« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Injectors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Offshore1987

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Baltic Blue
Injectors

Well just taken all 4 injectors out and they look abit dirty lol, taking them to get checked and see whats going on with them. Tbh thought they would be cleaner than how they come out

Two of the copper washers didnt come out with the injectors so need to get them out at somepoint hmm

Daniel

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #236251 28th Sep 2014 6:30 pm
tim_roberts

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Santorini Black

I recently replaced the injector seals on my daughter-in-law's Focus, and bought the special Sealey tool VS2054 that removes the seals if they get stuck. All the seals came out with the injectors, so I didn't need it, so it's sitting here in its box if you want to borrow it or buy it.

Post #236292 29th Sep 2014 6:57 am
fredastaire

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Just an additional bit of info.
When removing and replacing injectors always scrupulously clean the outer diameters and give a good smear of copper grease. This will stop later rusting and seizing in place of the injector in the head.
Whilst logic would question water actually getting in there to cause corrosion, actual fact of experience does prove the point.
I spent many hours trying to get an injector out of a late BMW and made extractor tooling with air hammer and hydraulic cylinder.
We gave up and my mate sold the car.....
Kind regards from Fred 2010GS Auto ex Celeb, Santorini Black, 2011 facelift , spoiler, spats, mudflaps, LED footwell lamps, Witter detach,
Other cars:-
1958 & 1959 Austin J40 Pedal Cars under restoration (I make many J40 parts)
If you have an Austin J40 or Pathfinder Pedal Car looking for a new home pls PM me.
2009 Meriva

Post #236306 29th Sep 2014 10:57 am
Soul Fan

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana

Hi Fred,managed to change my glow plugs today,thanks to your excellent thread.
Many thanks Bow down Major savings Cool Thumbs Up Back in the fold after 8 yrs. V8 Disco 300 series-Gone.07 Freelander 2 HSE Auto Rimini Red.
Gone.
2013 HSE Lux Havana ( Brown! )

Post #236352 29th Sep 2014 7:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Offshore1987

Cheers for the offer Tim will give it ago with some long nose that should get the copper rings out Thumbs Up

Will do Fred, they come out as normal but when replacing will be putting some in to help, must say wasn't expecting so much rust, the pics are from after I rubbed them down with the rag so most of the crud is removed in the pics

Just waiting back from the injector place as to what needs doing or how many have problems ( we think that one was leaking ) but we thought one glow plug was not working and it turned out to be all 4 were dud Laughing

Will update when I hear something

Daniel Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #236425 30th Sep 2014 11:58 am
Offshore1987

Update

Had a call from my dad who has picked up the injectors and they are ( spot on ) They cleaned them and tested and all 4 are reading/testing as perfect, so unless the cleaning has sorted them out im at abit of loss still as to why the trucks been starting like crud Shocked Guess will have to wait for them to be refitted to see if its any better Thumbs Up

So far that's diagnostic test didn't bring up anything, 4 brand new glow plugs and new seals for intake manifold, 4 cleaned and tested injectors ( to be refitted and started )

Have checked the air filter which was fine ( wasn't long fitted in a service before I got the truck ) same with the fuel fitter also new on the service, all pipes and such have been checked, also no air in the lines

Will update once refitted and tested on a cold start

Daniel Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #236444 30th Sep 2014 4:33 pm
Offshore1987

Update

Well after a few cold starts the problem is still there Whistle

Picked up some EGR cleaner from Halfords earlier and sprayed that in and well on the drive after a lot of shoot/smoke come out so hopefully that cleaned something lol the guys in the van behind me at the lights were laughing as they could not see anything! Rolling with laughter

If I ever find the problem will be sure to say ( though doubtful ) Maybe getting the software updated is the only other thing to try

Cheers

Dan Freelander 57 plate XS Blue Auto

Post #236632 2nd Oct 2014 5:24 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Was there an update ? Shocked FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #303004 19th Jul 2016 9:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1