Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Would you buy another FL2?
Would you buy another FL2?
Yes
73%
 73%  [111]
No
18%
 18%  [28]
Not sure
7%
 7%  [12]
Total Votes: 151

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Stuartc

Australia 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Aintree Green

As one being faced to order a Discovery Sport or to grab one of the last MY15's on the boat to Australia I'm soooooooo happy I bought the Freelander 2. Now that there are Discovery Sports on the road my decision is even
more resolute.
I love this car even more after 8 months of ownership than the day I picked it up!
In every way this car has been an absolute joy to own and drive!
I would most definately buy another, as I can't, I plan on long term ownership.

MY15
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Surround Camera System
InControl Apps soon to be replaced with CarPlay (WIP)
Meridian Premium Surround Sound
Digital Audio Broadcast
Timed Climate
Cruise ECO Data
Follow Me Home Reverse
Extra Features Menu
Picture In Motion
4x4i screen (WIP)
Digital Broadcast TV
Meridian Rear Media with WIFI
Factory Powered Tailgate
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Reverse Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Electrochromatic Wing Mirrors (WIP)

Last edited by Stuartc on 5th Sep 2015 9:29 am. Edited 4 times in total

Post #274641 4th Sep 2015 5:31 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

After all of the problems my family has had I still like the car and was looking around last week for a possible replacement. The problem is that I can't get excited about a RAV4 or a Quashqui (spelling?) or anything out there, even a DS. To cap it all my Freelander is in the dealers again for warranty work and they lent us a Jaguar XF, this has been a big disappointment, even my wife has complained about the harsh ride, no room in the rear seats (she is only 8 stone!) , low headroom etc. She wants another FL2! 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #274668 4th Sep 2015 10:35 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

agreed, there is little to get really excited about, I had a crapQi (qashqai) in ireland for a week, what a terrible experience.
I do like the DS - again had one for a week courtesy of Harwoods Tonbridge, and really liked it - aside from the price,poor rear visibility, and no compass on the Nav. But, and its a big but,it did feel like a real softroader and not a proper 4x4. Might as well get a X3, putting the price of the options aside, at least that drives well and is very cheap to run.

Perfect Car - Facelifted Freelander (O3) , with new JLR engine and 9 speed auto - which points us towards the Ewoke. 

Post #274674 4th Sep 2015 11:01 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Voted yes and true to my word bought a my15 SE SD4 last week Thumbs Up MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #274688 4th Sep 2015 1:53 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

im on my third FL2 and hopefully the current one will have had the faults of old already ironed out, after buying the first FL2 i would not buy a DS straight away, LR can have someone else be the guinea pig public test driver

when the time comes to swap then maybe i will look toward its replacement DS Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #274689 4th Sep 2015 2:25 pm
j77

Scotland 

One thing is for sure I won't be having another DS, they ain't bad but they ain't brilliant either. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #274693 4th Sep 2015 3:13 pm
Lurcher

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

Was just passing a Subaru dealership this aft so I popped in to have a look at the Forester just to compare it seating/size wise with my Freelander .
A little smaller and more compact , the driving position was not too different from the FL2 and although the interior it was a bit plasticky I was reasonably impressed with the car .
Maybe I will have a closer look and test drive when mine is 2 yrs old next March , have done a similar recce on a DS when mine was in for service and decided that wasn't for me .

Post #274711 4th Sep 2015 4:58 pm
leesbay

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

No!
Sold my D3 to raise funds and bought my Freelander as a stop gap
I'm just a tourist waiting for a nice D4 to fit into budget!
Saying that I wouldn't have any other model than my 3.2i6 its a very good all round fast and reliable car (the Volvo engine is the best bit!) - FL2 3.2 i6 - There is no Replacement for Displacement

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what I told her I paid for it, there will be some bargains out there!

Post #274735 4th Sep 2015 7:52 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

Definitely - perfect car for us and the dogs.
Wife fancied an Evoque until she saw the boot space (or lack of it) So bought our 3rd FL2 (2015 SE Tech) about 6 months ago.
Had a look at the Discovery Sport - its OK but 7 seats of no value to us and as a a rule I never buy a new model - I wait till its been tested properly by the public.
Previously had 3x FL1 and 2x FL2 with no reliability problems to speak of.
Not had a problem with local main dealer from where I bought them all. Jules

Post #274770 4th Sep 2015 11:34 pm
amerclarke

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

If a metropolis comes up in aintree green at not silly money I'll be on my third. Thumbs Up Al C

Post #274783 5th Sep 2015 8:14 am
wurzel153

2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue

Will never get a land rover again. Car going in for 14th warranty claim in 15 months, car currently beeps 4 times when unlocked so going back in again. Loan car fl2 provided which exploded on my drive destroying child seats and other contents, incredibly hard work getting the dealer to reimburse for contents, still waiting for Land Rover to reimburse for my excess for the claim on house insurance for damaging my driveway. The car is lovely to drive but the reliability is an embarrassment. The dealers are ok, the customer relations team are terrible, and Land Rover technical are lying sods.

And my wife's next car was going to be a Range Rover, Land Rover lost that sale by being completely incompetant. Will never go near the brand again.

Post #274784 5th Sep 2015 8:18 am
Lurcher

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

We are on our 6th , 1st was new in 2001 (new clutch after 1 month but that didn't put us off ) , 3 other FL1's to 2010 then 2 FL2's including our current model which was bought new in March 2014 .
Never had any probs with them apart from that 1st glitch with the clutch , all manual gearboxes but would consider an auto next .
I voted I wouldn't buy another only because none would be available , unless I went for a 2015 model when mine is 2 or 3 yrs old but thats unlikely .
We only cover 8000 mls each year and that will reduce slightly when wife retires next year so it will be still a fairly low mileage car at 3/4 yrs old , so we may keep it for a while yet .
Although there are only 2 of us we have found the available space very handy for regular trips to the tip and local charity shop plus 2 child seats in the back for the grandchildren .

Invested in a 2nd set of GS alloys when I had the previous FL2 and put Dunlop Winter Sports tyres on which will be going back on this one end of next month .

Post #274788 5th Sep 2015 8:48 am
Purplemadboy

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Firenze Red

I voted no, not because I don't like the car but because I only buy new and since they don't make it any more I guess this will be my last LR as I don't like the DS but it is also stupid money for what it is. Do it now ! Your a long time dead !!

Post #274863 5th Sep 2015 10:01 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

Same here, I only buy new and Landrover are appealing to a different customer base these days which does not include me.

After 16 years with Landrover I am more than happy with my new Volvo XC60, which never fails to impress me.

So I'm out Laughing

Iain

Post #274886 6th Sep 2015 8:19 am
RichP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

I plan to keep mine for a while, at least until I have completed a few projects I am currently undertaking. By this time I think I will be onto a D4, RR, or their future equivalent, I certainly won't be driving anything lower because for my height the FL2 has been a revelation. I know some don't like it but in my opinion the FL2 is such a good vehicle that it will continue to have a following for many many years to come. When I get round to changing mine I will probably be looking at something a bit newer than the age of the last FL2s made.

Post #274890 6th Sep 2015 9:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>