Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Service Action Q106 - Diesel Auto Transmission Slip/Flare
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

The towbar update will reset the clock, and I will assume its out of warranty in which case it will be hard to prove a dealer fault caused the display to play up.

Post #106715 30th Jun 2011 7:58 pm
andy_duncan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Quick question -

Is there any way to know - Other than Ringing Land Rover - to know if the Q106 has been performed ?

Post #150539 8th Aug 2012 10:32 am
Bertie boo

Hi, I've had a Freelander 2 automatic HSE 2007 for 2 years and within a few weeks of purchasing it experienced the Q106 slip/flare issue now and again when using kick down when setting off from junctions/roundabouts, from both a standing and rolling start. The car sets off and then loses the drive where it appears to come out of the gear and revs highly then after a few seconds goes back into gear with an almighty bang and lurch forward. I took it back to the non-Land Rover dealer who I bought it from stating there was a major issue and that sooner or later something is going to break/shear off.. They had no idea so took it to the local LR dealer who pleaded ignorance and couldn't find anything wrong. It kept occurring over the following months so I took it back again, LR this time reconfigured the transmission and diff controllers as per the Q106, which I have to admit at this time I wasn't aware there had been a recall for this issue.
The problem still persisted although not quite so violently when it eventually went back into drive.
I kept on mentioning it but all I got back was that there was no fault showing.
Not surprisingly a couple of weeks ago the same thing happened again at much lower revs and immediately a clunking sound appeared from under the car. I took it back in where LR have said it is the PTO where teeth have sheared off and needs replacing. They are adamant that there is no other issue regarding the transmission and this PTO issue is nothing to do with the Q106, which I only found out about last week via the internet, problem but are going to run diagnostic tests next week, me footing the bill for the tests if nothing shows up. I am aware that their software will probably show no fault but know that it is still there and will suggest that I take them for a drive to show them, as they have not been able to replicate it so far.
I know I've gone on and on but until the transmission fault is accepted and rectified other damage will always occur.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar? What other options have I got?
Other than this issue I've been very pleased with the vehicle. Sad
Thanks.

Post #269226 11th Jul 2015 8:52 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456