Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > And you thought we had problems!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
768will

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue
And you thought we had problems!!

Just been looking through the Nissan X-Trail forum (don't ask why). Their problems echo most of ours plus many more, there is even a link to our forum ref 2SO. Dpf seems to be a big topic(no surprise) as well as poor main dealer experience. Price of spares is high, dealer cost of glowplugs = £40 each.
One annoying thing they do have is adverts within the pages, ironically there is one advertising for 'Engineers & Skilled Trades' required at the Engine Manufacture Centre, Wolverhampton/Coventry by Jaguar-LandRover. 11 GS Bali Blue
07 GS FL2. Usually muddy. Gone
Numerous LRs since 1963

Post #204190 22nd Oct 2013 1:49 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

To be fair, you will find that EVERY car will have issues and forums are used to find out cures for these issues from other peoples experience.

I have honestly found, that there are less issues on the Freelander 2 than most other cars.

But DPF's are a crap design and will always cause issues, no matter what car it is on.

That's one of the reasons I have kept our car, as it hasn't got one. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #204296 23rd Oct 2013 9:18 am
DonkUK

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Agree with what Mav71 said really, the BMW / Audi / Merc forums and others are full of drama of one sort or another, its the nature of forums to some extent. Cars are also getting more complex every year thus there is more chance of failures before the anticipated MTBF of components. Also enthusiasts can by nature be critical when some things don't work as 100% expected whereas an average owner may not notice if that makes sense.

Ironically the X trail was supposed to have good reliability with turbos causing issues on early cars and brake calipers seizing on the rest as the main problems, with DPF issues ofc.

Post #204321 23rd Oct 2013 1:18 pm
s14tra

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

must be the luck of the draw,my previous vehicle was an x-trail and i had 7yrs trouble free motoring,only upgraded to a freelander as i brought a bigger caravan since then i have had nothing but problems,i suspect it is down to how you treat/look after your vehicle.still like my freelander though Rolling Eyes as said luck of the draw. Cool

Post #204330 23rd Oct 2013 2:56 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

I have a 12 plate Audi and the reliability has been shocking. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #204344 23rd Oct 2013 6:35 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1