Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Would you buy another FL2?
Would you buy another FL2?
Yes
73%
 73%  [111]
No
18%
 18%  [28]
Not sure
7%
 7%  [12]
Total Votes: 151

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
ad210358

England 

oldgeezer wrote:
AD210358

"Still pulls away in second unless I command shift or floor it "
They are designed to pull away in 1st gear unless in command shift ! then they pull away in 2nd. & yes never use the foot-brake together with the gas. Most cars are actually designed that way now where the brake pedal switch cuts of the fly by wire throttle.

Mine was sluggish pulling away for almost 3 years and turbo amongst many other bits were replaced but the dealer couldn't tell me whether it was supposed to pull away in 1st or 2nd for the auto.

Eventually after a mornings deliberation they got 3 auto s out and drove all three they confirmed they should pull away in 1st gear, 2nd if in sports mode & 1st if manually selected in command shift , but does default to 2nd in command shift if stopped.

A bad earth was the cause of mine pulling away in 2nd causing the lackl of power & hesitation and since goes like a rocket. No hesitation whatsoever ! just a shame it took three years to get it right !

I've read your post on the Earth strap, fitted the earth Strap but it has made no difference, still pulls away in second though, did mention it on the first service, but was told the usual "they all do that" to be honest it I can live with it after getting out ogf the habit of sitting at junctions blinding the driver behind me, if I have the van on and on a hill it will drop down a cog to first but when towing I tend to use Command Shift especially in traffic.

Post #134362 2nd Mar 2012 1:24 pm
taztastic

England 

ad210358 wrote:
EYorkshire wrote:
I must have missed Taz's tip because that's an arse clincher when pulling out of junctions or roundabouts. Perhaps the ECU monitors the brake pedal switch Exclamation I'll try it out myself if the handbrake is good enough to hold it Very Happy

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic10732.html?

Thanks Taz Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up Crawl along at say 10mph then gently press brake with left foot only enough to activate the brake lights and the engine power will die

Post #134363 2nd Mar 2012 1:24 pm
ad210358

England 

Just goes to show there is an art to driving an Auto, it's not just a Point and then Press the throttle Thumbs Up

Post #134364 2nd Mar 2012 1:32 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I've gone against my past car history of never buying the same car twice and votes yes on the basis that mrs worm and the children all love it! And this is testiment to the fact that we have all (5 of us) spent many many hours in the car together on trips around the uk and France and generally speaking it is the most comfy thing I have ever driven.

Now that's not to say next time I won't be looking at other cars - I quite fancy the look of the new toureg and also the discovery 4 but it is all dependant on money. Either way I'm sticking with the fl for now and will see what's available in a year or so when I come to change. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #134368 2nd Mar 2012 2:37 pm
xs59

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Would buy another fl2 again even though it's in the garage just now getting a new rear diff fitted.had a fl1 before I bought the fl2 with a bit a luck the fl3 might be next Very Happy silver 59 xs privacy glass side steps sat nav

Post #134376 2nd Mar 2012 3:23 pm
chapsworth

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Baltic Blue

My FL 1 was very reliable, so I'm hoping my FL2 will be as good.

Buying another depends on how it goes in the next 3 years and whether I can afford to run it and buy another. I have to say the Skoda Yeti ticks many boxes.

Post #134381 2nd Mar 2012 4:22 pm
bbjoca

Sweden 

I voted yes - I would probably buy another FL2 (let's say in a few years, the 2013 model). I bought my 2008 HSE model a couple of months ago, in December, and after an initial problem with the glow plugs (next one, I'll make sure they're replaced before I buy it), I've had such a nice ride in it, despite of bad weather, snow etc.
The heat is excellent - the heated seats grill my a Censored e, the heated windows and mirrors melt any ice, and with the heater on 22 degrees, I really have to take off my jacket when driving, even though it's -20 outside some times. Considering it's a diesel, I am really pleased with that.

If there's anything at all to complain about, it would be the lack of cubby holes to put s Censored t in. Now, all s Censored t is on the floor, or in the back seat.... :/ Also, the car is white, and it's incredible how much road dirt crawls into nook an crannies of the car. Bloody impossible to get rid of, part from hand-washing it. It's never too late to learn something new...

Post #134390 2nd Mar 2012 5:09 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Without a doubt, but not in its current form! It would have to have some serious updating inside and out before I'd buy another. Not that I haven't enjoyed my current MY10, I still enjoy driving it, but the looks are starting to bug me, other than that, it's a great drive.

Post #134395 2nd Mar 2012 5:47 pm
Ben Twillie

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

Voted yes it's a great car and I have had no problems in the first 9 months Three of my friends also have FL2s and they have had no major issues. This is a good thread for people looking in with a view to buying as a lot of the posts do have a doom & gloom aspect to them. My experience of cars, and that's a lot, is that you get good ones and bad ones, same with dealers, but as a brand I am very happy with LR.

Post #134396 2nd Mar 2012 5:57 pm
6froggy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Yes - I've had two and, apart from some well documented DPF problems with my facelifted one, they have both been great. If the 2013 model has an interior approaching the standard of the Evoque, I'd order one tomorrow but I imagine the changes may be limited to a new fuel gauge or something - like the minimal 11MY facelift.

Post #134399 2nd Mar 2012 6:10 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I've just parked up with an infuriating 24,999 miles on the clock, after only 8 months and 3 days of ownership Very Happy

It'll have another 500 miles on the clock by Sunday.

Nothing has given me a single cause for concern; nothing's broken, fallen off or rattled. Its off road capability is amazing. The service from my dealer (Roger Young in Saltash) has been first rate and the even have a decent free coffee machine in the show room now.

Visiting Roger Young's is such a contrast to visiting the Ford dealer to get the RS seen to - the best you can expect there is to pay 30p for a plastic mug of something that tastes almost, but not quite entirely, unlike tea. Even when you're in the process of paying £28,000 of your own money on a new Ford!

Would I buy another Freelander? Without a shadow of a doubt!

Post #134436 2nd Mar 2012 8:46 pm
xs59

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Tigger 25k miles in 8 months that's a fair bit of driving! U ever get time to drive the rs ? silver 59 xs privacy glass side steps sat nav

Post #134444 2nd Mar 2012 9:10 pm
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 14th Feb 2013 7:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #134448 2nd Mar 2012 9:29 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

xs59 wrote:
Tigger 25k miles in 8 months that's a fair bit of driving! U ever get time to drive the rs ?

It is rather a lot and it doesn't seem to show any sign of diminishing either...

As I seem to be spending ever more time at work, I have less and less time to drive the RS. But the really odd thing is, I actually prefer driving the Freelander now Shocked Sure, the RS is just a little bit quicker and a real blast for a short drive but, without breaking (completely murdering?) the law in the RS, the Freelander gets there just as quickly and is just as rewarding to drive Wink

I think I'm getting old...

Post #134449 2nd Mar 2012 9:30 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

dunroof wrote:
and a BMW X1 for a run around

Arghh!! Please, no! Don't be responsible for putting another one of those on the road! Shocked

That 2.0D BMW engine has to be one of most overrated old nails on the road today Shocked

Last edited by Tigger on 2nd Mar 2012 9:36 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #134451 2nd Mar 2012 9:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>