Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Xenon Lights (Are they adjustable to LHD)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Damon275

United Kingdom 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green
Xenon Lights (Are they adjustable to LHD)

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle with me.
I bought a LHD LR2 (American version) from a UK dealer as I wanted to import to Spain.
I have just had the ITV (MOT) inspection and they have told me that the Alignment is not correct for driving on the left. I though that as my car is LHD is should have been OK.
Are these Xenon lights adjustable or do I need to buy replacements suitable for LHD?
Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Damon

Post #61419 26th Feb 2010 7:12 pm
ad210358

England 

You will need European Headlights as the American have a different beam pattern, it was recently discussed here, ignore the first 7 postings and you will find your answer. As I understand it the European Xenons are adjustable for Left and Right hand drive though.

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic5126.html

Last edited by ad210358 on 26th Feb 2010 7:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #61421 26th Feb 2010 7:19 pm
Damon275

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
It should be OK for Spain then (LHD). Perhaps they only need small adjustment etc..
Not sure why it didn't pass the inspection.
Damon

Post #61422 26th Feb 2010 7:24 pm
ad210358

England 

You won't be able to adjust the American Beam Pattern as in the link.

Post #61423 26th Feb 2010 7:26 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

May I ask how you plan to get the car registered in UK or Spain without a European CoC (Certificate of conformity)?

As ad210358 says, beam pattern differs

Post #61443 26th Feb 2010 10:15 pm
BFGLR2Man

Germany 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Alaska White

Damon 275, please refer to the last post of the highlighted forum.

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic5126.html

Having just got a set of LHD halogen lights for my next car, I plugged them into my current car (xenon) and they work fine. Maybe you could borrow a set of halogens for the MOT from your dealer?? (They literally take only seconds to fit, or get a pair second hand to put in the car only for the light test) You won't blind anyone with the US flat beam xenons, but it just won't light up quite so much of the kerb.

I know someone who is selling a pair for €100 here in Germany, can enquire about postage if you wish Wink Wink Wink Freelander 2.2e HSE , Privacy, Fully debadged, 19" Chrome SHadow alloys

Post #61733 1st Mar 2010 8:15 am
athelstan

Idea Site Sponsor - 10forcash had a pair for sale - may still be available Idea

Post #61735 1st Mar 2010 8:19 am
Damon275

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies.

Natwest asked -
May I ask how you plan to get the car registered in UK or Spain without a European CoC (Certificate of conformity)?

When I applied for a Padron in Spain I can import my car and bikes without paying import tax as long as I have owned them for at least 6 months. All cars & bikes have to go through a Inspection test similar to a SVA test which has cost me around 250 euro. I then have to go through a ITV test (MOT) which its failed on the lights.
The complete process should cost me around 800 euros and its a lot cheaper than paying import tax etc..

BFGLR2Man - Having just got a set of LHD halogen lights for my next car, I plugged them into my current car (xenon) and they work fine. Maybe you could borrow a set of halogens for the MOT from your dealer?? (They literally take only seconds to fit, or get a pair second hand to put in the car only for the light test) You won't blind anyone with the US flat beam xenons, but it just won't light up quite so much of the kerb.

I know someone who is selling a pair for €100 here in Germany, can enquire about postage if you wish

Hi BFGLR2Man - thank you for the information. Are you sure it's 100% compatible with the Xenon lights. If yes, I would be interested in buying them.
Can you send me the details.

Thank you
Damon

Post #61771 1st Mar 2010 1:39 pm
BFGLR2Man

Germany 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Alaska White

Damon,

I plugged the halogen lights plug straight into my car and they worked, obviously you cannot level them as there is no adjuster in the dash. I can't comment if they work long term without sending wrong messages to the cars electrical brain and it doing something funny. However, I do know that if you put them in and took them to your MOT garage, did the test and remove afterwards you would get your MOT Smile

As they say, the choice is yours, and if you are only in Spain for a short period it could be a good short term solution. You can always flog them on flee bay afterwards, remember there are plenty of Brits based in germany who need these lights... Freelander 2.2e HSE , Privacy, Fully debadged, 19" Chrome SHadow alloys

Post #62042 3rd Mar 2010 8:06 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1