Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 Reliability
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Thanks Thumbs Up but (un)fortunatly I didnt get a cigar lighter in my Freely Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #53268 30th Dec 2009 11:12 pm
Cerdo

United Arab Emirates 

Anyone noticed how CRV drivers seem to be jealous of FL2's? Whenever I'm near one on the mtorway they behave like Knobs, as though they know you have the better car. I tried a Seat FreeLoader(?) a VW Tiguan but the Freely was the Dogs Kahonas. Great car. Few niggles but love it.
As for Hairdressers....
 Indus Silver
GS TD4
Private Parts

Post #53271 30th Dec 2009 11:37 pm
Wintermute

Turkey 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

I am getting my FL2 next week, but I've test driven Audi Q5 and a GLK before FL2, and I must say that I am convinced about the FL2.

Q5 handles well, but I was worried about offroad. I had a A4 before, and reading on the Audi forum, the reliability seems to be a real problem with Q5 still.

GLK looks nice and shiny, but handles really poor, on the street. The one I've driven had the 320 CDI engine on it, but the gearbox was poor, and on the street it handled very poor.

Prices, well should I mention that? FL2 with everything including factory nav and 19" rims was still sheaper than an empty Q5, and way cheaper than a somewhat equipped GLK.

Kuga, Tiguan & crew are a different class imo. They should be compared with Skoda Yeti etc. 2010 Freelander 2 Select TD4 auto....gone
2011 Freelander 2 TD4 auto ...current

Post #53281 31st Dec 2009 9:41 am
proplus

When I was looking for a new car (subsequently got the FL2), I looked at every 4x4 under the sun. One of the factors I needed was a decent boot space, and at one time it came down to:

Q7 - too big, loved all the gadgetry but I could only afford a very basic model

X5 - again, basic model comes with absolutely nothing

Q5 and X3 - both too small boot

Shogun Sport - ever since I was a kid Ive always dreat of owning a Shogun Sport, but Mitsubishi have messed it up in recent years with this model

...then I stumbled onto a FL2 and was very surprised by the boot space, thought it would have been much smaller. And with the budget I had I could get a HSE auto, and not a German one.

As for reliability, I can vouch for every model or every manufacturer will have its problem cars. My previous Lexus IS220d was regarded (esp being Lexus) as being one the most reliable, but in the last 18months of owning it, it broke down 9 times, I actually got to know the RAC man on a first name basis!

Post #53303 31st Dec 2009 1:31 pm
derekmcelroy

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Alaska White

Hi, I have a TD4e. Around town driving I get around 34mpg and on the motorway about 44mpg, which I think is good. No problems with it so aftera fter owning new it since March 2010.
Hope this helps
Del Del

Post #85739 29th Dec 2010 3:07 pm
ricknchi

I currently work on landrover / range rovers and have to say iam very impressed with the freelander 2.
Mechanically very well built and reliable,not many common faults, when compared to some of the other models.

Post #86205 2nd Jan 2011 7:47 pm
redlabel

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I love my Freelander 2, but there has been tooooo many trips to the damn dealer! FL2, TD4 HSE
The flaming Orange!

Post #86265 3rd Jan 2011 9:36 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123