« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Headlamp Upgrade Change in the CCF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
hammerman

Canada 2013 LR2 2.0T SE Auto Santorini Black
Headlamp Upgrade Change in the CCF

I own an 2013 LR2 SE (North American LHD) with standard halogen lights (no signature) with LED DRL's and am looking to upgrade to the OEM Xenon/HID with Signature LED. From researching on the forum here I understand physically this should be a straight swap and should only need the CCF updated. I did some reading on the GAP IIDTool web site and was curious as to where in the MY13's CCF the headlamp type is changed? If I switch to the MY12 capabilities I see that the headlamp type can be switched in the BCM, but it is not listed like that for the MY13?? Is this headlamp selection located somewhere else in the CCF for MY13's?

I will most likely be getting an indy to help me out with the CCF update, I just want to be sure going into the upgrade that it should be possible and learn a bit in the process!!

BTW, this is my first post to the forum, just wanted to add that I have learned A TON of info from reading here, great work!! Thumbs Up

Post #276174 17th Sep 2015 9:31 pm
Jim NI

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Loire Blue

Welcome hammerman- yes the CCF setting is in the BCM- screenshot of where I chaged setting in 2013 Evoque which I would expect to be same for 2013 FL2

2014 SE Loire Blue SD4 Auto (MY15)
Gone - 2011 GS Baltic Blue, Retrofit Electric Leather, Side Steps, 19"SC's, Roof Rails, TT Sat Nav Mod, Retrofit Premium Audio, Retro fit 2013 Xenons with DRL & Sig Strip (Clutch at 47k)
Gone - 2007 GS Narvik Black, Privacy Glass, 19" SC's, Side Steps,Roof Rails, Roof Spoiler, Lamp Guards, Retrofit Electric Leather (Clutch at 115k)
Gone - 2007 SE Santorini Black (Clutch at 120k)
BT IID (best money ever spent on a car)

Post #276181 17th Sep 2015 10:09 pm
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

With HID you need the auto levelling system too, i dont think the mechanism is fitted to allow for this, ???
Standard halogen will just have the manual control system on the dash which is no good?
Plus you need headlamp wash.
Well you need all this in the UK, maybe they dont bother elsewhere if you dazzle oncoming drivers?

Post #276188 18th Sep 2015 2:51 am
hammerman

Canada 2013 LR2 2.0T SE Auto Santorini Black

Jim, thanks for the info, I thought it should be in the BCM, but when I checked on the IIDTool site it didn't show as an available function on that model year, maybe just the tool cannot adjust it at this time? I just wanted to make sure I have some idea of where to look in case the indy has an issue finding it. There is only one shop in the area that may be able to do this for me, I am hoping he is competent!!

Now as for the auto leveling, I was under the impression that I didn't require this, that they were self leveling? Headlamp washers are standard on the SE, so I have them already. I have studied a few posts closely on this forum from folks with my MY13 doing the same swap and were only needing the CCF modified? I certainly don't want to blind oncoming drivers, can someone confirm if I need more than the CCF update to do this properly? I haven't purchased the new headlamps yet, I will hold off until I get clarity on this, thanks for bringing that up Landiroamer.

For reference, I was under this impression of a straight swap based on these forum posts:
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic16819.html
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic22620.html

Post #276243 18th Sep 2015 1:03 pm
3disco

United Kingdom 

I changed to xenon on my my13 and as long as you have the lights aligned should be no problem as if the car is heavily loaded in the rear you can always dial them down on the dash. Smile

Post #276248 18th Sep 2015 3:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1