« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Got it home now
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sidetops

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue
Got it home now

Collected my new 2009 Freelander yesterday and drove it home. What a lovely car, very smooth and quiet. Love it! On the motorway at around 80-90 mph the average mpg was 36, not bad I guess. When I came off the motorway I reset it again, and by the time I got home it was reading 44.3 mpg. It cost £80 to fill up, and the 250 mile journey used half a tank, range is showing just over 250 miles. I'm expecting it to drop a fair bit around town though Laughing

There are a couple of minor niggles I need to sort out and wondered if anyone could kindly offer assistance or perhaps experienced advice.

The satnav only shows Sweden, Holland, and a few other nearby countries, but not England. It works ok, is in English but I cant put a UK postcode in, instead I have to search area. *UPDATE * Forget that, I've just found the other discs!

Not too concerning but there is a very slight wobble at 80-85mph, it feels like a tyre maybe uneven. The fronts are quite new. It could be balancing. I did actually stop at a motorway services to check the wheel nuts were tight!

When I first picked it up, there was a 'rubbing' sound when braking with a slight lumpy feel. To me it sounded/felt like the rear pads are low. But funnily enough after 200 miles or so on the motorway it seems to have gone away. Not sure what that could have been.

The passenger door doesn't always unlock, if I press the unlock button 4 or 5 times it unlocks. Opens from the inside though.

Apart from that all seems good.

Thanks in advance
Simon

Last edited by Sidetops on 29th May 2015 1:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #265146 29th May 2015 11:06 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

The rubbing sounds from the brakes would most likely be surface rust on the disc being removed as you applied the brakes initially and its now been rubbed off, this will happen in wet weather if the car is parked up or its been hosed off and not used since??

Post #265149 29th May 2015 11:23 am
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

There's a dvd player under the driver's seat with the mapping disk in it - check which disk is in there, you might have a non-UK disk.

The rubbing sound was probably just corrosion on the disks. After 200 miles that would have worn away, hence no more rubbing sound. Nothing to worry about if that's all it was.

Door locks are a common problem. Sometimes just lubrication of the working inside the door can sort it, other times it's a new door module or latch.

I find the mpg figures given by the computer are a couple of mpg higher than those obtained by monitoring mileage and fuel used. YMMV - in this case literally!

Post #265150 29th May 2015 11:25 am
Landiroamer

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 TD4_e SE Manual Orkney Grey

My first Freelander 2 had a back door locking solenoid fail and all that was was a loose electrical plug connection that came off when the door was slammed once, might be all it is a loose connection?

Post #265155 29th May 2015 11:37 am
Sidetops

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Ah, just checked! There is a sat nav case with different DVD's in. I've now entered the UK disc! How silly of me Rolling Eyes
Thanks everyone

Post #265157 29th May 2015 11:53 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1