Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Reversing Sensor problem when it rains
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
D99

England 

My SE does the same and has for over 2 1/2 years! as said it is a very common problem, and the dealers cant seem to cure it.
I've had numerous BMW's in the past and never once experienced a PDC fault, im amazed it is taking LR this long to cure the problem.

Post #121162 22nd Nov 2011 9:00 pm
EYorkshire

I googled 'PDC fault' and in the top three sites were 'BMWland' and Bimmerforums' with this problem. It is not just Landrover but any manufacturer that uses Ultrasonic sensors, some have problems and some do not. Maybe the manufacturing process does not have tight enough tolerances and you get unlucky when certain conditions put them over the edge so to speak. Confused

Post #121203 23rd Nov 2011 8:22 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

EYorkshire wrote:
I googled 'PDC fault' and in the top three sites were 'BMWland' and Bimmerforums' with this problem. It is not just Landrover but any manufacturer that uses Ultrasonic sensors, some have problems and some do not. Maybe the manufacturing process does not have tight enough tolerances and you get unlucky when certain conditions put them over the edge so to speak. Confused

agreed, this affects a great many cars, inc my 56plate SE.

It might be just coincidence, but if I wax them they appear to work better.... Surprised
Probably no fact, or science in this ..... 

Post #121215 23rd Nov 2011 11:20 am
Woodentop

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

D99 wrote:
My SE does the same and has for over 2 1/2 years! as said it is a very common problem, and the dealers cant seem to cure it.
I've had numerous BMW's in the past and never once experienced a PDC fault, im amazed it is taking LR this long to cure the problem.

I asked the Dealer is this a common problem? They replied never had it before or heard of it on Freelanders. Some how I think they are not telling me the truth. Woodentop

Post #121216 23rd Nov 2011 11:33 am
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

Woodentop wrote:
D99 wrote:

I asked the Dealer is this a common problem? They replied never had it before or heard of it on Freelanders. Some how I think they are not telling me the truth.

Rolling with laughter 

Post #121217 23rd Nov 2011 11:34 am
Biscay

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Biscay Blue

Where I served my apprenticeship we had ultra sonic sensors and used an acoustic gel to make them work better and keep out the moisture. I remember it well because they told me it was KY jelly and I believed them for about 2 years till finding out what it was really for.

Post #121249 23rd Nov 2011 3:54 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Mine too, I can go for months and months, heavy rain etc but every now and then they will play up. I now just push the off button so I dont have to listen to it lol

Post #121261 23rd Nov 2011 6:22 pm
Woodentop

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

superspark wrote:
Mine too, I can go for months and months, heavy rain etc but every now and then they will play up. I now just push the off button so I dont have to listen to it lol

So much for my Dealer stating it was not a known problem. Who does he think he is, trying to pull the wool over my eyes!!! Woodentop

Post #121271 23rd Nov 2011 8:23 pm
hughj

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

My 07 Freelander has a similar problem. The difference being that the reverse engagement sounder comes on when driving forward and the reverse sensor system works about 30% of the time. I've had it back to the garage I bought it from, who are not LR agents. They cannot find the fault. They have also taken it to Stratstone, LR who also cannot find the problem. Has anyone any idea what could be switching on the reverse engagement sounder when the car is moving forward. This might at least get rid of one of the faults as it's driving me mad. Could it be a faulty relay.

Post #121278 23rd Nov 2011 8:43 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12