Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Dyno and Remap Day At Alive Tuning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dean1234

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue
Dyno and Remap Day At Alive Tuning

Hi everyone 👋.

Chell and Warren from MuddyMods (https://www.muddymods.com/) organised a Dyno Day at Alive Tuning in Louth through their Muddy Freelander Facebook club page. We signed up to it and had a great day while we were there. I know some people are skeptical if you can put these cars on a rolling road due to their terrain response system and how it can work.

I know it was posted about recently from BossBob or Nodge about how the gearbox on the Freelander 2 limits what you can do with regards to remapping. So I asked the following to Alive...

From my research (and my research could easily be wrong), I've read that Freelander 2's that have manual boxes are torque limited in 1st gear to 360 Nm and 420 Nm in other gears due to the Getrag gearbox limitations. If this is true, do you keep that torque limitation in-place when remapping Freelander 2's? 😃

This was their response...

⁠It’s true there are engine torque limitations imposed on most vehicles, in their lower gears, and that’s to prevent the torque multiplication from destroying the transmission. This needs to be respected and tuned with care to help ensure longevity, so all of our tuning, where possible, will always be torque limited in 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd gear, with full moo being available from 4th onwards. Even then, the way we ease the torque in is very carefully considered and can be adjusted depending on if it’s Auto, Manual or Manual with an updated clutch for example. It’s a deep subject that we absolutely understand and it’s been key to our reputation of delivering smooth power delivery.

While I was there I also asked them what mode that they dyno'ed Freelander 2's in thinking it would be in sand mode to get a 50/50 split. But I was wrong, they leave them in road mode. They are able to "load up" the rollers to make the cars think they are on a normal road. On top of that the rollers have motors built it which can aid the rollers if there is a split in speed that the wheels are traveling at and correct the speed from what I could understand.

Anyway blurb aside, here is a bunch of cars from the Muddy Freelander club on Alive's dyno. Very Happy

If you want to free up some extra power in your Freelander, either contact Alive if you want the full dyno and remap treatment. If you just want the same sort of map that was put on the cars on the day then contact MuddyMods as they are now offering Alive Tuning remaps. Smile https://www.youtube.com/@scottandalana4x4

Post #445499 19th Oct 2024 4:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1