Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Theft warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Offshore1987

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

Seeing as my Defender 90 use to have this funny trick of not always opening by the key.... and the passenger side did not have a barrel in the lock ( it fell out ), you could only get in via the drivers door Laughing Any ways I use to keep a fishing rod bank stick ( the cheap type one ) under the edge of the carpet in the back of the pick up bed Smile The amount of times I went out and was say at a car park or anywhere for that matter, and then had to jump in the back then push the bank stick in between the door and body then prise open the truck cabs rear window then jump back into the back to open the window and finally lean in to open the door Rolling with laughter Sounds a lot of effort but really was a 30 second job with some swearing Thumbs Up But not once did anyone say anything or even question wtf is he doing or hes stealing it Shocked Kind of bad really that someone looking like they are stealing something, and no one ever said anything Rolling Eyes

P.s the best thing I ever did was order some of the stickers from ebay that have TRACKER FITTED I had the one with the reg number stamped to it so it looked proper, loads of times I spotted people TEA leaf types looking at it till they read the sticker then walked away Thumbs Up Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #255045 27th Feb 2015 12:30 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

RogB wrote:
I wish you guys would make your mind up, one minute the Freelander 2 is Land Rover's most reliable vehicle EVER!!
and the next even the car jackers wont nick it as they cant get it to start/stop/move.

Im so confused Shocked

I'm not, I have lost count of the number of times I have been back with our cars in the last year.

Post #255046 27th Feb 2015 12:39 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Dorset - from what ive read through the threads you seem to have got one of the few 'last shift of the month knock off time' cars. Sad

I had a Zafira like that once, nicknamed it my clown car as every time I stopped something fell off Rolling with laughter

Post #255049 27th Feb 2015 12:42 pm
ad210358

England 

dorsetfreelander wrote:

You comment about the Defender panel gaps reminds me of the 1970's quote that there are only two features on Earth visible from an orbiting space capsule. The Great Wall of China and the panel gaps on a British Leyland car.

Then there is the one about Toyota, they put a dog in the car overnight to test if it is airtight or not, Land Rover did it with a Defender, next morning they came in and the dog had gone. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #255087 27th Feb 2015 7:07 pm
ad210358

England 

You might want to have a read of this from Disco4.

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic119397.html? p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #255088 27th Feb 2015 7:10 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

RogB wrote:
Dorset - from what ive read through the threads you seem to have got one of the few 'last shift of the month knock off time' cars. Sad

Except that I have had three of them Sad

Post #255112 27th Feb 2015 9:41 pm
submarine

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

That's really frustrating for you. I empathise. I have got to the point where I think most of the common problems for mine has been fixed (out of warranty) but am still waiting for some wheel bearings to go....

They may well be LR's most reliable vehicles to date, and I think they are. Judging against other cars the list of common faults is actually quite short - just have a look at some 3 series to realise how many faults are considered common there, but I do also think that the first thing a car should do is work. No point in having a nice car that doesn't move, regardless of how capable it might be if it did.

Post #255151 28th Feb 2015 12:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12