Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What was your last car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
AlexG

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Volvo S60 D5 with the Sat Nav, TV and comms pack. Remember the days before Bluetooth was so common? State of the art in 2003 was having to remove the SIM card from the phone and put it into a little SIM card tray slotted the dashboard. The sound came out of a speaker built into the driver's headrest.

The seats made it a very comfortable ride, but the handling was like driving a barge. At the time I got it I thought it was the less brash alternative company car to a 3 series BMW. Having lived with one for 5 years I'd say the Volvo was a fairly annonymous car perfect for people who aren't all that interested in driving.

Post #21892 9th Jun 2008 4:33 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

AlexG wrote:
Volvo S60 D5 with the Sat Nav, TV and comms pack. Remember the days before Bluetooth was so common? State of the art in 2003 was having to remove the SIM card from the phone and put it into a little SIM card tray slotted the dashboard. The sound came out of a speaker built into the driver's headrest.

How often did you actually go to the trouble? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #21893 9th Jun 2008 4:36 pm
AlexG

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I used to mainly leave the SIM in the car. Somebody once told me I could have asked Orange to provide me with an extra SIM for the car, but I didn't bother to pursue the idea. Then when bluetooth became more popular and everybody started going around with blue flashing things in their ears like Uhura I switched to one of those. In the last 3 years I don't think I used it once. I did become a bit of a horder of bluetooth earpieces tho ... and now of course I don't need any of them.

Post #21896 9th Jun 2008 5:19 pm
Dougden

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Saab 93 Vector sport 150 - Great for 90,000 odd miles (end of warranty) then all hell breaks loose - 2 friends have had exactly the same with the water pump bearing going, the belt slips and bu*gers the top end.
Saab must know about this as they cut a deal to pay half the cost for the repairs on all 3 vehicles.

Oh and the dealers are cr*p. I tried 4 different and they were all the same. Censored FL2 TD4 XS Santorini

Post #21897 9th Jun 2008 5:21 pm
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

X-Trail Sport 2.2DCi 136 bhp -was better than my FL1 - though the styling was an 'acquired' taste. Like many others, it blew it's turbo, so never felt 100% happy with it afterwards. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #21899 9th Jun 2008 5:27 pm
Matei

Romania 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Dougden wrote:
Saab 93 Vector sport 150 - Great for 90,000 odd miles (end of warranty) then all hell breaks loose - 2 friends have had exactly the same with the water pump bearing going, the belt slips and bu*gers the top end.
Saab must know about this as they cut a deal to pay half the cost for the repairs on all 3 vehicles.

Oh and the dealers are cr*p. I tried 4 different and they were all the same. Censored

Seems that all cars have a taste to develope problems as soon as the warranty ends. Or is it that the dears just find it difficult to tackle warranty issueses with the manufacturer if the car is so close to end warranty ?
To be honest I have to admitt that a dealer's job is not so easy as he has to satisfy two completly different worlds - and he earns money from both worlds (maybe more from the manufacturer.
More often than not a dealer will be on the car manufacturer's part. Which is sad but as we choosed the FL2 we hopefully expect not so many problems.
Keep my fingers crossed FREELANDER 2 TD4 SE (XS UK) IZMIR BLUE SIDE STEPS COLD PACK BI-XENON TINTED WINDOWS - AND PROUD OF HER

Post #21902 9th Jun 2008 5:43 pm
Pheasantplucker57

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Sumatra Black

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0 TD Auto black. Great car, and had a covered footrest, with a 12v socket in the boot. Only a four speed auto as compared with the six in the Freelander. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 GS Auto black + privacy glass
Mercedes E220 CDI

Post #21907 9th Jun 2008 6:50 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

VW passat TDi sport.
130 bhp, great car.

Post #21908 9th Jun 2008 6:55 pm
Allan

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Jaguar X type 2.1 petrol sport estate. loved it, but wanted another freelander as soon as the FL2 came out, had two FL1s before the jag 2009 Grey HSE Auto
Gone;
2006 Black FL2 SE manual
2007 Silver FL2 GS commercial manual.

Post #21910 9th Jun 2008 7:05 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Mercedes C class coupe...Leather, full length glass roof, semi-automatic,silver....sad to see it go but at 6 years old and 90,000 miles it was starting to feel tired and I could forsee big bills around the corner!! Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #21912 9th Jun 2008 7:23 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

snappa wrote:
VW passat TDi sport.
130 bhp, great car.

That was probably the best VW engine, better than the 140bhp that took its place Thumbs Up
I got 110bhp Golf when the mk4 golf first came out, I got the first 3dr one to arrive in Harrogate and compared to all the diesel Censored I had driven before it was a rocket-ship Cool At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #21913 9th Jun 2008 7:26 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

Yeah it was quick through the gears, good top speed, and pretty frugal.
Used to return about 45 odd MPG regularly. Had to part with it sadly as it was 5 and a bit years old and nearly 100 thou on clock. It was running ok but getting to that 'new expensive bits going to be needed soon' stage.

Pretty sad when I left it at the garage, it was in great nick too. Big Cry

Post #21916 9th Jun 2008 8:09 pm
CY

Scotland 

AlexG wrote:
I used to mainly leave the SIM in the car. Somebody once told me I could have asked Orange to provide me with an extra SIM for the car, but I didn't bother to pursue the idea. Then when bluetooth became more popular and everybody started going around with blue flashing things in their ears like Uhura I switched to one of those. In the last 3 years I don't think I used it once. I did become a bit of a horder of bluetooth earpieces tho ... and now of course I don't need any of them.

We've still got that same SIM card system in our '05 V70. We've dedicated a SIM card to the car and leave it plugged in - it has its own number simply known by friends/family as the car's phone number though it's really just for external calls.

Like you we went for all the toys; Sat. Nav, built-in phone, digital TV, full leather, Dolby Digital sound system, 17" alloys etc... Combine it with the luxury of the comfortable interior (voted #1 most comfortable car in UK) and the performance of the turbo T5 engine (same engine used in the Focus ST - 0-60 in 6.4 secs) and it makes a pretty decent machine. Volvos have always retained the same sort of image/style so we plan on keeping it for a while, no no real need to change it. "CY from DISCO3"

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #21917 9th Jun 2008 8:12 pm
hon3009

United Kingdom 

last car BMW Z4 and lost a fortune on it!!

Post #21919 9th Jun 2008 8:52 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

shar wrote:
Ford Galaxy ....... had it for 6 months Exclamation enough said

was that the new shaped Galaxy Shar,

No good then? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #21921 9th Jun 2008 8:57 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 13 <123 ... 111213>