Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Buying a MY 2013 HSE for xmas, or wait a bit?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Parsley

Buying a MY 2013 HSE for xmas, or wait a bit?

Hi all,

So I have decided 99% on this, funds should be available by Christmas (property sale) and my local dealer has an HSE Lux at 」27,880 which ticks all the boxes (this will be gone by then I'm sure, but gives you an idea). Plenty around at that price but Guy Salmon at Portsmouth seem like decent chaps and after hours of reading the forum other customers give it the thumbs up, worth a lot to know that in my opinion. 20k miles on it but hopefully that would have sorted out any niggles and bedded things in nicely.

So anyway, would they be looking to offload stock around Christmas time, be up for a deal? It's the middle of winter so obviously a sticking point in favour of a snow capable machine (as if we get much here!), but that's beside the point. My original thought was to spend 15 to 20k but since I plan on keeping it for around 5+ years with warranty I have convinced myself another 5k is ok. If I wait til spring I'm fairly sure I could snag one for bang on 」25k. It's that damn creeping towards 」30k which is only making me 1% doubtful!

I have been to and fro with all the model options, the GS is a relative bargain for what it is, I accept that, but I am sold on a top stereo, the NAV and DVD function, the lux interior features, etc. I plan on doing some extended trips. Hence I have battled with the decision, if I spent 10k less that's 10k of adventures right there!

So I guess it comes down to just buy what I want when I have the money, try and haggle for some extras like the spoiler and maybe step protectors that sort of thing. Or wait, and see what the new year brings. I'm carless right now and manage just fine, so waiting is no problem.

If you want a laugh my other 1% doubt was buying a 15 grand Boxster in the Winter as a bargain Porsche! Sell it in the height of summer. The freely is all the car I will need and knowing myself the Boxster could get me in trouble!

My other idea of buying a 4wd California for trips has also been shelved as 40k + for a used one is a lot of money and they are having problems just like any modern car/van.

I know what will happen, I will think ta hell with trying to save a grand or so, just find a nice one and get it...

Sound good?!

Post #240038 4th Nov 2014 3:08 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Trouble with setting a limit is that for just a little bit more....... Laughing

Post #240039 4th Nov 2014 3:23 pm
DrRpb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
Re: Buying a MY 2013 HSE for xmas, or wait a bit?

Parsley wrote:
Guy Salmon at Portsmouth seem like decent chaps and after hours of reading the forum other customers give it the thumbs up, worth a lot to know that in my opinion!

Yes Thumbs Up * GONE. GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* GONE.2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Rocket ship. 33mpg.
* Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975 Smile

Post #240041 4th Nov 2014 3:33 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

You get a nice Heated Steering Wheel on the HSE Lux. It's a no-brainer... Thumbs Up Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #240042 4th Nov 2014 3:49 pm
Parsley

Yes, I call it 'feature creep', but no way I want a Disco Sport, I have no need for seven seats or ultra modern styling, I was on defender2.net for a while considering a deafener, spend a load of cash getting it dynamatted and installing halfway decent creature comforts and xenon upgrades (at vast expense) for the sake of the occasional foray to Morocco, it appeals in terms of being the daddy but really? A freelander can do almost everything an average person is likely to want to encounter.

27k is my budget, I'm 50 in 2 years time, I could spend that on a defender or a boat and be whining like mad about the problems, and the cost of upkeep. I do not want to buy into problems!

Bring on the sounds and the adventures.

Post #240049 4th Nov 2014 5:18 pm
ad210358

England 

If you want the prices to go down you will have to wait till Spring, they tend to creep up at this time of year. As for which model, get the best you can afford, but the better the spec, the better the trade in come five years.

Post #240061 4th Nov 2014 5:54 pm
Parsley

A few hundred pounds isn't going to matter that much, in the scheme of things, and cash is king. Whatever happens as soon as I complete my flat sale then I can negotiate, I am fairly crap at doing that but all I want is a smooth transaction and a good level of attention and after sales service, should there be any problems. Full approved used vehicle etc.

Peace of mind, otherwise I could save money and get one off the bay.

Post #240069 4th Nov 2014 6:08 pm
exbrat202

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

I remember my my wife's first Polo from new, the deal price was that it had to be registered before Dec 31st even though it would have the same 51 plate a day later but would have been a 2001 rather than a 2000, he wouldn't budge on that so it may be worthwhile hanging out for them to reach end of year sales figures even though it may not be new. MY14 TD4 manual XS Orkney grey.

MY11 TD4 Manual XS Lago Grey, privacy glass, rear spoiler, full ebony leather,rear seat entertainment. Gone
2001/51 plate Disco TD5 GS. Gone
95 N Disco TDi300. Gone

Post #240840 12th Nov 2014 9:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1