« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Admiral insurance bad experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue
Admiral insurance bad experience

We have had numerous issues with Admiral insurance , normally incorrect details when reading the insurance details.
I strongly believe its due to the calls going through to call centres abroad.
We use a multicar policy as we have 4 cars, but without boring you with all the details my daughter recently changed her car and wanted to changed the policy details for the new car and I was with her when she made the call, details very clearly given and she re-iterated that she was only cancelling her old car and adding a new one and listed the reg numbers of the cars that still should remained insured.
Hey presto when the new policy arrived the insurance started for all the cars starting from her new car delivery date meaning that all the cars were uninsured !!!!!!! ( after numerous calls they did confirm an error but assure us they would of covered us !) very unprofessional
A few weeks later I changed the FR2 and it took 29 mins to get the new one insured and so concerned that the women on the other end had not taken the correct details that I sent all the info in an e-mail with a request it was checked !
Guess what most of my details were incorrect ! And vital information missed ! All due to the language barrier !
This took numerous calls to sort ! And compensation was paid for 3long duration tel calls !

So concerned we moved to another multi car company where all the calls have been in England and extremely helpful and accurate.
Once we moved over we required proof of NCD from Admiral ! This has taken nearly three weeks and on numerous occasions they have sent totally wrong info about proof of NCD . We h ave had wrong information and inaccurate information Sefton three further occasions !
So be warned, check all your policy details , even if you have cover for commuting to and from work as we requested this every year and every year it was missed ! NCD was always incorrect and vehicle details were always incorrect ! Jaguar x-type sport gone
Jaguar x-type 2.2d sport one of my best cars ever sadly gone
Freelander 2 GS auto 2008 most unreliable ever ! gladly gone
Freelander 2 GS manual 2013 only time will tell !

Post #202876 13th Oct 2013 12:34 pm
Loch Lomond Landy

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I'm ditching Admiral on the 21st October after similar experience to yourself. Changing vehicles on the multi policy was a bit of a nightmare and always incurred additional charges. I was never confident on the telephone to them.

This years renewal went up to 」499 so I've went to Halifax with a lower excess of 」100, protected no claims, legal cover and added business use for 」330 all in. Only loss is the ability to drive other vehicles with the owners consent on a third party basis.

Post #202881 13th Oct 2013 1:20 pm
DrRpb

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

I ditched them for Hastings. Saved lots and better phone conversations! * GONE. GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* GONE.2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Rocket ship. 33mpg.
* Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975 Smile

Post #202941 13th Oct 2013 6:57 pm
robbyvrs

England 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I'm with Esure and have been for a number of years - i change cars regularly (3 months on average) and sometimes have to pay for the "admin" which is around 」26.
I only have a month left to run on this years policy and when i phoned to change to my FL yesterday i was charged 」56 Shocked online quotes were comming in at 」400 for a year so this amount for a onth was a shock.

Don't think i'll be renewing with them next month

Post #202950 13th Oct 2013 7:48 pm
freedieselauto

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Rimini Red

I am with Admiral and have had a good experience with a small claim. I ring in the evening when they use a Canadian call centre which I find much better than the Asian one they use in the morning. - 2007(57) XS Auto, Rimini Red, Alpaca Leather.
- GCS Hawke - Sports, BRG, Vulcan 2.1 inj'. My toy - built it myself in 2001.

Post #203151 15th Oct 2013 10:15 am
DaveBee

United Kingdom 

Wow, I wonder what time of day I've been calling them then? I have only ever spoken to people who speak English perfectly (well, at least as good as I do) and they have never let me down on any change of details, change of car or even my recent cancellation... when I received my proof of no claims within 3 days as they promised. In my experience they're an excellent company that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or use again... and no, I don't work for them and unfortunately I'm not on commission either.

Post #203161 15th Oct 2013 11:43 am
WizzardPrang

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

My daughters had a multicar policy with them, had no problems when Daughter.1 left because she got free insurance with her new car. Always found their CS OK, always Welsh accents when I've spoken to them. Thumbs Up 2020 Defender D200 110S Pangea Green
Gone: 2018 L550, TD4 SE Tech Auto, Carpathian Grey
Gone: Defender 90 200Tdi, Grey Raptor
Gone: 2012 FL2, TD4 GS Manual, Santorini Black

Post #203164 15th Oct 2013 12:05 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

I joined Admiral last month, from Privilege. Notwithstanding the fact that they 53% cheaper on a like-for-like Policy, I found them pleasant and efficient to deal with from the off. No complaints from me.... Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #203174 15th Oct 2013 1:15 pm
andycwb

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

Phone them yesterday to sort out new insurance, all went smoothly. Never had a problem, though we did find we had to hassle their claims people to keep things moving after a shunt a while ago.

They are cheapest most of the time and don't usually take the pee on renewal quotes either.

2 cars on multi-car policy is a very good deal for us.

Post #203195 15th Oct 2013 4:58 pm
Steveraspberry

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana

We too use Admiral on a multicar policy. I can empathise with the OPs experiences and difficulties when dealing with the overseas call centres. I now just choose my time carefully so that I only deal with the Welsh call centre and they have always proved to be extremely professional and accurate. Also I find the facility of being able to view my insurance details and certificates online very helpful and easy to spot any problems. Just my humble opinion but a big thumbs up from me. MY13 Freelander 2 HSE Lux Santorini Black
MY13 D4 HSE in Nara Bronze
MY08 G4 D3 Original in Tangiers Orange of course!
Big Alsation called Abbs

Post #203303 16th Oct 2013 10:00 am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

I was paying 」39 per month with Sainsbury's for my Fiesta and they were very good and UK based but only brought the renewal price down to 」34.

I am now with RAC at just 」19 per month. I am 29 with 5 years protected NCB, legal cover, lost key cover, 」250 vol excess. They are UK based and easy to deal with Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #203347 16th Oct 2013 4:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1