« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Skin flints!,,,
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
Skin flints!,,,

I've been out in the dark,...prob first time,since I've had it,....open the glove box,,..and no light,..my my11 gs had one,...I known ive got no sun visor light in this one,,.and can live with that,but to not put a 50 p bulb in a £28000 car is beyond me!,,........ Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil ,... Shocked as the glove box is dark,,even with the interior roof light on,... Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #199860 18th Sep 2013 8:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrisr1806

England 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Sounds like LR are really cutting back. As others have mentioned, they have almost ruined the spec of the GS! Yes, you get leather and LED lights, but you lose Auto lights and other nice features. They should have kept the nice half leather seats that were in the XS and put them in the GS, and kept some of the nice features such as auto lights etc. IMO.

Post #199863 18th Sep 2013 8:43 pm
gilfishman

I will look in the morning when it's light to see if there's anything there,,,as my last two gs 59 reg and 61 reg had everything there for foot lights,,just bought a pair of led and popped them in ,simples... Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Post #199865 18th Sep 2013 8:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Does it have a pen holder Question You could always buy a pen torch Whistle

But have to agree, it's bad in a car of that value, I wonder what the gave you buy deleting the option Wink Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #199866 18th Sep 2013 8:48 pm
gilfishman

Ha,,ha,,,it would have to be a thin torch,,,,, Rolling with laughter ,...maybe it could be a idea for a factory fit option ,,..slim line glove box portable torch,,with landrover logo,£120 extra Rolling with laughter Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Post #199868 18th Sep 2013 8:51 pm
WarriorBez

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

How rediculous not putting a light in the glovebox! On an old BMW of mine 10 years ago I had a light and a removable rechargeable pocket torch in there! Bizarre Rolling Eyes Black FL2
L200 Warrior

Post #199871 18th Sep 2013 9:28 pm
Jimski

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I've got one, I'd suggest they have forget to put a bulb in!! Or it's bust Censored 2013 FL2 - Black Edition Auto
2013 FL2 - Black Edition Manual GONE!
Founder of the 'Microscopic LR Spoiler Badge Club'
Destroyer of chrome rears.....

Post #199876 18th Sep 2013 9:39 pm
gilfishman

I have a good look in morning,,,hope ur right jim ski,.. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Post #199877 18th Sep 2013 9:44 pm
Barton Freelander

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Lago Grey

There was one in a new GS i had as a loan car last saturday. Confused Freelander2 GS TD4 Manual in Lago Grey Smile .Roof Mount DVD 9.2''Screen~Window Tints~Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth~Retro Fit Sony Satnav~iPhone Dashmount~Side Steps~Woodco Armrest~Mudflaps~Land Rover Sunglass Holder~LED Interior Lights~Private Plate.Evoque Collected 17th Sept 2012.

Also Audi TT Roadster.Smile

Post #199878 18th Sep 2013 9:45 pm
gilfishman

Couldn't let it lie,...been out there,...it's there Embarassed Embarassed ...but not working,,pain to remove bulb so I do it in morning,... Thumbs Up Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Post #199882 18th Sep 2013 9:51 pm
philip66

England 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

The GS is really a v good car and there is a considerable difference in the old and new GS ( I have had both). Its easy to focus on the things that have been taken off but I didn't use half the stuff, however the heated seats and fantastic instrumentation gives it an upmarket luxury feel. I did have the power washers added as an extra but the rest is standard on my MY13. As for the sub woofer... the sound system is impressive and there's plenty of base. I like the stop start and I've got used to the electronic handbrake. I'm over 50 but you really have to move with the times and recognise that Land Rover can't cater for every single customers exact wishes. There's some great discounts to be had ( I got a v big disc of the list) and I wouldn't bother with the black and white specials.. stick with the smart money choice and buy the good old GS!! Very Happy

Just checked and I've got a very bright glove box light... check the switch unit ( sticking up pointy bit that recesses when closed) Freelander2 MY2013 manual GS Fuji white. Fog lights and power washers. Previous car Freel 2 GS 57 plate in Stornaway grey(faultless in 5.5years of driving).

Post #199888 18th Sep 2013 9:58 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1