Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > All season v Summer for english roads ?
all season or summer?
All season
100%
 100%  [15]
summer
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes: 15

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Mowog wrote:
Exactly

Michelin cross climate suv2 Bow down

Ive just had 4 of these put on. Got a deal on Black Circles which made them cheaper than Wranglers.

Im very happy with them - so much quieter. The whirring which made me worry about bearings and diffs has gone completely and my MPG is slightly better too. Jules

Post #443274 13th Jul 2024 5:35 pm
Ruediger

Germany 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Hallo ich habe mir gerade 4 Yokohama Geolandar AT 015 für meinen Freelander 2 SD4 gekauft. Es sind meine ersten AT Reifen und ich bin gespannt auf das Fahrverhalten.
Habt ihr Erfahrungen mit diesem Reifen auf unsere Freelander?

Post #443301 14th Jul 2024 12:46 pm
jules

Compared to a road biased tyre they have less rubber contacting the road as the gaps are much bigger and so are likely to be noisier, less grippy on tarmac especially in the wet, less precise steering, worse furl consumption. But much better off-road and in mud. Jules

Post #443303 14th Jul 2024 1:06 pm
Lakelander

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

jules wrote:
Mowog wrote:
Exactly

Ive just had 4 of these put on. Got a deal on Black Circles which made them cheaper than Wranglers.

Im very happy with them - so much quieter. The whirring which made me worry about bearings and diffs has gone completely and my MPG is slightly better too.

I've had Michelin Cross Climate SUV for the last 12 months. They seem good and very quiet, much quieter than previous Scorpion Verde All Seasons. Still to see how they wear. Are Cross Climate 2 better? They have a higher noise rating , 71 versus 69 db? I always go for 107 rating, as original 103 seemed to make steering and suspension a bit soggy. FL2 SD4 XS 2013 Orkney Grey

Post #443323 15th Jul 2024 9:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

You could stuff the car full of acoustic insulation, even our pretty tired AT tyres on the Freelander are very quiet (even factoring swapping sides for quieter tyres).

The brain dead option like some family members, you could go low profile tyres like my brother-in-law... in the last 12 months has done 8 tyres & 2 rims on Sydney's goat track potholed roads.

Almost fogot, apart from the sh_t ride, it has cost him a sh_t load more money... & inconvenience.

So noise, expense & sh_t ride vs quietness, no expense &... what potholes!

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic33026.html Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #443332 15th Jul 2024 4:12 pm
sid

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Wonderdust wrote:
sid wrote:
Bobupndown wrote:
All Terrain tyres for me every time.
Ditto! we use comfessor cf 1100 tyres allyear round on two freelanders, use both in the fields occasionally,copy of general grabber tread,half the price.As someone previously mentioned on here,all the time people buy expensive tyres the price will stay high.Funny how when tyre sales drop off for major brands they can give massive discounts.

Sid, would you know what sort of mileage you'll get out of these, I've AT3's on at the moment with 45 thousand on them and will probably need a change soon, probably around the 50 thousand mark.
just checked mileage,10000 miles and not yet half worn,very pleased considering the type of tread.

Post #443346 15th Jul 2024 10:49 pm
jules

Lakelander wrote:
jules wrote:
Mowog wrote:
Exactly

Im very happy with them - so much quieter. The whirring which made me worry about bearings and diffs has gone completely and my MPG is slightly better too.

I've had Michelin Cross Climate SUV for the last 12 months. They seem good and very quiet, much quieter than previous Scorpion Verde All Seasons. Still to see how they wear. Are Cross Climate 2 better? They have a higher noise rating , 71 versus 69 db? I always go for 107 rating, as original 103 seemed to make steering and suspension a bit soggy.

My Michelin Cross Climate 2 SUV are 105 loading as per OEM spec Jules

Post #443347 15th Jul 2024 11:41 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123