Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > odd steering wondering issue.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue
odd steering wondering issue.

Been experiencing this strange steering effect lately where the car seams to sort of want to go right when turning left and vice versa and a sort of steering wonder as if the wheel. I thought this was the usual link arm issue but no. Been through all the suspension on the ramp and can't find a thing wrong even the tracking is spot on. The general steering seams very light at the wheel I first thought the tyres might be causing it due to being worn so I fitted 4 new Hancock all season tyres at the cost of £475.
My Freelander has had all the main suspension components replaced ie springs, shocks, spring seats, link arms upper and lower. I hope its not the steering rack causing the problem.

Post #293488 12th Mar 2016 10:44 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Did you also check the rear end too as wear there can give a steering effect if the back end is going a bit wayward?

Post #293489 12th Mar 2016 11:19 pm
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

Did you check ball joints? 2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #293491 12th Mar 2016 11:25 pm
turboextreme

The rear suspension is fine as this was also replaced when I did the front which turned out to be a nightmare for me as Land rover kept sending me the Wrong rear springs then springs that were manufactured with a too short small coil for the spring seat resulting in them turning then touching the inner arch. This resulted in 2 weeks of faffing about going two and through land rover 42 mile round trips to get the correct springs.

I will be putting her up on the ramp later today to go through all the Ball joints. Funny thing last night had to pick up the Mrs from her mothers house in Cornwall to find the car never steered funny on Cornish roads which are in better condition then the surfaces in Devon.

Post #293500 13th Mar 2016 8:51 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Ahh well theres your answer, you can get into Cornwall for free so they make it nice and inviting, only when you want to get back out do they charge you, and you enter the rubbish roads again. Laughing

Post #293507 13th Mar 2016 10:52 am
turboextreme

I never pay to get out of Cornwall I always leave via Liskard to Tavistock that way you can Exit for free Laughing

Cornwall Seams to be the Capital of Speed Cameras thank goodness my dash cam alerts me before I get to them. Whistle

Post #293511 13th Mar 2016 1:27 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1