« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Transmission fault & reduced engine performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Free-lander

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue
Transmission fault & reduced engine performance

hi all, I started to get various warnings, such as no hdc, and warnings about transmission fault, I read the fault codes and they related to the diferential control module, I assumed at this point its a haldex problem either the pump or the ecu.

Anyhow the fault cleared, now the above errors are back but with reduced engine performance, a dtc for the fuel pump has appeared, B100-A-15 in the BCM ecu

could this fault be linked to my faulty haldex or do I also need a new fuel pump, also is it the pump in the tank or the high pressure pump.

Luckily I dont do many miles a so i am going to remove the haldex next week and get the pump tested.

Post #310341 5th Nov 2016 11:19 am
LR2drivendiscover

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Rimini Red

In my case, the "transmission fault - traction reduced" message was solely related to the Haldex and would appear on and off. The fix was a pump within the Haldex unit, if I remember correctly.

I don't know about the other messages, but seeing as the issue appears to have started with the Haldex, I would definitely start with that for a fix; if you're not having and sputtering of the engine, the fuel pump is most likely fine; otherwise, I would think you'd notice.

Post #310343 5th Nov 2016 12:04 pm
mgwanderer

Belgium 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Indus Silver

I must admit I find that the problems that this haldex system causes (or has) is very disappointing for such a vehicle but, as the owner of an MGF as well which also has problems (HGF) I suppose we just have to live with them Sad If it ain't ***ked don't fix it

Post #310351 5th Nov 2016 1:52 pm
Free-lander

re haldex

hi, it is disappointing but tell me a modern car that doesnt have its problems, my friend has an xc90, (my 2010) which is a very lovely car, he has had his haldex serviced as a precaution, but then his auto gearbox has failed, the bill is around £2000,

Post #310354 5th Nov 2016 2:23 pm
Free-lander

re freelander

LR2drivendiscover wrote:
In my case, the "transmission fault - traction reduced" message was solely related to the Haldex and would appear on and off. The fix was a pump within the Haldex unit, if I remember correctly.

I don't know about the other messages, but seeing as the issue appears to have started with the Haldex, I would definitely start with that for a fix; if you're not having and sputtering of the engine, the fuel pump is most likely fine; otherwise, I would think you'd notice.

hi, thanks for the response, i hope you are correct, i am going to remove the haldex on sunday ( if it doesnt rain) and then get the haldex pump tested by an auto electrician, if its not that then i am going to send the ecu off to be tested, re the fuel pump, I have read a post where there is a problem with the wiring to the pump that is in the fuel tank.

i believe the repair parts cost pennies but you have to remove the fuel tank, the dtc is shown as intermittent on the jlr sdd , i dont know if that has any significance.

when it goes into reduced power mode, there is no stuttering or anything, it just wont rev past 2500 and it is definitely down on power

Post #310357 5th Nov 2016 2:29 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue
Re: re haldex

Free-lander wrote:
hi, it is disappointing but tell me a modern car that doesnt have its problems, my friend has an xc90, (my 2010) which is a very lovely car, he has had his haldex serviced as a precaution, but then his auto gearbox has failed, the bill is around £2000,

Isn't the Volvo virtually the same underneath as a Freelander 2 ie it's a Ford ? 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #310358 5th Nov 2016 2:45 pm
Free-lander

re

hi, i had a 62 reg v70 and that didnt have the ford psa engine, but the earlier 2.0d did have a ford psa engine.

mine was the d5 engine, i dont know about the gearboxes, i guess the same or similar box will be fitted by a variety of manufacturers.

just like a variety of manufacturers fit the haldex units, vw, volvo , audi

is the freelander 2.2 a ford engine

Post #310370 5th Nov 2016 4:39 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I understand that the 2.2 is a PSA engine built under licence by Ford 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #310372 5th Nov 2016 4:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1