Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

dunkley201 wrote:
Thumbs Up

eh? Confused ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #138023 28th Mar 2012 9:16 pm
piattj

ah! 'if it works, don't fix it' is a signature... ah Thumbs Up now makes sense. sorry... thanks ...

Post #138024 28th Mar 2012 9:18 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Thumbs Up meant that I agree with your comments! 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #138025 28th Mar 2012 9:18 pm
piattj

got it... ta. Thumbs Up ...

Post #138027 28th Mar 2012 9:42 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Made it home avoiding one camera van on a bridge.... and no envelope in the post as yet, 33.3 mpg overall on about 1100 miles of mainly motorway driving. A few empty petrol stations (what mumpties this govt are, to create a crisis out of nothing....) Highly recommend Tebay services on the M6 for their food and farm shop. Odd weather for time of year, I have a suntan..... Last year there was snow! Next trip in 2 weeks to mid Wales to fish the River Wye for trout and grayling..... JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #138482 3rd Apr 2012 12:13 am
snowy22255

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I think you were actually caught by a camera van from Dumfries and Galloway Police who seem to have at least one van on the M74 at some time on most days of the week whereas for the same road Strathclyde Police seem to prefer hand held cameras from behind Traffic cars on the raised roadside observation points. I hate to ruin your day, but I think it could be up to 3 weeks before you get the dreaded letter.

Post #138499 3rd Apr 2012 2:09 pm
IanH

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Assuming the car is registered at your home address, it has to be 14 days to be delivered, but it's worth waiting 15 days before considering yourself in the clear.

Post #138502 3rd Apr 2012 2:27 pm
julytourist

Thanks, I think it will be Dumfries and Galloway..... Lovely road the M74, sweeping through the Hills and valleys....... easy to get carried away with the speed when its empty. A bit different to the M6 near Preston which was manic on a late Friday afternoon and the middle lane was a lot safer than lane 3, full of tailgating manics and an accident waiting to happen..... JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #138503 3rd Apr 2012 3:44 pm
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yes, Notice of intended prosecution has to delivered within 14 days inclusive to the registered keepers address.

Most courts (scotland) take proof of posting as proof it was delivered ?

Post #138504 3rd Apr 2012 3:46 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Yes JT all very interesting but did you catch - noticed Murthly2 had a couple of fish during your week.

Cheers

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #138535 3rd Apr 2012 7:19 pm
julytourist

Tenet, I have mentioned it twice already so a third time will be boasting.....Look away now non fishers!
Murthly1 does not report on Fishpal (not sure why, down to the ghillie) I had a nice springer on a 40gm toby on Monday afternoon, ghillie gave it 14lb from the photo. Nothing else caught except for a small and suicidal brown on thurs pm. Not many fish seen, bright and sunny all week. Water level low but good height for the beat. I fished mainly the fly but some pools are very deep and need the toby. Tried a Rio AFS 10/11 for the first time on my 15ft Loop Classic and it worked well. Off to the Wye for trout in 10 days........ Tight lines, JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.

Post #138610 4th Apr 2012 1:10 pm
piattj

presumably there's a translation available... Confused ...

Post #138632 4th Apr 2012 4:55 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

That's just jibberish! Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #138650 4th Apr 2012 6:26 pm
julytourist

Gibberish? You might think a Captain Worm would know a bit about fishing.....
A translation of my previous post with apologies to any fishers here who know better....
Murthley 1 is a salmon fishing beat on the River Tay, near Dunkeld, Scotland. There is also Murthey 2, both are on the Murthley Castle estate which also does weddings, deer stalking and a wide range of game shooting.
Fishpal is an online booking agency for fishing and many beats report catches each day so anyone can see how a beat is catching
A springer is a fresh run spring salmon, highly prized and protected on most rivers so they must be returned safely to the river and hopefully breed more springers.
A Ghillie is employed by the beat owner to advise fishers where to fish and how. They also maintain the banks, row/drive a boat for the fisher to cast from if appropriate. They are often stereotyped as old, grumpy and ‘fond of a dram or two’. Not all are so....
A toby is a type of spinning lure, fished with a spinning rod. Spinners are more effective than a salmon fly in taking fish from deep pools or when the river level is high. As catching on the fly is more difficult, a fly caught fish is rated higher.
‘Bright and sunny’ conditions make fishing more difficult. Salmon do not have eyelids so are more likely to stay deep in the water and disinterested in taking a fly or lure.
Water level is the height of water in the river. A rise in level encourages the salmon to move up river, a fish fresh into the beat is more likely to take than one which has been hanging around for a while waiting to move on
Salmon flies generally look nothing like a fly.....There are thousands of patterns and sizes, which fly to choose depends on many variables. Desperation is one of them....
A Rio AFS is a type of fly line called a shooting head made by a US firm called Rio. It is available in a range of sizes to match the size of rod being used. 10/11 is a heavy line suitable for my 15ft long rods made by a Swedish firm called Loop. I also have an 8/9 AFS which suits my 13ft Loop rod
These rods are ‘double handled’ designed for a type of casting called Spey. Spey casting enables a change of direction during the cast and uses the tension of the water on the line to bend the rod and power the cast. There are several types of Spey cast but they all allow you to cast without extending the line behind you, handy if you have high banks or trees behind you. The name comes from the River Spey in Scotland where the cast was invented.
If you want to see some fancy Spey casting have a look at Eoin Fairgrieve, he taught me a long time ago, but he is on a different level...
And &NR=1
Sadly Loop had financial problems and disbanded their experts. Eoin now punts Hardy products....
If you are still reading this and looking for a mention of a Freelander 2, well it does make short work of rough tracks leading to fishing, you might also have learnt something new about salmon fishing, a very enjoyable, if expensive and at times frustrating pastime.... JT (who has caught 3 fresh salmon in 10 years of trying, did I say frustrating....)
Edit: Scott Mackenzie is pretty good too... &feature=related Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.

Last edited by julytourist on 4th Apr 2012 11:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #138698 4th Apr 2012 11:23 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

... Nope - still don't get it Laughing Whistle Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #138700 4th Apr 2012 11:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>