Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Dash Camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
shiggsy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Yes it also has a selection of timed shutdowns settings as well, so 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours etc, so you don't have to wait for your battery to run down to 12v before its switches off. 
Hung like Einstein, smart as a horse.

Post #254061 20th Feb 2015 1:29 pm
Lurcher

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

Thanks for the instructions on routing the cable , there is a Power Magic Box coming with the unit as part of the deal , will have a think about that option .

Post #254079 20th Feb 2015 3:43 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

pcheaven wrote:
great choice
remember to upgrade the firmware to latest and greatest, and if possible do not use Sandisk cards
especially the larger sizes - they have a unusual memory controller chip that Blackvue devices dont
get along with. I tried this and had issues with the 64gb cards.
Now I use the more expensive, but approved, Delkin 64GB MICROSDHC 375X UHS-I
Always format using the sdformatter tool in FAT32

Where did you find out all this info? There is no info with the Blackvue & very little on their site? I just have the card that came with it. Must admit it wasn't easy to work out how to watch anything.

What is the sdformatter tool? I formatted my 550 Blackvue by pressing the button on the unit. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #254178 21st Feb 2015 12:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Craigius

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt Silver

shiggsy wrote:
If you are not interested in using the parking mode feature plugging into the front socket will be fine as it will stop recording when the vehicle goes to sleep

How long does it take to go to sleep? MY 2012 HSE LUX
MY 2010 XS

Post #264360 20th May 2015 10:13 pm
shiggsy

Actually I think the front socket shuts off immediately when the vehicle is switched off. 

Post #264384 21st May 2015 9:11 am
D-Man

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

shiggsy wrote:
It must just be the 64gb sandisk cards that have the problem as I use 32gb sandisk in my blackvue and its fine.

Upgrading to the latest firmware isn't always best especially as the blackvues don't let you roll back to a previous version. My DR3500-FHD came with firmware 1.4, I updated it to 1.5 which added some feature I wasn't interested in, only to find the recording bitrate halved. It was only going back to the supplier who knew his stuff and we were able to trick the device into using the old firmware. It was a few months before Blackvue released 1.6 to fix the bit rate problem, but that did also include a fix to get rid of some jittery playback.

Any tips on getting firmware updates to work? I've never managed it: they always fail even when making sure I follow the instructions carefully. 2011 SD4 HSE Auto
(Previously 2007 TD4 XS Manual)

Post #264454 21st May 2015 9:01 pm
nixonad

England 2013 LR2 TD4 GS Auto Firenze Red

Just fitted a HD Smart-I Duo, piggybacked on to the front aux. fuse with a flying lead for power, good recording front and rear, it has it's own internal power supply and shuts down after about 5 mins when power removed. Cost about £60.00
Cool

Post #264463 21st May 2015 9:38 pm
shiggsy

D-Man wrote:
Any tips on getting firmware updates to work? I've never managed it: they always fail even when making sure I follow the instructions carefully.

What problem are you having. As far as I can recall there is not much to do, use SDFormatter on the memory card, copy the new version to it and put it in the Blackvue. Without the engine running the battery voltage can drop quite low, like 11.8, which might go below the threshold of a Power Magic Pro if you are using one of those. So might be best to have the engine running and card in before you power up the Blackvue. 

Post #264511 22nd May 2015 12:15 pm
D-Man

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Problem....when I've done this (exactly) I then get messages from the Blackvue along the lines of wrong version number and it won't start up.
Then reformat card and put in blank, the device writes to the card and starts up ok, clearly still with old version. Tried multiple times....very frustrating. (Not using Power Magic). Keep wondering if I've copied all the right bits, or how I know - don't find the site very helpful! 2011 SD4 HSE Auto
(Previously 2007 TD4 XS Manual)

Post #264545 22nd May 2015 7:55 pm
wildebed

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

It strikes me that you can pay a lot for a dash cam and actually get no better a result or feature than a budget model.

There's a chap whose YouTube channel is Technomoan. He has reviewed several dash cams - some very reasonably priced ones. His reviews are thorough and include night and day time samples.

Always worth a look at his stuff.
The best examples are on his webpage - YouTube degrades the sample clips:

http://www.techmoan.com/

Post #264810 25th May 2015 7:18 pm
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue

I've just ordered the Vico Marcus 5 Duel Camera system to replace my Mio unit to try if i can hide all the wires when fitting.

Post #264816 25th May 2015 7:54 pm
wildebed

Considering its rear view live picture, that's a neat bit of kit that (to some extent) obviates the need for a rear-view camera. I have the Mobius myself. The Mobius also makes a great holiday video camera !

Post #264823 25th May 2015 8:29 pm
wildebed

You are correct - the Mobius is a fantastic holiday camera (and a versatile dashcam) I need a polarising filter for it - anyone any ideas?

Post #265906 4th Jun 2015 4:27 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

You need a piece of 'optical polarising gel' (optical polarising plastic sheet). It is about 0.5 mm thick. I bought a 10 x 10 inch sheet of it years ago to cut a round odd size rear mounted lens filter. It is optically perfectly flat. But, like any polarising filter it will drop the light passing through by two thirds which could be an issue for the camera in low light. A bit of black cardboard shielding reflected light might work better and is a lot cheaper. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #265936 4th Jun 2015 10:33 pm
turboextreme

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Loire Blue

If anyone is interested in a great duel camera system wait for the Mio 698 Dual which will be available soon.
The Main unit looks similar to the mio 658 touch which also has Wifi to send videos to your smart phone.

Post #266245 7th Jun 2015 8:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>