Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 dash same all years??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Yazza54

United Kingdom 
Freelander 2 dash same all years??

Hi all

I’m currently fixing up a nice metropolis FL2 for myself that’s had a front end bump. Passenger bag has gone off so I need a new dash - are all Freelander 2 dashes the same through the years regardless of spec and facelift/non facelift?

I know my metropolis has the later keyless fob so doesn’t have to go in a dash socket and also has the full sat nav etc but assuming it’s still the same main dash. Any info would be great, suppose the part number may tell me but I don’t know it!

Post #340443 25th Jan 2018 6:08 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

No different pre and post the keyless fob facelift.

Post #340444 25th Jan 2018 7:02 pm
Yazza54

United Kingdom 

You sure it’s not just a different trim covering the fob socket?

Post #340445 25th Jan 2018 7:03 pm
Yazza54

United Kingdom 

From what I can see there’s been 3 different part numbers for the “ignition bezel” trim. I’d be very surprised if they decided to make a new dash just because of the change to the key fob. Do you know the dashes are different or just assuming because they look different in key fob ignition with the socket vs keyless ?

The bezel part numbers listed are

LR002540
LR007256
LR007289

Google doesn’t throw up any pics unfortunately. The different part numbers for the actual dash seem to just relate to different colourschemes.

Post #340452 25th Jan 2018 7:54 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red
Re: Freelander 2 dash same all years??

Yazza54 wrote:
Hi all

I’m currently fixing up a nice metropolis FL2 for myself that’s had a front end bump. Passenger bag has gone off so I need a new dash - are all Freelander 2 dashes the same through the years regardless of spec and facelift/non facelift?

I know my metropolis has the later keyless fob so doesn’t have to go in a dash socket and also has the full sat nav etc but assuming it’s still the same main dash. Any info would be great, suppose the part number may tell me but I don’t know it!

Stand at the nearest main dealers parts section and ask the question having first taken in the Vin number and asked for a trade discount. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #340460 25th Jan 2018 9:01 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

Rolling with laughter You may wish to have a cardiac ambulance standing by? Rolling with laughter [/quote] Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #340470 25th Jan 2018 10:26 pm
Yorky Bob

Did not say you had to buy anything but part numbers will flow. Whistle FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #340472 25th Jan 2018 10:37 pm
Yazza54

United Kingdom 

I know they’re very expensive new - that’s not what I’m asking. There’s quite a few for sale second hand from newer and older FL2’s in good condition and they look no different to me, just want to make sure I don’t buy something wrong. I won’t be buying a brand new one. The only difference I can think of is the ignition fob socket in the pre facelift FL2 but the part numbers suggest this might just be a different trim as opposed to a different dash altogether.

The part numbers I’ve found suggest the dash is for 06 onwards which would support the above. It’d also be logical and more cost effective to do it that way. Just hoping someone here might know as there’s a full assembly with all the belts pre tensioners airbags etc. In nice condition that I’ve found for £300, and another out of a later car that looks no different for £450... and a few others in between.

Can’t remember the last time I went into a dealership...!

Post #340474 25th Jan 2018 10:56 pm
Bobupndown

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Orkney Grey

It seems completely mad that you have to replace an entire dash board just to replace an airbag?
You would think that it would be better being a bolt in module, keeping repair costs down? Landrover - turning owners into mechanics since 1948

2014 Orkney grey Freelander SD4 GS.
2004 Zambezi silver Discovery 2 Td5 (Gone)
1963 Surf blue Morris Mini Minor Super de Luxe (my little toy)

Post #340484 26th Jan 2018 8:25 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

having had both pre 2013 and post 2013 it looks on the face of it like they have just changed the key fob insert, and the fascia for the middle part of the centre console, along with the centre console back between the seats as well because of the change from rotary dial to scrolling soft switches for the Terrain response.

However its behind the dash that's the problem I would think.

I would be looking only at post 2013MY dash, preferably from HSE as the Metropolis is just a renamed HSE LUX which is just an HSE with camera, Xenon and plusher leather.

The reason I say preferably from an HSE or similar, is because that model came with air quality sensors, humidity sensors, the 825W Meridian system as opposed to the 380W system or the lower systems found on GS spec.

I suspect it wont just be the bits you can see that have changed, there will be plenty under the fascia that's changed as well in 2013MY>

Post #340488 26th Jan 2018 9:12 am
Yorky Bob

Slightly off topic but say a air bag system blows and a dash area can be restored visually do you have to restore a air bag system as some cars on the road just do no have them. Confused

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/commo...t-testers/

Where passenger air bags are present it is also often possible to disarm them, or they may automatically disarm where there is little or no weight on the passenger seat. This may be accompanied by a lamp permanently on to highlight the airbag has been disarmed, this is not considered a SRS MIL, and therefore isn’t a reason for rejection.
 FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #340494 26th Jan 2018 10:10 am
Yazza54

United Kingdom 

RogB wrote:
having had both pre 2013 and post 2013 it looks on the face of it like they have just changed the key fob insert, and the fascia for the middle part of the centre console, along with the centre console back between the seats as well because of the change from rotary dial to scrolling soft switches for the Terrain response.

However its behind the dash that's the problem I would think.

I would be looking only at post 2013MY dash, preferably from HSE as the Metropolis is just a renamed HSE LUX which is just an HSE with camera, Xenon and plusher leather.

The reason I say preferably from an HSE or similar, is because that model came with air quality sensors, humidity sensors, the 825W Meridian system as opposed to the 380W system or the lower systems found on GS spec.

I suspect it wont just be the bits you can see that have changed, there will be plenty under the fascia that's changed as well in 2013MY>

Cheers for the info. I’d be swapping all the gear over anyway, all I really want the doner dash for is the carcass/passenger airbag. All the other guts will be used off my original dash. From the bit of research I’ve done it doesn’t look like the main carcass of the dash isn’t any different across the years and models other than trim colours.

Last edited by Yazza54 on 26th Jan 2018 11:56 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #340519 26th Jan 2018 11:53 am
Yazza54

United Kingdom 

Bobupndown wrote:
It seems completely mad that you have to replace an entire dash board just to replace an airbag?
You would think that it would be better being a bolt in module, keeping repair costs down?

It would, but that kind of logic only comes into play for keeping production costs down, not when passing the costs onto the end user!

Post #340520 26th Jan 2018 11:56 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1