Home > Technical > Low Washer Fluid Warning - MY2013>
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue
Low Washer Fluid Warning - MY2013>

Quick question folks

Does anybody with a MY2013> DEFINITIVELY know how much fluid remains in the reservoir when the warning is activated on the Central Info Display? The tank (with Headlamp wash) has a 6l capacity, and I seem to recall that on the previous model that the warning activated at circa 1/2 litre remaining. I am doing an experiment with the much-raved-about Autoglym Screenwash, but need to get my measurements right. If anyone knows for sure, it would be helpful to hear at what level the low fluid sensor trips at.

I suppose the alternative would be just to pump the existing lot out and start again, but as they say...every little helps!

TIA Thumbs Up Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #245375 17th Dec 2014 7:57 pm
taztastic

England 

Quote:
Mattei posted

Maybe someone is interested to know that when the info comes up with "low washer liquide" you have about 1,6 litres left.
I have the Xenons so have the headlights washer also and the signal came up this morning so I filled up with 4 litres and I think it was ustabout full. The book say the tank holds 5,8 itres (on the cars fitted with headlight washers) and I guess that I might have squeezed in another 200 ml max .

Nearest I can find, I don't imagine LR will have changed it, not definitive as you requested and it's probably best to empty the fluid and measure it, pull the hose off at a connector, empty into a bottle and re use it?

I must have a read up on the autoglym stuff, not aware of it, looking forward to your findings Thumbs Up

Post #245378 17th Dec 2014 9:07 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Can't you siphon the water out. Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #245381 17th Dec 2014 9:38 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

taztastic wrote:
Nearest I can find, I don't imagine LR will have changed it, not definitive as you requested and it's probably best to empty the fluid and measure it, pull the hose off at a connector, empty into a bottle and re use it?

I must have a read up on the autoglym stuff, not aware of it, looking forward to your findings Thumbs Up

Thanks Paul, that was my train of thought as well. I'll keep you posted on the AG stuff as well - getting the concentration right given the topsy-turvy climate that we are seeing this winter is the hardest part of the job. It was a ridiculously mild 13 degrees here yesterday, but will allegedly be back to 5/7 by day again next week. Ho hum.... Confused Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #245414 18th Dec 2014 9:08 am
Offshore1987

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue

The best way to empty it and catch the contents is to get someone to hold something under the rear window washer so it catches the wash Thumbs Up

Don't do it all in one go though as it might Censored off the pump Smile Wait till the sensor stops working, then the fun begins when you have to change it! Took so much faffing

Dan Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #245439 18th Dec 2014 1:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1