Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Just spent a week with the family and another family in a VERY remote lodge on the shore of Loch Lomond.

Freelander went like a dream, 1100 miles and an average of 35.6mpg which I didnt think was too bad. But that was door to door and included all sorts of driving.

Anyway, we were told that the drive at the lodge was in a terrible state and so was the 4 mile forrestry commision track we had to go along to get to the lodge.

We were taking the Land Rover anyway so wasn't worried, but the husband of my wifes friend decided against my advice to take his BMW 320d. His wife has a Zafira which was far more suitable but no, he had to take the BMW.

So after two days, instead of using the drive, which he kept bottoming out (Surprise Surprise) he drive UP the grass hill and got stuck.

So I had to tow him out, it was that bad the Freelander got stuck up to it's axles in mud. Eventually in mud ruts mode, I got out but found all wheels scratched from the mud. REALLY Censored off.

He didn't even thank me for pulling him out, and wasnt bothered about my wheels being scratched. So going to get the winter out of the way and then get them re-furbished. Quite ironic really that while we were away my friend had my CLK wheels to re-furbish! They were put back on today and look brilliant so not worried about a good finish on the Freelander wheels when I do them.

I know they had a few chips after 40,000 miles of use but thats not the point.

So got home today and a good clean later and the arches etc now look as they should!

Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #117779 22nd Oct 2011 8:17 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Well at least you know what to do next time he gets stuck!!
Youv'e done an excellent job of those arches. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #117781 22nd Oct 2011 8:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mav71

The Valeter wrote:
Well at least you know what to do next time he gets stuck!!
Youv'e done an excellent job of those arches.

Thanks, she is not bad considering she will be 5 years old in December! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #117783 22nd Oct 2011 8:42 pm
The Valeter

A credit to you. If you are fussy like I am no wonder you are annoyed by the scratches to the wheels. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #117785 22nd Oct 2011 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

BMW THE ULTIMATE GETTING STUCK MACHINE

Ungrateful fu Censored r not thanking you. He is just jealous that your superior FL2 showed his Beemer who was boss Laughing

Inside he is eating humble pie Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #117788 22nd Oct 2011 9:22 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

I would be going mad if that happened to me, what did you use to clean the arches

Post #117789 22nd Oct 2011 9:25 pm
richardk

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Aintree Green

Sums up bmW drivers really doesn't it...rude arrogant and ungrateful...but the best bit..they spent thousands and thousands on a crap car!!! Razz Razz

Hope your wheels get sorted after the winter..remember your car is going up in value!

Post #117791 22nd Oct 2011 9:30 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Also, remember to ring him up and laugh at him when it snows. How funny would it be if he got stuck somewhere in the snow. I would drive past him and laugh Laughing LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #117792 22nd Oct 2011 9:34 pm
The Valeter

richardk wrote:
Sums up bmW drivers really doesn't it...rude arrogant and ungrateful...but the best bit..they spent thousands and thousands on a crap car!!! Razz Razz

Hit he nail spot on the top of the head lol.. Thumbs Up (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #117794 22nd Oct 2011 10:07 pm
Mav71

Hicksy wrote:
I would be going mad if that happened to me, what did you use to clean the arches

All I have done is snow foamed them and jet washed them. As they are nortmally mega clean, it was not too hard to re-clean them. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #117800 22nd Oct 2011 11:16 pm
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

Check inside of rims clean as mud can put wheels out of balance. Have had this recently and was commited on overtaking lane when FL started to shudder badly. Large deposits of mud on inner rims the problem. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #117801 22nd Oct 2011 11:27 pm
Mav71

druand wrote:
Check inside of rims clean as mud can put wheels out of balance. Have had this recently and was commited on overtaking lane when FL started to shudder badly. Large deposits of mud on inner rims the problem.

Funny you should say that, I did have a bit of a wobble at certain speeds. There was mud chunks all over the wheels, but I jacked up the car and washed the insides of each wheel. It's perfect again now. Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #117808 23rd Oct 2011 8:57 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

did you repair the damage to the field? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #117809 23rd Oct 2011 8:58 am
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

chicken george wrote:
did you repair the damage to the field?

He got a free ploughing though, wonder how the farmer stops his tractor wheels getting scratched? Smile

Post #117828 23rd Oct 2011 12:05 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Scratched alloys Embarassed - That is why 16" wheels are better for off roading. Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #117901 24th Oct 2011 8:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>