« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > New (to me) Freelander
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
john64

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Martinique Blue
New (to me) Freelander

Well I think I got a good deal today, but always when leaving a car dealership you are never sure.
Last night was just surfing the net and spotted Pentland in Cupar had a nice white TD4 GS manual, 18" alloys black leather etc..only downside was highish mileage 60k which doesn't bother me as we don't do much mileage anyway. Was up for £16500 it is a 2013 63 reg. It has never been fitted with a towbar. So I trundled along with my 2008 TD4 GS this morning with a target of £8500 to change.....we did the salesman / sales manager dance and I did deal at £8750 inc years road tax, them changing my private plate and a free umbrella (got a free hat with last one from them) so pick it up Thursday tea time..I believe I get another LandRover experience half day and 2 years warranty as well ... It isn't even two years old until the end of November.
Think I did okay. I just took out my Melville and moon seat covers and all my mats so hope they fit.
Roll on Thursday.
I also have a 1961 s2 swb ragtop and a TD5 disco with a lift, winch etc.

Cheers
John

Post #273502 23rd Aug 2015 8:05 pm
MidlandRover

England 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Welcome, don't hold you're breath for the experience voucher, got my car first is June and still no voucher will give dealer a call in a couple of weeks if nothing arrives.
Photos of the new arrival please. FL2 SD4 Metropolis Auto Santorini Black / ivory completely stock.

It's true that light travels faster than sound, some people look quite intelligent until you hear them speak.

Stop global winging.

Post #273508 23rd Aug 2015 8:57 pm
taztastic

England 

The dealer has to be pestered, if you don't ask ...

Maybe they have to pay for them?

Post #273530 23rd Aug 2015 10:22 pm
DrRpb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

Don't pester the dealer they don't sort it. Go direct to LR Experience themselves.......not the actual centre you have in mind but HQ.... Thumbs Up * GONE. GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* GONE.2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Rocket ship. 33mpg.
* Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975 Smile

Post #273535 24th Aug 2015 7:16 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

A good trick with any company. Get the name of the CEO (is listed on all government company resisters) and write a very polite but firm letter with your issue. I have done this with a few companies in Australia. Have never got an answer from the CEO but always from someone in a reasonable position in the company. A 'paper' letter is worth the effort. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #273538 24th Aug 2015 8:12 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1