« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New owners first questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Saint Bob

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Stornoway Grey
New owners first questions

Hello I'm new on here,I get my first Freelander later this week so here's the first of doubtless many daft questions,the model I have bought is an SD4 Dynamic,have looked at the specifications of Freelanders on various sites including Land Rovers and I'm struggling to phantom out where the Dynamic sits within the range does anyone have the definitive answer to this.
Another question is to do with the gear shift,had a test drive in the vehicle prior to purchasing it and wasn't wanting to look like a thicko by asking at the time but while driving can you move from "Drive" to "Demand" while in motion or must this option be selected prior to moving off? apologies in advance if these are daft questions.
Bob.

Post #308339 3rd Oct 2016 10:11 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Hi and welcome to the crazy forum..... theres no such thing as a daft question so just ask it (you may get some semi sarcastic replies but that's the forum humor Laughing )

If im correct the Dynamic model is based on the XS spec, with the addition of the bodykit (which I really really like) and seat covers. Previous owner(s) may have specced optional extras (glass roof etc) or added bits on aftermarket. There are quite a few dynamic owners on here (LRNUT is probably the most knowledgable on the model as his started out life as one Very Happy )

With the auto box, you can set off in command shift mode or fully auto mode. You can change between the two modes whilst static or moving at any speed and in command shift you can tap the stick back/forwards to manually change up/down the gears.

The auto box is an ''intelligent'' box in that it learns your driving style and adapts its gear changes to suit. This can take a couple of weeks at least to learn and adapt. it continues to adapt all the time as well.

Bear in mind though, that with an auto, it wont let you change up/down if it will put the revs too high and speed doesn't match your selection.

hope this helps a little, and enjoy the Freely when you get it. They are lovely cars to drive.

Rog

Post #308341 3rd Oct 2016 11:03 am
Saint Bob

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Stornoway Grey

Thanks Rog,things have moved on since my first experience of Land Rover a short wheele base defender on the farm back in the 70's
Bob

Post #308342 3rd Oct 2016 11:12 am
RogB

with the red and yellow spring loaded knobs for engaging AWD and diff lock Laughing

Post #308346 3rd Oct 2016 11:32 am
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

low range and diff lock Rolling Eyes Common sense isn't very common.

Post #308383 4th Oct 2016 5:42 am
RogB

sorry.... its been a while Thud

Post #308392 4th Oct 2016 8:34 am
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

The Dynamic model sat in between an XS and HSE hence why it was priced inbetween these two specs. One thing that made it stand out against the pack was the factory body styling pack along with the gloss black front grill and side vents which makes the car look really planted with an aggressive presence on the road.

The XS came with 17" alloys, manual seats, halogen headlights and no front or rear arm rests. (Later XS models did come with Led signature).

The HSE came with 18" alloys electric seats, halogen headlights with LED signatures, front + rear armrests, footwell lamps and puddle lamps, front map lights, heated steering wheel and a pano roof.

The Dynamic came with 19" alloys, factory body styling pack, tailgate spoiler, electric seats, halogen headlights with LED signatures, front + rear arm rests. Footwell lamps and puddle lamps, front map lights.

All 3 specs had the meridian sav with 380W ICE system.

From memory this is what I recall the major differences in the models above. MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #308415 4th Oct 2016 3:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1