« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Freelander Dynamic

What are your thoughts on the Freelander Dynamic?

I have my eye on a January 2013 model Dynamic SD4 in silver with Black and Ebony Leather, cold climate pack and bitch glass.

I know I'll lose a few toys from the HSE, but then again I'll gain quite a bit!

Opinions? Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #205066 29th Oct 2013 7:41 pm
taztastic

England 

I much prefer the look of the dynamic over the HSE, Silver ones look very good too, although I would say that.
Much more youthful car and if it has a sunroof then there isn't much you would need to add or couldn't be added.

Post #205091 29th Oct 2013 9:23 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Re: Freelander Dynamic

Mav

I was actually holding on for the Freelander 3 2015 BUT I seen the Dynamic on the Land Rover website and it totally tranforms the car! I have now placed an order for an MY14. Thing I like about the Dynamic is the option to have the split choice colour for the leather option Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #205098 29th Oct 2013 9:49 pm
heatha05

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

I've had a Dynamic for almost a year now, and I've had countless people compliment me on my car, something that never happened when I had a Rimini red XS. The ride on the 19" wheels is a little stiffer, and I'm worried they might affect the cars performance when it snows, but otherwise I love it! Fuji White MY13 SD4 Dynamic
gone: Rimini Red MY10 td4_e XS

Post #205101 29th Oct 2013 10:12 pm
LR NUT

One thing Ive noticed about all the Dynamics Ive seen (new in the showroom) is the front and rear bumper bibs have visible but equal gaps. I would have thought the fit of the body kit could have been a bit better/more flush. How is your bodykit holding up a year on ? MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #205103 29th Oct 2013 10:25 pm
heatha05

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

No change in the gaps... Just as slightly unsatisfactory as on day one, i never complained, because, as you rightly point out - they all look the same! Fuji White MY13 SD4 Dynamic
gone: Rimini Red MY10 td4_e XS

Post #205106 29th Oct 2013 10:35 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

I was always getting admiring glances in my first FL2 but that was because it was a Rimini Red with the bodykit fitted. In my eyes it totally transformed the car and made it look amazing. Even a work colleague who had a RRS prefered the look of the FL2 with bodykit over theirs. I dont get the admiring glances in my current FL2 as that has no bodykit (was not available on the MY11 as an accessory)

Two tone seats look great, I always liked the look of them in the XC60 and even Audi are doing it in the Q5. No two tone options on the X3 but have opted for the oyster leather which contrast with the brushed aluminium trim and black dash / carpets beautifully.

Cant wait for the X3 (just under 5 months to go) Big Cry Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #205108 29th Oct 2013 10:39 pm
LR NUT

Would have thought it would be a better finish from factory! Makes me wonder if the extra bibs are put on by hand or machine! One thing I would never do is fit a kit afterwards as the gaps would most likely be worse! Can you tell me where the USB port to charge you iphone is as I never noticed when at the dealers ? Glad the kits still fine good choice in the colour Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #205109 29th Oct 2013 10:42 pm
j77

Scotland 

The USB port is in the storage area between the front seats.

Not a big fan of body kits on LRs, although the new one is slightly better than the horrid sticky back plastic blue peter effort on the HST. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #205112 29th Oct 2013 10:56 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Sorry I don't like the Dynamic and the approach and departure angles reduce off road capability a bit.

Post #205116 29th Oct 2013 11:06 pm
chrisdeeming

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black

I'd keep yours mate there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm aware, I wouldn't want to get into debt for a nearly new car and then it will be in the stealers in a few weeks, at least you know your car and you can add a dynamic kit if you really wanted to When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

Post #205132 30th Oct 2013 8:14 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Forgot to mention how shocked I was when the dealer told me that my first FL2 had just arrived but I couldnt have it for a week until they had 'stuck' on the bodykit and sawn out the front grille to 'stick in' the mesh one. I would have expected it to have at least been fitted at the factory. One year later the mesh grille had worked loose and I got a chance to see what an awful job they had made of hacksawing the old grille off. Very amatuerish - are the dynamic kits still fitted in the same 'plastic peg and 3M tape' way?? Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #205135 30th Oct 2013 10:00 am
Mav71

The front spoiler on the Dynamic is clipped in to the bumper. Lessons learned from the HST kit I think! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #205172 30th Oct 2013 6:05 pm
Mav71

chrisdeeming wrote:
I'd keep yours mate there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm aware, I wouldn't want to get into debt for a nearly new car and then it will be in the stealers in a few weeks, at least you know your car and you can add a dynamic kit if you really wanted to

I know what you mean. We still love our car but I fancy a change after 6 1/2 years with it, and the main factor is that we both want to go for an automatic.

The car will be bought and paid for, so I haven't got any debt to worry about.

I should find out tomorrow if my offer has been accepted on the new car.

It will be strange having both Freelanders at home for a while! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #205174 30th Oct 2013 6:07 pm
Sparepart

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

Noticed slight gap above front skirt off side and you know what it's like once you notice something. No argument from dealer, going into bodyshop for fixing. That aside I think a Dynamic with black grill and vents against Orkney Grey does look rather good. Had a few nice compliments and I've never had that before! Each to their own though.

Post #205246 30th Oct 2013 9:51 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>