Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Have you experienced this tailgate handle defect?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Athelstan, one consideration maybe plastic fatigue caused by either over tightening the holding screws or possibly a worn mould tool creating a sharp inner surface to the moulding.
The nadle would have to be removed for examination and my feeling is that when replaced look at the inside of the handle and look for shading around the stress points. If it is that then you have a case for free replacement. Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #127188 13th Jan 2012 8:41 am
athelstan

Ralphk wrote:
Athelstan, one consideration maybe plastic fatigue caused by either over tightening the holding screws or possibly a worn mould tool creating a sharp inner surface to the moulding.
The nadle would have to be removed for examination and my feeling is that when replaced look at the inside of the handle and look for shading around the stress points. If it is that then you have a case for free replacement.

Ralphk
Many thanks for that technical insight - very informative and could prove to be pivotal should LR-CH reject the warranty claim. Must have patience as by past experience they have always been very slow in responding.

Post #127191 13th Jan 2012 9:14 am
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Her Ladyship definitely reversed into something and is hiding the fact! Whistle

Incidentally, how much is NPINKS and LANDY19840 selling them for as I have marks on mine?
I cannot believe people keep this as a spare!

Post #127235 13th Jan 2012 2:48 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i hadn't thought about selling it till reading this thread, as i bought it to have colour coded and put on my car but never bother.

I have other stuff in my house, i have bought and never used or had as a spare, water temp sensor, parts of fixing kits for side bars, a bit of metal from underneath, what i bent on the first car, but never got sound to replacing it, bits of grey door handles, bits of roof rails covers, K&N Air filter, 4xSE wheels with Wranglers, a shadow chrome alloy, set of spare side tubes (slightly bent), magnetic protection prototype, rubber LR floor mats.

I think i just buy stuff for fun sometimes Laughing

Post #127237 13th Jan 2012 3:00 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

npinks wrote:
i hadn't thought about selling it till reading this thread, as i bought it to have colour coded and put on my car but never bother.

I have other stuff in my house, i have bought and never used or had as a spare, water temp sensor, parts of fixing kits for side bars, a bit of metal from underneath, what i bent on the first car, but never got sound to replacing it, bits of grey door handles, bits of roof rails covers, K&N Air filter, 4xSE wheels with Wranglers, a shadow chrome alloy, set of spare side tubes (slightly bent), magnetic protection prototype, rubber LR floor mats.

wrong area of the forum to advertise on Rolling with laughter need to MOD yourself and check you have enought points to sell things Whistle Very Happy 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #127252 13th Jan 2012 5:03 pm
ad210358

England 

npinks wrote:

And a 19" Continental with a puncture repair, that reminds me did you donate to the forum when we met in Leeds Whistle

Post #127270 13th Jan 2012 6:39 pm
Ralphk

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Nick, strictly from an outsider looking in but I think you might be in for some light hearted stick now! Ralph
Zurmatt Silver, Diesel, Automatic, side steps, mud flaps, mats, boot liner, TomTom Start 60 installed, rubbing strips, removable Brink tow bar, after market tinted glass, front styling bar, Rear spoiler, Motorlicious tail pipe trim. Wood Company centre armrest

Post #127272 13th Jan 2012 6:45 pm
ad210358

England 

He knows I'm only jesting, he will want his Boddy's back and I didn't donate Embarassed

Post #127277 13th Jan 2012 6:52 pm
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

ad210358 wrote:
He knows I'm only jesting, he will want his Boddy's back and I didn't donate Embarassed

I only jest too Thumbs Up 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #127282 13th Jan 2012 7:50 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

But I not selling any of it I'm hoarding it Ner Ner

The boot handle can be made available if needed

AD5678 The tyre is no more, it's gone to tyre heaven at my local fitter

Post #127285 13th Jan 2012 8:14 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

athelstan wrote:

Gentlemen many thanks for your thoughts - all are appreciated.

Re comment 3 above I would be interested to hear from any Nordic members if they have experienced a "cracking" tailgate handle Neutral

We occasionally get the same type of weather you mention, but have not had or heard of this problem here Confused

Lets hope its not LR's "normal" wear and tear quality showing up after its been used more than 3-years Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #127287 13th Jan 2012 8:28 pm
ad210358

England 

npinks wrote:
But I not selling any of it I'm hoarding it Ner Ner

The boot handle can be made available if needed

AD5678 The tyre is no more, it's gone to tyre heaven at my local fitter

Thumbs Up

Post #127290 13th Jan 2012 8:38 pm
athelstan

AndyC wrote:
athelstan wrote:

Gentlemen many thanks for your thoughts - all are appreciated.

Re comment 3 above I would be interested to hear from any Nordic members if they have experienced a "cracking" tailgate handle Neutral

We occasionally get the same type of weather you mention, but have not had or heard of this problem here Confused

Lets hope its not LR's "normal" wear and tear quality showing up after its been used more than 3-years Whistle

Thanks AndyC for the feedback - appreciated.
Just one important point - her Ladyship's FL2 is only 25mths n 20 days young! So plenty of warranty time left. That is of course if LR-CH do the decent thing an honour the warranty Rolling Eyes

Post #127332 14th Jan 2012 12:16 pm
athelstan

Shocked Just had an email from local official LR Service Centre - they have received this afternoon an email from LR Switzerland agreeing that the Tailgate Handle can be replaced under warranty Razz

Job calculated to take Half a Day Rolling with laughter Please can I contact them to arrange a suitable appointment. Whistle

Hallelujah Bow down - that's only taken LR Switzerland 56 days to agree to a simple matter of a defective tailgate handle Evil or Very Mad

Post #135432 9th Mar 2012 6:31 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Well done! JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #135478 9th Mar 2012 9:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>