« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Hose Repair Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 
Hose Repair Help

Hey folks, not on a Freelander, but it’s general home repair stuff (hopefully) that I know you’re all more than capable of Smile

My current car has an electric heater in the floor that heats coolant so that the heater can be run when the engine isn’t running (it’s a hybrid).

The heater has rubber hoses that come out under the floor and connect to aluminium pipes. There is a sleeve over the top that provides some protection. Mine is leaking at the union between the two hoses, as you can see in the photo.

I’ve since cut back the sleeve and have confirmed it isn’t leaking anywhere else. Ideally I’d like to not disconnect the hoses because apparently the hose setup in the car is easy to get an air lock in and hard to clear it - certainly something I’m not up to doing. Any idea how else I could sort this?

FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - so many issues
2019 DS. Terribly unreliable.
Sold DS for a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Fingers crossed....
Sold Outlander for a 2014 SD4 SE Tech because I’m mental
Now greatly regret selling the Outlander. MPG of the FL2 is atrocious and so are the fuel bills. Fun though 😎
Couldn’t afford the fuel bills so back to an older Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Significantly better than I remembered it to be…

Post #445300 12th Oct 2024 9:33 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

What car is it ?
Maybe there is a forum for it somewhere ?, though I doubt there is much DIY going on for hybrids and BEVs. Jules

Post #445307 13th Oct 2024 10:35 am
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red
Re: Hose Repair Help

Chuckalicious wrote:
Hey folks, not on a Freelander, but it’s general home repair stuff (hopefully) that I know you’re all more than capable of Smile

My current car has an electric heater in the floor that heats coolant so that the heater can be run when the engine isn’t running (it’s a hybrid).

The heater has rubber hoses that come out under the floor and connect to aluminium pipes. There is a sleeve over the top that provides some protection. Mine is leaking at the union between the two hoses, as you can see in the photo.

I’ve since cut back the sleeve and have confirmed it isn’t leaking anywhere else. Ideally I’d like to not disconnect the hoses because apparently the hose setup in the car is easy to get an air lock in and hard to clear it - certainly something I’m not up to doing. Any idea how else I could sort this?

I think someone has attempted a previous repair with a jubilee clip - they are not the usual OEM fastening on most cars these days. Jules

Post #445309 13th Oct 2024 10:40 am
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 

It’s a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - I’m on a few groups/forums but no owners are as brave/experienced as LR owners 😂 I figured a pipe is a pipe is a pipe so here would be best to ask.

And yeah the jubilee clip is definitely a replacement as you can see the original on the other pipe. FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - so many issues
Now greatly regret selling the Outlander. MPG of the FL2 is atrocious and so are the fuel bills. Fun though 😎
Couldn’t afford the fuel bills so back to an older Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Significantly better than I remembered it to be…

Post #445310 13th Oct 2024 10:45 am
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Remove existing hose clip, fit new one by opening them rather than separating the pipes? Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #445313 13th Oct 2024 1:50 pm
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 

Yeah I’ve done that bit - still seems to be leaking although I’m struggling to see where from. FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - so many issues

Post #445314 13th Oct 2024 1:51 pm
Chuckalicious

United Kingdom 

Went and took another look today in the light. It needed a second clip as a bit of the rubber was deformed. Now not leaking. Not gonna last forever but it’ll do for the time being.

Cheers. FL2 TD4 GS 60 reg Facelift - so many issues

Post #445321 13th Oct 2024 5:30 pm
Dartman the one

England 

Buy a roll of self vulcanising tape, it works by stretching the tape overlapping by 50% if there little or no pressure two layers should be sufficient. You can get it on Amazon. also called self fusing tape, no need for jubbly clips Very Happy my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #445323 13th Oct 2024 6:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1