Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Total Engine Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
syscleaner

Turkey 
Total Engine Failure

Hi Everyone,

A week ago while I'm cruising on high way, I had a very small stall and then rev hit the red line and that is the last breath of engine... (TD4 2.2 2007 build.)

Now I have a dead turbo, cracked cylinder heads and burned fuel Injectors... Big Cry. Rest of the engine is fine but cost of the repair is too much (around 5000Pound) if the label on the parts LANDROVER... and I don't think it's going to be relaible.

I asked price for brandnew half engine (just block pistons turbo injectors and top cover ) over here and part shop told me that it's around 10000Pound which is again too much...

Now I started some research and I did see some information about this enginee. Some say this engine is used in Ford Mondeo and some citroens..

So my question is it possible to install ford mondeo engine to freelander 2 ? As far as I know if I buy that engine as ford mondeo price is cut half and that is accaptable for a brand new enginee.... Did any one made this kind of swap ?

Thanks in advance...

Post #279837 30th Oct 2015 8:50 am
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Sorry to hear your news, I hope you get it sorted. Can't answer your question, sorry, but mine has the 2.2 TD4 Peugeot engine. 2007. JLR used a lot of parts from different manufacturers, as most car makers do/did.

Post #279838 30th Oct 2015 8:55 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

Probably best to go and find a secondhand engine from a breakers and either use that whole if its known to be good, or use parts of it to repair yours?
Although they say eg the engine is from a whatever, theres usually slight casting differences for mounting and fixtures etc and it wont go straight in if thats what youre thinking?

Post #279841 30th Oct 2015 9:39 am
syscleaner

Turkey 

Thanks for the quick respond...

Actually my research show me that this engine is kinda very reliable,but not mine... anyway...

I will be visiting UK in a close time. so if it's possible can someone suggest me a good parts shop to buy some of my broken parts...

Post #279866 30th Oct 2015 12:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1