« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > OBD-II Port
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tonyess

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
OBD-II Port

I've recently discovered the OBD-II port tucked away in the drivers footwell of the Freelander 2.

I haven't bought the correct device to plug in here yet but I was wondering what kind of functionality I could expect if I did. I am amazed to find no mention of this whilst Searching the Forum and can only imagine that it is for some reason not available for use.

Does an OBD interface give access to any of the computer functionality or is it simply used to monitor various sensors with no WRITE capability.

Thanks for any input

Post #12395 31st Dec 2007 11:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I think there's no mention of it on here due to the relative newness of the FL2, especially outside of the UK, and so nobody has needed to plug in themselves.....maybe?

I would expect the usual OBDII functionaility of read and write, and guess this is how they change features like how the unlock function operates, the delay time of the lights staying on when locking the car etc. etc. but you would need to know the coding for changing these probably, if it is possible.

Post #12403 31st Dec 2007 1:29 pm
tonyess

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Looks like it might be worth investigating further then, I can think of two tweaks that I'd make straight away:

1) Stop the single wipe of the windscreen after ignition whilst wipers are set to auto.

2) Shut the Sun roof as part of the Global lock procedure (Press and hold lock on key fob)

Post #12416 31st Dec 2007 2:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

tonyess wrote:
Looks like it might be worth investigating further then, I can think of two tweaks that I'd make straight away:

1) Stop the single wipe of the windscreen after ignition whilst wipers are set to auto.

2) Shut the Sun roof as part of the Global lock procedure (Press and hold lock on key fob)

If these are programable features or region settings built in by Land Rover then you'd be on a winner, but with VW/Audi cars there were about 10 items that can be altered....so worth digging around a bit first to make sure it can change what you want.

Post #12419 31st Dec 2007 3:40 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

It all depends on what unit you have.the more advanced the more you can do,mostly standard units can check for fault codes and reset them along with resetting service indicator etc.
There are some units that can change many functions but these units will cost you a lot of money.Very worth it if you intend on keeping the vehical for some time and are a avid D.I.Y. MAN Thumbs Up

Last edited by superspark on 22nd Jan 2010 8:38 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #56278 22nd Jan 2010 4:48 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Functionality will depend on what you buy to communicate with the car.

Post #56289 22nd Jan 2010 6:44 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

How about this thing.
http://www.freel2.com/forum/post55494.html#55494 Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #56290 22nd Jan 2010 6:45 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1