« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > 1st 100 miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kelley07

Wales 
1st 100 miles

Hi - As i posted in a previous thread i was changing from my 2007 Range rover sport to a FL2 - I have had the FL2 for 2 days and done 100 miles - My 1st impression is that i prefer the FL2. My wife and children say that the FL2 is a lot comfier than our old range rover. Most of my driving is done around town and short trips. When i decided to go for a FL2 i thought it was a backward step - If i had realised how well they drive - I would have changed last year. Looking forward to reading and having discussions on this forum - Cheers all. Thumbs Up

Post #138786 5th Apr 2012 7:24 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Nice to read an unbiased report rather than the one sided view of a certain chicken farmer Whistle

Welcolme to the forum Kelley Thumbs Up Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #138790 5th Apr 2012 7:34 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

He's busy on the Caravan Club website, arranging his next years holiday I gather, but I'm sure he'll be along in a minute when he's finished polishing his Abbey Spectrum 535 Wink

Really glad to hear that you're happy with your choice and welcome to the site.

Tigger.

Post #138798 5th Apr 2012 8:19 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Welcome to the forum...

Interesting you should think your freel is better than the RRS ... As some one who is considering a sport for our next car it would be good to get subjective view from someone who has lived with both!

Personally I love the freel but always feel its a bit like having a Porsche boxter... You always wish you got a 911! The only problem is, I want a d4 and mrs worm wants a RRS. I feel an fl3 coming along though!!

So all thing being equal what's good and what's bad about the fl compared to the sport? And be honest, I know its difficult to slate your new car and you are probably still coming to terms with dropping your RRS Whistle Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #138822 5th Apr 2012 11:19 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

ah now you see, he had a 2007 model, the 09 is of course the one to have Whistle .

in truth is it better than an fl2? yes by much ? no. half the bonus for me is the auto and as I have never driven a auto fl2 I cannot judge.

buts its a bigger car with more space and a bigger boot, very useful for my family at present , oh and its a V6 Very Happy , I always said Id own a bigger engined car atleast once before fuel prices go wild ( a bit late then Rolling Eyes ) At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #138823 5th Apr 2012 11:33 pm
Kelley07

Wales 

Hi - As i mentioned in my 1st post that most of my driving is done around town and on short trips. The FL is a more suitable car for myself - ( I only do about 5000mls a year) I cant fault the RRS in any way. If i was doing a lot more mileage on motorways - Then i would have kept my RRS ( You dont drive a RRS - You just sit in it and it drives itself - pure luxury). I will miss strangers coming on to me and complementing about how nice the RRS is.
For someone who is thinking of buying a RRS - Buy one and you wont regret it. Thumbs Up
I have had nissan Xtrails and terranos before buying my RRS. I had my RRS for 2yrs and every day i drove it - It give me the feeling of driving a new car - Even though it was a 2007 HSE model.
At the moment i do prefer the FL ( But it is my 1st new car - 2012 XS model) Who knows - In the future i may want to change it and would buy another RRS)
The only bad points about the RRS is the 16mpg , high tax and insurance.
Cheers All.

Post #138832 6th Apr 2012 9:42 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Ah but youve only done 100 miles so not very far, our friends in the US do that just backing out of their garage!

Post #139482 12th Apr 2012 4:24 pm
rjc1944

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

And we do it just to reach a motorway Mr. Green Ours - 2008 Stornoway Grey HSE Auto
Tricia's - 2006 Royal Blue Beetle Cabriolet Auto
Mine - 2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super Sport Matt Black
Ours - 2007 White Bailey Pageant Champagne

Post #139483 12th Apr 2012 4:30 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

After driving a V8 RRS sport for a couple of hours I wanted one Thumbs Up but if i was the rear seat passenger with a two hour drive I'd take the Freelander 2 any day, the more I see of the Freelander 2 the more it impresses me I borrowed it from my Mrs the other day and comfortably brought home 2 6"x 6" x 8' gateposts, couldn't have done that in the defender 90! 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #139484 12th Apr 2012 4:50 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1