« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > New Leather Seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
landygeezer

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black
New Leather Seats

Just had my old blue 'weave' and leather trimmed seats recovered in all new leather - oh that new leather smell, I could just sit in the car all day. Had them done at The Seat Surgeon near York and what a great job they have done. I have added some pics though they are not that good unfortunately - will try to get some better ones later. Had all the door cards recovered as well in black leather with red stitching to match.
I have also bought a cheap second hand FL2 steering wheel which they are recovering in perforated Nappa leather again with red stitching - should look the dooda's whatsits!! Very Happy
If anyone's interested I now have a full set of seat covers (no door cards) - black leather trim with blue cloth panels in very good nick available - my 2007 FL2 has only done 38000. 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE in Sumatra Black. 38,000 miles. Have put on 19" Evoque Style 4 Sparkle Silver wheels with 35 x 55 Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. Added fog light surrounds, stainless tailgate protectors and high level spoiler. New leather seat covers and chrome door handle covers; Dipped trim with dark wood effect; Re trimmed steering wheel to match seats (black with red stitching); Updated rear light units: Black painted front grill and rear door handle/light unit.

Post #216578 11th Feb 2014 5:24 pm
taztastic

England 

I'd be interested in ball park figures Thumbs Up

Post #216602 11th Feb 2014 8:16 pm
Terrible1

England 2011 Freelander 2 eD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Had mine done by them. Looking at around a grand depending on type of leatther and amount of stitching.

Post #216608 11th Feb 2014 9:01 pm
big-al-cove

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Fuji White

taztastic wrote:
I'd be interested in ball park figures Thumbs Up

both balls will be needed Rolling with laughter

sorry could not resist 1995 P38 now dead
2012 FL2 GS Fuji White
winter pack
arm rest pack

Post #216609 11th Feb 2014 9:07 pm
landygeezer

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

Terrible1 is spot on - the cost is around 1K, with the actual cost very much dependant on the type of leather used, stitching patterns, number of panels etc. Nappa is the best but you pay a high price for it. The new leather and extra padding (used because the diamond pattern is made by stitching perforated leather through the holes into a backing) has made the seats really supportive and firm again. 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE in Sumatra Black. 38,000 miles. Have put on 19" Evoque Style 4 Sparkle Silver wheels with 35 x 55 Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres. Added fog light surrounds, stainless tailgate protectors and high level spoiler. New leather seat covers and chrome door handle covers; Dipped trim with dark wood effect; Re trimmed steering wheel to match seats (black with red stitching); Updated rear light units: Black painted front grill and rear door handle/light unit.

Post #216630 11th Feb 2014 11:08 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1