Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > The whining power steering pump problem - Best Approach
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Fair point BUT, 33% is not a great saving when you take into account the labour charge and the price of the parts "depending on where you purchase them from" There seems to be a big difference on price between dealers.
One further point, by the tine the whine starts a lot of damage has already been done as a lot of people will find out later on. Where will your discount come from then I wonder ???????????? Any warranty work will be the bare minimum and some times is not enough to do the job properly.

Post #135126 7th Mar 2012 8:47 pm
Jim Strong

United Kingdom 

> Not having you car serviced by a L/R main dealer will certainly go against you.
Yes - but it's a kind of blackmail I reckon and has little to do with why the part[s] failed. It sucks us all in to paying £££ to the LR dealerships over the years in case a design fault arises - and then they only pay 33% off a bill that is a lot more expensive than going elsewhere.

Sounds like I'm talking myself into the solution of going with my local guys! Smile

> A new reservoir and a flush sorted it and it fine now.
Good news! My worry now, though, is whether any further damage has been done, so I think it is probably a Full Monty - replace the reservoir, pump and rack and do it with the best value I can.

Post #135133 7th Mar 2012 8:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12