« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Aluminium Fascia Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 
Aluminium Fascia Kit

I have read a post on here re: the wood effect fascia kits. These kits are now available for less than 1/4 of RRP.

My FL2 has the aluminiun trim which I quite like. I prefer its modern appearance to the fake wood or piano black. The interior of the FL2 is often criticised these days for being a bit dated with acres of drab plastic, particularly on the fascia. I thought the aluminium fascia kit might help to brighten up the fascia and it looks quite affordable now.

Has anyone got any pics of the aluminium kit fitted to a FL2 or fitted one and has any comments,about them, positive or negative? In particular, does the finish match the rest of the aluminium trim - i.e the trim strip below the glovebox and either side of the steering wheel, below the key fob and around the light switch?

Post #117761 22nd Oct 2011 3:28 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

they do look good,bought one for my old fl2,after one for my new one,payed £50 for it 2 years ago,breaks the bland black dash up a bit ,,,if u fit it,warm the inside up if its cold so the glue sets better Thumbs Up Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #117767 22nd Oct 2011 5:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 

gilfishman wrote:
they do look good,bought one for my old fl2,after one for my new one,payed £50 for it 2 years ago,breaks the bland black dash up a bit ,,,if u fit it,warm the inside up if its cold so the glue sets better Thumbs Up

gilfishman,does the kit match the standard aluminium effect trim in the car - i.e the long finisher above the glovebox etc.?

The price of the kit varies from about £80 to £450. What confuses me is that a search for part number LR 002463 comes up with pictures of a kit of about 8 pieces and other times 3 or 4 pieces described as centre console kit. I wonder if the cheaper kits have fewer items. What did you get in yours?

Post #117836 23rd Oct 2011 1:13 pm
pb1008

2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

I fitted one of these kits about 4 weeks ago. It came with a LR part number and cost about £70 (Ebay).
It did not match the existing gear lever trim so I had to fit that piece as well.
Overall it looks pretty good and certainly better than the "plastic wood" that came as standard. It was an easy fit and I agree with the comment on warming the interior before fitting.

Post #117935 24th Oct 2011 2:53 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

LR002463 is made up of 7 pieces Sophie Alltoft

Send a paypal payment direct using this link www.paypal.me/duckworthparts

www.duckworthparts.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts/
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #117936 24th Oct 2011 3:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MG

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

My second hand FL2 (from Duckworths!) came with the fascia but not the bits down the side of the radio. Having seen the pictures, I'm glad it didn't as I think it would have been a bit too much. Having said that, I much prefer the aluminium look rather than wood or plain plastic.

Post #118269 27th Oct 2011 11:54 am
mglock

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I would like to just replace the 3 bits of plastic wood from the dashboard with the aluminum looking version. I am only after the part at the top of the glove-box door and the parts either side of the steering wheel. I keep searching e-bay but have so far drawn a blank. Any pointers or advice would be appreciated.

Matt.

Post #123085 9th Dec 2011 5:12 pm
Annie

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Galway Green

mglock wrote:
Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I would like to just replace the 3 bits of plastic wood from the dashboard with the aluminum looking version. I am only after the part at the top of the glove-box door and the parts either side of the steering wheel. I keep searching e-bay but have so far drawn a blank. Any pointers or advice would be appreciated.

Matt.

Matt,
I'm talking to a chap on ebay at the moment (wooddashtrims). He supplies any colour (lots of different wood colours, black, carbon fibre, aluminium).
He has a kit on at the moment with 50 parts! I've emailed him and he said he can do one with less parts. He could probably help you Thumbs Up
He is sending me a sample of the aluminium colour to see how close a match it is to the aluminium already in the car Thumbs Up 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #123369 12th Dec 2011 4:51 pm
EYorkshire

Be careful Annie, one is advertised for a Freelander 2, with the photo showing correct and the 50 piece kit that comes under description is for a Freelander 1. Confused

Post #123370 12th Dec 2011 5:07 pm
Annie

Thanks EYorkshire.
It's a lot of money to get the wrong kit Rolling Eyes
I will see what the colour is like when it arrives and then look at whether he knows the difference in models etc

Thanks Thumbs Up 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #123371 12th Dec 2011 5:16 pm
6froggy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

mglock,

Speak to/e-mail Dan at Duckworth Parts 'parts@duckworthparts.co.uk' - I got the above 7-piece kit for my 2011 MY GS for £60 + VAT but only used 3 pieces - the glovebox finisher and the two pieces under the remote docking port & around the light control switches, the same as you want to. This leaves 4 pieces - the trim around the gear stick (I prefer the standard satin silver that matches the TR wheel, etc), the two pieces either side of the temp control dials (that look a bit too much as said above) and an extra glove box finisher that, according to the instructions, should be discarded Question (it's a slightly different & deeper profile).

It's a lot cheaper than trying to retrofit the new silver metallic finishers that you can spec as an option on the GS (standard on the XS up) as a different glovebox fascia and lower panel below the steering wheel are also required in addition to the three bits of trim (as the finishers clip into rather than stick on both panels).

The aluminium effect looks Ok and breaks up the bland (on my GS) dash board. I'd rather have the new spec finishers or better still the satin silver from the pre-2011 MY but at around £220 + VAT at least, it was the much chepaer option Thumbs Up

Post #123399 12th Dec 2011 9:53 pm
taztastic

England 

Slightly off topic, search for "Alanos350z" on eBay, he has some nice Freelander trim pieces.

Quite like the radio trim, might be tempted once Crimbo is behind us.

Taz

Post #123401 12th Dec 2011 10:35 pm
Annie

Thanks Taztastic. Will have a look Thumbs Up 59 TD4e XS in galway green

Post #123425 13th Dec 2011 9:47 am
6froggy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Stornoway Grey

6froggy wrote:
mglock,

Speak to/e-mail Dan at Duckworth Parts 'parts@duckworthparts.co.uk' - I got the above 7-piece kit for my 2011 MY GS for £60 + VAT but only used 3 pieces - the glovebox finisher and the two pieces under the remote docking port & around the light control switches, the same as you want to. This leaves 4 pieces - the trim around the gear stick (I prefer the standard satin silver that matches the TR wheel, etc), the two pieces either side of the temp control dials (that look a bit too much as said above) and an extra glove box finisher that, according to the instructions, should be discarded Question (it's a slightly different & deeper profile).

It's a lot cheaper than trying to retrofit the new silver metallic finishers that you can spec as an option on the GS (standard on the XS up) as a different glovebox fascia and lower panel below the steering wheel are also required in addition to the three bits of trim (as the finishers clip into rather than stick on both panels).

The aluminium effect looks Ok and breaks up the bland (on my GS) dash board. I'd rather have the new spec finishers or better still the satin silver from the pre-2011 MY but at around £220 + VAT at least, it was the much chepaer option Thumbs Up

This kit is advertised again in the For Sale section by Duckworths

Post #123500 13th Dec 2011 10:29 pm
mglock

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Great stuff, thanks for the replies guys.

Post #123544 14th Dec 2011 4:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>