« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Bunch of nagging issues with my LR2. Diff/tranny/etc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rybone89

Canada 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Bunch of nagging issues with my LR2. Diff/tranny/etc

So I bought my 2010 LR2 HSE (3.2L i6) used when it was exactly 3 years old, had 70,000km and was in mint condition. I now have 112,000km on it two and a half years later and recently had the rear diff replaced and transmission flushed/reset. I do oil changes with full synthetic every 8,000km. I run 255/55/19 Cooper Xeons for tires. I have actually never been off road yet or even driven on more than a few dirt roads. Never towed anything either. Was quite Censored off about the diff but apparently all 2008-2011 LR2's need it replaced at some point early in the vehicles life.

The transmission won't shift into 4th or 5th gear unless I hit a certain speed. I could go 55km/hr and maintain 1800rpm's and it won't shift into the next gear until I hit 60km/hr. Same thing happens if I'm going between 70km/hr and 80km/hr, it won't shift until I hit 80km/hr. When I take my foot off the gas it also seems to downshift and slow itself down quickly instead of coasting. The shifting isn't rough, seems to be the same as it always was. Sometimes when crawling in traffic or going into 2nd gear from a stop it will slip into 2nd, not jarringly but not smooth either. This only happens about 10% of the time or less though.

There is still a lot of noise when driving and I know my tires weren't this noisy beforehand (I only have 20,000km on them, rotated once and the tread is like new), so I'm gonna be taking it back to the dealer to see if the new diff is the culprit or if it's bearings.

Love the look of the vehicle but very concerned about the amount of money I'm gonna have to throw at this thing down the road! Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by Rybone89 on 5th Jul 2016 8:48 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #302038 5th Jul 2016 8:07 pm
Rybone89

Canada 2010 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Also have a hood latch assembly on order because my alarm goes off randomly a lot and I get a "bonnet open" message when driving.

My A/C also makes a hissing/swishing sound 80% of the time. It's annoying and can only be drowned out if the fan is at 100%.

Wtf else is gonna go wrong with this thing? Confused

Post #302042 5th Jul 2016 8:45 pm
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

Hi, Rybone89,
Haven't replaced my differential (Diff) yet and my current LR2's older than yours with higher kilometers. Didn't need do it on my first LR2 either. The (Asin Seiki/Toyota) 6 speed auto transmission in the LR2 is a "learning" transmission so might explain your shifts. It should adapt to drivers driving style in a few days. Definitely get dealers opinion.

Post #302045 5th Jul 2016 9:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1