Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > With Evoke outselling Freelander 4:1 where are the offers?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
yaugher

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

i could certainly live with a ventura..... Sept 1 2010 Now the PROUD owner of Galway Green Auto Diesel HSE

Post #115782 5th Oct 2011 1:44 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
Evoke my arse

I have driven around 2000 miles around various place in the uk the past few weeks, but for every one evouke i have seen i have seen twelve 61plate freelander 2`s. So where are all these evoukes?????

I have seen more on transporters than on the road

Post #115872 6th Oct 2011 8:28 am
sweetfreedom

Re: Evoke my arse

landy19840 wrote:
I have driven around 2000 miles around various place in the uk the past few weeks, but for every one evouke i have seen i have seen twelve 61plate freelander 2`s. So where are all these evoukes?????

I have seen more on transporters than on the road

think they have 18,000 pre-orders to deal with!

actually i haven't seen one new '61 plate FL2 yet FL2 GS Auto '58reg

Post #116223 8th Oct 2011 8:04 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Lots of RRE on car transporters probably heading for the docks and export. Three car transporters on A34 near Oxford last week, each with 5 x RRE and 1 x Freelander 2 heading South. (Southampton possibly)

Post #116232 8th Oct 2011 9:15 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

yaugher wrote:
i could certainly live with a ventura.....

Only problem was if they called it a Ventura is that it sounds like a Vauxhall Shocked (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #116250 9th Oct 2011 12:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
freemason

Malta 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I was invited to the launch of the Evoque here in Malta and must say I was impressed with it.

Its the first time I have seen it in the flesh.

Its considerably smaller than the FL2 (20cm) but it is a fully grown up car.

Its got all the refinements and more, inclusive of mood lighting, not my cup of tea but will sure will be of use to someone.

The materials are top notch, the engines low emissions and the car looks like it rides well.

Will keep you informed when i go for a test drive.

At the prices it is being offered, I cant imagine someone buying a FL. Especially since the ones I see are all on the school run.

Post #117011 16th Oct 2011 3:50 pm
rchrdleigh

England 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Some Dealers are reporting that sales of Freelander 2 have gone up by 15-20% since the Evoque launch. Apparently sales of all LR/RR vehicles have gone up due to the increased footfall into Dealerships as a result of Evoque. With built to order Evoques now getting a July2012 delivery date you can understand why some people are not prepared to wait that long and order one of the other LR/RR vehicles instead.

Post #117068 16th Oct 2011 8:45 pm
Warkman

2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

OK,
To explain.
TheFreelander 2 and the Evoque are built on the same production line. That line is running at full capacity and the parts suppliers are also woking at full capacity. The problems are that the demand is huge for the Evoque and if you go and see one you will understand why. this is a complete change in land Rovers purcahsing groups, and these are people coming out of BMW spots cars, saloon etc.
The actual order book is for 30,000, yes you read right 30,000. (all of jags sales are 20,000!
This has meant a change in the mix on the line and Mr Spetz himself has said in a meeting i was in, that instead of building 1 Evoque to 3 Freelandres, they have had to change to 1 Evoque ot 2 FL2s.
This is having an effect on sales, the FL2 joins the Disco 4 and the LV (Evoque) on the not availabe to employees list.
The managers who have their FL2, have been told they will have to keep them now for 2 years instead of changing every 6,000 miles/Six months.

Land Rover is changing, its total demography, hence the mopre emphasis on Range Rover models.
Thats not to say t5hat Freelander is not seeing some amazing changes in the furture! Smile

Post #117348 18th Oct 2011 5:54 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

fl2 does need a new interior now after seeing what they can fit into an Evoque. doesnt have to be quite as bling but quality/material choice should step up.
its not old fashion yet but other brands are advancing too At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #117350 18th Oct 2011 6:02 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Warkman wrote:
OK,
To explain.
TheFreelander 2 and the Evoque are built on the same production line. That line is running at full capacity and the parts suppliers are also woking at full capacity. The problems are that the demand is huge for the Evoque and if you go and see one you will understand why. this is a complete change in land Rovers purcahsing groups, and these are people coming out of BMW spots cars, saloon etc.
The actual order book is for 30,000, yes you read right 30,000. (all of jags sales are 20,000!
This has meant a change in the mix on the line and Mr Spetz himself has said in a meeting i was in, that instead of building 1 Evoque to 3 Freelandres, they have had to change to 1 Evoque ot 2 FL2s.
This is having an effect on sales, the FL2 joins the Disco 4 and the LV (Evoque) on the not availabe to employees list.
The managers who have their FL2, have been told they will have to keep them now for 2 years instead of changing every 6,000 miles/Six months.

Land Rover is changing, its total demography, hence the mopre emphasis on Range Rover models.
Thats not to say t5hat Freelander is not seeing some amazing changes in the furture! Smile

Very interesting, thank you. It's great news that it's such a success and even better news that I won't be needing to replace it for another 2 years and 9 months. Guess I'd better place my order for my its replacement in the next few days though....

Post #117364 18th Oct 2011 7:41 pm
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

My mate sold his Evouque 1 week after getting it.

Said it was an "OK" car, but not worth the money..........

Post #117380 18th Oct 2011 8:38 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

chrisuk wrote:
My mate sold his Evouque 1 week after getting it.

Said it was an "OK" car, but not worth the money..........

Did he lose much? What model was it & did he get a quick sale? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #117402 18th Oct 2011 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

I spotted my first Evoke in the flesh yesterday, dark coloured SD4 with blingy wheels, looked a lot better than I expected.... Presume you can sell a 1 week old one at a premium to list given the demand...... 30,000 orders! July 12 delivery!! JT Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #117440 19th Oct 2011 2:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345