Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What happened to the LR3 ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 1st Dec 2012 8:45 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #138762 5th Apr 2012 1:43 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

dunroof wrote:
I've been saying for a while we will be witnessing the death thows of the FL2 very soon.

Me too, but nobody on here except us believes it yet - what a shock they will get Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #138764 5th Apr 2012 1:49 pm
athelstan

You've posted
They've read - so
Shocked - no
Ignored - yes

Such is the ignoble want of the proletariat.

Post #138770 5th Apr 2012 2:57 pm
AndyC

Thud 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #138785 5th Apr 2012 6:47 pm
s7gpt

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

agree andy, evoque will be my next 'freelander' freelander 2 SE black and beige - now sold

Post #138787 5th Apr 2012 7:25 pm
AndyC

s7gpt wrote:
agree andy, evoque will be my next 'freelander'

I would if I could as well, but I cant, so I wont be able too unfortunatly - but if the price was right (here) or I won the lottery I certainly would as well. Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #138857 6th Apr 2012 3:46 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

AndyC wrote:
Zajcol wrote:
LR 2.1
LR2.1/Freelander3 = RIP Shocked

There will never be another Freelander or LR2 as it has been already superseded by the Evoque Thumbs Up .
Oh they may tart up our old Freely a bit more before it is buried for good, but a dying breed it is and I give it maximum 3 more years before it is axed & gone for good Crying or Very sad

Evoque has not superseded the Freelander, it's a different product aimed at different markets.

Freelander 2 is here for a few years yet. Even with the changes this year should keep it fresh for a few years yet. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #139154 9th Apr 2012 11:48 am
jutrem

Canada 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tonga Green

The next revision (> 2013) LR2 would be called still be called LR2 (e.g. 2016 LR2 and 2016 Freelander 4), not LR3. The moved the LR3 to LR4 for another reason not because of the Disco 3 to 4 change. The names LR2,LR3,LR4 are going to be replaced in a few years, since Land Rover wants global naming system.

My personal preference is that Land Rover use alphanumeric naming worldwide instead of bringing back the Disco and Freelander names (with the associated bad reputations) back to North America. Instead may expand it to 5 characters (LR2 to LR220 like BMW or MB). Remember the original Series 1,2, and Defender 90, 110. I had a Freelander 1 and always thought "Freelander" was a bad name, "Discovery" was too long, "Evoque" is questionable, and "Venturer" shouldn't even be considered, let Vauxhall (GM) keep it. None of these names have worldwide appeal or sound confident and reliable.

[quote="athelstan" ...
Now that presents a problem with the Freelander numbering system in the States as it is currently a LR2 - so logically it cannot go on to be a LR3 aka FL3 here in the UK and other markets.

Hence one probable reason why LR are said to looking at other names for the "new" larger model to replace the Freelander. The name "Ventura" has been banded about in some quarters, but, as far as I am aware that name is still held by Vauxhall (GM) which would mean that LR would have to buy it to use it.[/quote]

Post #139216 9th Apr 2012 7:07 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Mav71 wrote:
[
Evoque has not superseded the Freelander, it's a different product aimed at different markets.

Freelander 2 is here for a few years yet. Even with the changes this year should keep it fresh for a few years yet.

Agreed. The Freelander is completely different and (for me) is a more affordable, more compact, alternative to a Disco 4. The Evoque is so much flasher and (while completely useless for me) has found a ready market where style is vital and practicality is secondary. That's not meant to be sarcastic, it's a bloody good car for what it's meant to be; it's just not a Freelander.

Post #139228 9th Apr 2012 8:17 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

The FL3 wont be much different to look at than the current model - it doesnt need to!!!!!

Look at the Disco, that arrived back in 2003/04? In 9 years it has more or less stayed the same externally with just a few cosmetic tweaks, inside its had tweaks through the years. The RRS arrived in 2005 and thats not changed much either, even the FFRR from 2002 is only just going under the knife. The defender is soon to be all change but the current one has been around for about 300 years Whistle

Post #139247 9th Apr 2012 11:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12