Home > General > New to the forums thinking of a Freelander 2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Erkybaby

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
New to the forums thinking of a Freelander 2

Hi All

Over the past month I have been thinking about changing my current 2007 SLK200 for something bigger, the Freelander 2 seems to fit the bill perfectly. I have done a fair deal of research and I want the HSE version, is this the best option? What I definitely need are: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, iPod integration, 4WD, Climate Control, Diesel Engine, Auto Transmission, Climate Control. I'm looking to spend no more £21k but need to trade in my SLK. Is the HSE the best option and can I get something no older than 3 years old for that money? Is there anything I need to be aware of while searching?
Thanks in advance.

Post #55350 15th Jan 2010 3:47 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

Hi and welcome Thumbs Up

The HSE offers a lot of spec for the money £21k will get you a 2 year old car easy, but you will pay a fair premium for an Auto but they are well worth it Thumbs Up

I paid £24500 for a 6 month old '09 black HSE auto with 1 owner done 3700 miles, one of the guys in work liked it and picked up an '07 from a landrover dealer last month for £17800 in Silver / man /HSE / 1 owner / 32000 miles.

Post #55352 15th Jan 2010 4:06 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Agree with the Doc, you'll get a nice car for that money plus trade in Thumbs Up
Try this as a guide and type in what you need, use the 'more options' tab and in the 'add keyword' type HSE (Sometimes it tricks you and includes the SE = I think not full leather). Visit a few dealers and enjoy shopping!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

Post #55358 15th Jan 2010 4:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

autotraders all good, but you would be better looked after by going to the dealers as you would get approved warranty with LR.

Your in London, called sponsors Lookers Park Royal 0845 367 1523

Ask for James, Mathew or Spencer tell them your coming via the forum and you will be looked after

James has said that used LR are short in number as the current weather has seen a huge increase in sales (they even sold my old one i traded in to them last week) but they can see whats availible on your budget and give you an idea what your Mercs worth Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #55360 15th Jan 2010 4:30 pm
Erkybaby

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Wow thats great. I work 5 minutes away from Park Royal so I will pop in and have a chat.
Will the HSE have a way of plugging in an iPod?

Post #55414 16th Jan 2010 12:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

They all have a AUX in, though I have a Kensington system in mine to charge & play the iPhone Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #55415 16th Jan 2010 1:10 pm
ad210358

England 

Erkybaby, the sat nav in the HSE is not the best sat nav you will find, if it is the sat nav that is a key point you would be better served with a Tomtom. The Navteq one has very strange quirks and you cannot add anything to it like you can with portable ones. Other than that its a fine motor.
Just my opinion I am sure that others out there will agree to differ. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #55421 16th Jan 2010 2:47 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Have had my GS Auto for 18 months and done 20k with it. No hesitation in buying another, am presently shopping about for a 59 plate the same. Lots of miles off road in connection with forrest rally events.

Re sat nav, I had an HSE courtesy car for a couple of days and found the sat nav screen was in line with dash. Not easy to glance at quickly. My Garmin supplied with adhesive plate for sucker mount sits neatly in pocket (sat nav in hse) and angles towards driver. Cable easily hidden along centre console to rear socket. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #55424 16th Jan 2010 3:13 pm
The Doc

United Kingdom 

I find the sat nav in the FL2 great - I love the "observation mode" where you can program in the area's you want the TMC to monitor if you have regular routes.

Post #55431 16th Jan 2010 3:58 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I don't have a issue with satnav either

tomtom might be better but I'ed rather have it in built(not retro fitted) than stick it on the windsreen showing chav theif that there might be his next fix in your glove box Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #55433 16th Jan 2010 4:10 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Not on windscreen, in dash where factory fit is on SE, HSE, flush with dash and slightly angled towards driver, cable mostly hidden. Also garmin unclips from mounting leaving mounting still wired. Also has bluetooth.
All for £96.00 All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #55439 16th Jan 2010 4:32 pm
ad210358

England 

Oh come on Nick, the instructions it gives such as "Take the Exit" then when you do it takes you back down the slip road on to Motorway you have just left?

Or the one when it says "Turn Left turn then turn left" and this was just to take me off the main road and into a lay-by then back on to the main road?

Or the favorite one is when I leave here it takes me on to a By-Pass which is fine but on the way back it insists I do not stay on the by-pass but insists I travel for three miles through a 30mph village.

Another good one is come off the dual carriage way near me and travel all the way through Berkhamsted an Hemel Hemstead rather than stay on the Dual Carrigeway that runs almost parellel to it for ten miles? p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #55442 16th Jan 2010 4:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

It seems pretty good round Leeds, and I don't get the on off on routing

I have had it when i was further afield but I can live with it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #55446 16th Jan 2010 5:26 pm
ad210358

England 

I understand your point nick but in a Premium vehicle you would expect a better Sat Nav instead it is easily out performed by a unit that costs £150. I am used to it giving daft instuctons and live with it but if it was an option I would not bother with it. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #55447 16th Jan 2010 5:30 pm
proplus

I have no issues with the satnav, and have not experienced any of the problems others have had with it. This is based in and around 90% of the time Birmingham where there are constant roadworks both on M-ways and A-roads, it redirects me flawlessly.

Post #55448 16th Jan 2010 5:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>