Home > Maintenance & Modifications > SDD programming, BSU
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SM-Landy

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Biscay Blue
SDD programming, BSU

Hi Everyone!

Back in my garage today with my lovely FL2 that requires a TCM update to stop the auto box from 'banging' into gear when it's hot and stuck in traffic.

When it happens, it's like being rear-ended, very harsh clunk. Some say to just live with it and stick it into Neutral, then Drive, let the car pull away then apply power, but my logical brain (and the other half) wants to sort it as that can't be doing any good for her.

I have figured from bulletin LTB00782v4 that I need to apply an update to the TCM which requires SDD DVD 143.03 and config file 219 loaded. - I'm in mid-wales and miles away from JLR and they reckon it's going to be aprrox. £520+vat(!!) plus me waiting around for half a day. So I'm looking to do this myself.

So my question really is to anyone who uses SDD. - I am more than capable of obtaining SDD onto a laptop and grabbing a mangoose, but I don't have a 'battery support unit'. The update should take around 12 minutes, would anyone reccomend a particular type of BSU? - I don't mind paying the cost of it as I will just sell it after. Would a Sealey 40amp BSU be good enough for this task?

Frustratingly, I used to work for a garage that used VAS/ODIS systems and they had a pile of BSU's that were no longer in use because they were not supported by the 'brand'. - kicking myself now.

Anyway, thanks all.

Post #443912 6th Aug 2024 12:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1