Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Where is the Fuel Sedimentor?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
12g

New Zealand 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Indus Silver
Where is the Fuel Sedimentor?

Hello
I have paid for the last service at the LandRover dealership they are just a rip-off, it’s now time to start my own servicing as next service the Freelander 2 will be out of warranty.
List of costs to service the Freelander 2 in New Zealand:
Hourly rate $121.00 per hr
Oil $22.50 litre
Oil filter $36.65
Sump washer $9.25
Fuel filter $125.00
Air filter $61.20
Pollen filter $53.50
In New Zealand we have to service our Freelander twice a year, service A and service B this is just crazy.
I have found the forum extremely knowledgeable on all the points to do your own service, but on the New Zealand maintenance check sheet we have to “drain fuel sedimentor” and I have been unable to find out any information about this. Can someone please explain what this is and where it can be found on the Freelander? I know this will be pointing me in the face, probably something to do with the fuel filter.
Now just one other question, this is in regards to the engine cover. Do you need to take off the plastic pipe work that looks a bit like a short 4 barrelled shotgun?
This is a great forum, can I thank all the people that have replied to other peoples questions!!!

Cheers
Peter 1959 Ford Fairlane Galaxie V8 2 door Hardtop
2014 Freelander 2 SD4
2019 Volvo XC40 T5
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1

Post #137665 26th Mar 2012 3:28 am
alex_pescaru

The "fuel sedimentor" is in the fuel filter.
You need to get to the fuel filter, by removing the engine cover, and you'll see on top of the filter a hex (inbus) platic bolt. Unscrew it a few turns and the gently pull it up. Take care that you just need to lift it a few millimeters. The water and sediments will start to flow from the bottom of the filter, exactly from the oposite side of the hex bolt. Be prepared to catch the flow.
Watch this post for reference (it's in Romanian, but google translate makes wonders, and the pictures are self explanatory) : http://www.freel2.com/forum/post96117.html#96117

And no, for top engine cover, you don't need to remove the tube.
If you are doing the full service and remove/change the air filter too, then the top of the air filter, together with that tube you mentioned about, can be lifted high enough in order to remove the top cover.

Post #137676 26th Mar 2012 8:21 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1