drove out of the drift much to the look of disbelief on his face. He might have been good in the dry summer days but today.......

You lose M3 man!!! Rolling with laughter LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #82864 3rd Dec 2010 9:50 pm
maffs

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

andw wrote:
i feel for you i have parked on my own with plenty of spaces around for other people to park i thought as you did great little further to walk but no door dings Very Happy

went shopping got back to the car and hey presto some one else ignored the 10 lonley spaces and parked next to me Shocked cars must be having a chat then as that was the only reason i could think why the fool had parked so close Evil or Very Mad

i now park in family spaces if i can, loads of room Very Happy kids or no kids fair game as far im concerned why should they be treated differently (i fear i may have opened a can of worms here Confused )

You are absolutely spot on. These spaces are abused by parents with less than 'pram' bearing kids all the time (inc. one of close friends!).

That where i'm parking my new fL - fair game Smile

Post #82865 3rd Dec 2010 9:51 pm
Speedway

Good on you Doc that'll teach him the w Censored r. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

Post #82867 3rd Dec 2010 9:58 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Pegleg wrote:
I avoid supermarket car parks like the plague. When i once tried to park my FL2 miles from the store, someone must have thought that my car looked very lonely and parked so close that only Mrs Beckham could have got out.
Supermarket car parks are a vehicle body repairers paradise. Lord knows how much damage happens every day.

That's not taking away from you for helping people who were stuck, well done Sir Thumbs Up

But you wouldn't catch me there Laughing

I totally agree. i only go to Tesco's very late in the evening & then still occupy 2 spaces usually between the trolly park & the edge of the car park. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Last edited by The Valeter on 3rd Dec 2010 10:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #82871 3rd Dec 2010 10:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pegleg

As my nearest supermarket is a 20 mile round trip (i live in a remote area) i use online delivery and my local butcher for meat.
Saves a fortune on dings on doors, trolley scratches and keeps the blood pressure down.
Even more important during half term when over excited little ones fling open their car doors faster than Wayne Rooney's wallet.

Post #82872 3rd Dec 2010 10:14 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I passed an empty car park today that had around 10 inches or so of snow on it that had only been driven on briefly in the entrance area & I simply could not resist the temptation to play!! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #82874 3rd Dec 2010 10:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

careful where you drive
 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #82876 3rd Dec 2010 10:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I'm intrigued into what this Sainsburys Cap Park is Question

I called in to my local tesco on the way home and the security guy looked rather puzzled when I asked him to park my baseball cap Laughing his of foreign persuasion so he might have said only sainsburys have those... But I think it was Censored Off Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #82878 3rd Dec 2010 10:29 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Mr pink never does typos Whistle At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #82879 3rd Dec 2010 10:33 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>