« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > "Loyalty service plan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
"Loyalty service plan

My local LR dealer has started offering multi-year service plans for all their customers, with 10 monthly interest free payments per year and including 15% off parts & 20% off labour on additional repairs, plus Complimentary M.O.T. test & Complimentary Seasonal Vehicle Health Check. Prices are fixed at outset for period of contract, as well as being transferrable to another vehicle or selling on, or refund of unused balance.

So for my FL2 SE Auto the monthly fee would be 」33.60 x 10, based on age & mileage of my vehicle. Sounds a good deal to me. Any thoughts? Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #231515 13th Aug 2014 1:07 am
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

It's a no brainer. Particularly if your upcoming service is a 2 or 3 year one, as they are expensive as a standalone price. Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #231517 13th Aug 2014 7:25 am
Iliacus

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

I enquired about a service plan when I changed my car in January as what was being offered with the new Evoque looked to be a good deal. I can't recall the price of what I was offered but it wasn't cheap so I didn't take it. I think it was the "official" LR plan.

Is your plan being offered on the dealear's own initiative? GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver
LONG GONE - '55 Norton Dominator 99 SS cafe racer

Post #231518 13th Aug 2014 8:02 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

does in theory sound a good deal, but they are hoping to boost their income by finding things that need replaced to pass their MOT,etc if you get my drift.

but no harm to try it and if you think you are being ripped off then just cancel.

Iain

Post #231526 13th Aug 2014 9:46 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i have a similar deal with Farnells, reduced cost over three years, and any services i don't use, say if i swap cars, can be refunded or put towards a new service plan on the new car.

I get a discount on parts too, but Farnells always do look after me in that department too

but spreading the cost, and a discount is always a winner,

MOT, i have extended warranty, so if the car fails, it will pick up the tab as i have MOT failure cover included Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #231528 13th Aug 2014 10:04 am
taztastic

England 

I have a service plan in place with Hunters in Preston, I paid for 6 services over 10 months, came in at 」1,750 all together.
The last service was transferred over to my new car and then I will be given an option to take out some more.
In the 80k miles Hunters never tried to add anything else on to the service, the car had a puncture repaired early in its life which they rang and said it would be an additional 」20, on collection they waived the fee. Never had anything but good service from them and worth every penny.

Post #231539 13th Aug 2014 12:14 pm
davep1

Re: "Loyalty service plan

Nick Jan wrote:
My local LR dealer has started offering multi-year service plans for all their customers, with 10 monthly interest free payments per year and including 15% off parts & 20% off labour on additional repairs, plus Complimentary M.O.T. test & Complimentary Seasonal Vehicle Health Check. Prices are fixed at outset for period of contract, as well as being transferrable to another vehicle or selling on, or refund of unused balance.

So for my FL2 SE Auto the monthly fee would be 」33.60 x 10, based on age & mileage of my vehicle. Sounds a good deal to me. Any thoughts?

That sounds a pretty good deal. Who is the dealer ??

Post #231543 13th Aug 2014 12:42 pm
Iliacus

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

Many years ago when I had a Vauxhall I was offered a service plan by a local dealer. It looked like a good deal but I didn't take it up. It then transpired that the dealer was having cash flow problems and was looking for a source of regular income. They subsequently went bust but I don't know what happened to those who had paid into the service plan.

The dealer was up and running again a few months later under a slightly different name. GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver
LONG GONE - '55 Norton Dominator 99 SS cafe racer

Post #231557 13th Aug 2014 2:53 pm
Nick Jan

dealer

Not sure if it's an LR offer or just dealer, which is Harwoods (in my case at Pulborough, West Sussex). I've been using them for 18yrs now with generally exemplary service! Razz Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #231582 14th Aug 2014 12:04 am
realspeed

United Kingdom 

I did a 2 year service plan with Stafford LR and it worked out a lot cheaper Ex 2010 Freelander2 GS-e Diesel manual Silver owner

Post #231597 14th Aug 2014 11:59 am
gingerlord

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Indus Silver

Iliacus wrote:
Many years ago when I had a Vauxhall I was offered a service plan by a local dealer. It looked like a good deal but I didn't take it up. It then transpired that the dealer was having cash flow problems and was looking for a source of regular income. They subsequently went bust but I don't know what happened to those who had paid into the service plan.

The dealer was up and running again a few months later under a slightly different name.

Had a similar experience with an official Renault dealership so skipped it when buying our FL because I lost hundreds of pounds last time.

It was also about 」60 a month for many years.

Post #231608 14th Aug 2014 3:44 pm
Nick Jan

Thx

Thx for all your comments. I'm now confident this is a good deal with a long established dealer I trust, so I plan to go ahead with a 3yr service plan @ 」33.60pm x 10 per yr. Razz Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #231724 15th Aug 2014 10:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1