Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
bluebirds

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

stownrow wrote:
bluebirds wrote:
stownrow wrote:
I'm trying to get the 4s but it looks like i can either order it and wait 3 weeks or head to the apple store on the saturday and hope they have some left Sad

I think you will be very lucky getting one from a store on Saturday. I think all stock will be gone on Friday. Apple have just said they had 1 million pre orders on the first day. 400k more than the 4.

Yeah have just heard! got friday off work gonna que from 8am lol

8am? You want to make that 12am to have a remote chance Thumbs Up MY11 Freelander 2 Sport LE Fuji White

Post #116476 11th Oct 2011 11:30 am
bluebirds

npinks wrote:
I'll get the 5 in 12 months, wife can have the old 4 now to upgrade her 3GS and the the 4s when i get a 5 ww can sell the old ones

Wish that worked for me. Friday morning when I was ordering my black 4s the wife said "If your having the black one i'll have the white one" Big Cry MY11 Freelander 2 Sport LE Fuji White

Post #116478 11th Oct 2011 11:33 am
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

Hi All!

As of Friday morning at 8:03 I was a very proud owner of a new Iphone 4s!!!

Took a gamble and went to a little town in Norfolk about 30mins from my parents.

Needless to say it paid off!

I've been using SIRI on the way home and it seems to work well ! Thumbs Up 

Post #117035 16th Oct 2011 5:57 pm
beamo

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I'll just buy one sim-free @ £499 and stay on my unlimited data 30 day £20-21 simplicity deal.

My 3G has done me well but the OS updates have made it extremely slow. Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual MY11 - 61REG Stratstone Mayfair
Sumatra black, cloth, DAB Radio, Park Distance Control Front, Privacy Glass, 17" Full Size Spare Wheel.
Aftermarket: Mudflaps

Post #117142 17th Oct 2011 10:12 am
Reeventu

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

beamo wrote:
I'll just buy one sim-free @ £499 and stay on my unlimited data 30 day £20-21 simplicity deal.

My 3G has done me well but the OS updates have made it extremely slow.

Why would anyone want to spend £500 of your hard earned on a phone ( of any type ) that will be out of date in 6 months max. Question

Can never understand the urgent ' need ' or ' must have' mentality.

Do what ever with your money but IMO feeding the hype is just plain daft Rolling Eyes

Post #117149 17th Oct 2011 11:36 am
stooby

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Rimini Red
Out of date in 6 months?

The nice thing about iphones is that they often often will take OS upgrades in keeping with the latest hardware releases. My other half has had a 3gs for 2 1/2 years and it's running IOS5 fine. Ok, so she misses out on some of the features due to the older hardware (eg facetime or siri) but otherwise she has an up to date phone ans sees no need to change it.
There again, I have an iphone 4 and i cannot see why I'd want o upgrade to a 4gs. I've updated to IOS5 and it seems I'm only missing out on Siri and perhaps a bit of a speed boost.

Stuart

Post #117152 17th Oct 2011 11:52 am
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

I'm new to the iPhone clan come from blackberry.

The 4S is a great phone although I do miss a few features of my blackberry.

With the better camera, 8x faster processor, dual antenna and SIRI etc. The 4S is streets ahead of the 4 and for peeps with bluetooth SIRI makes a big difference. I can tell it to play certain tracks rather than hunting for them, make phone calls, do texts and emails etc etc. 

Post #117164 17th Oct 2011 2:25 pm
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

The Mrs received her 4S today.
A much improved camera but I wouldn't change my 4 for one.

To me the 4 or 4S is a much better phone than a 3 or 3GS, mainly because of the speed and screen resolution, so an upgrade is certainly worth while.

Post #117170 17th Oct 2011 3:08 pm
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

Siri will be avilable on the iphone 4 in a matter of weeks.

Tethered jb out for ios5, untethered out within a week with Siri to follow.

It is a good gimmick though, ios5 is a massive improvement by itself.

Waiting for the iPhone5 myself though, will be a whole new ball game Wink

Post #117382 18th Oct 2011 8:44 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

stownrow wrote:
The 4S is streets ahead of the 4

I disagree, yes it has better features but the 4 is streets ahead of the 3 or 3GS. The 3GS had better features than the 3 but wasn't streets ahead. These 's' models seem to be gap fillers and as chrisuk says the 5 will be a whole new ball game.

Don't get me wrong, this is your first iphone so enjoy it. What I can't be doing with is these sad bas Censored ds who queue for hours or days to update a 4 to a 4S or even a 3GS to a 4 just so that they can contact their mates and say 'HA HA! I have the latest one!' then when the iphone 5 is released and blows the 4S out of the water, these idiots will be camping out again so that they can rejoice once more in having the latest version.

Sky News reported that one person began camping out on the 4th of October. Rolling Eyes LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #117393 18th Oct 2011 9:42 pm
Junior

England 

Some one mentioned a dual antenna on the 4s? can anyone comment on the performance of the actual TELEPHONE?
I'm on my 3rd iphone 4, whilst it is a brilliant gadget for emails, looking at my bank accounts via the app, being able to google something instantly and the message format is really good BUT as a telephone they are Censored , always out of service or dropping out and 'call failed' etc. so I have to have carry a second phone a Nokia N8 (both on Vodafone) which is crap at everything except making and taking calls.
So it would be nice to only have 1 phone if apple have solved the problem???

Post #117404 19th Oct 2011 2:09 am
bluebirds

Junior wrote:
Some one mentioned a dual antenna on the 4s? can anyone comment on the performance of the actual TELEPHONE?
I'm on my 3rd iphone 4, whilst it is a brilliant gadget for emails, looking at my bank accounts via the app, being able to google something instantly and the message format is really good BUT as a telephone they are Censored , always out of service or dropping out and 'call failed' etc. so I have to have carry a second phone a Nokia N8 (both on Vodafone) which is crap at everything except making and taking calls.
So it would be nice to only have 1 phone if apple have solved the problem???

Well I've have had my 4s since release day and is 100% better for reception and calls. I previously had the 4 and had the same problem as you.

So far no loss of reception or dropping of calls. Seems the dual antenna has fixed the issue and appears to have better reception. Thumbs Up MY11 Freelander 2 Sport LE Fuji White

Post #117405 19th Oct 2011 7:04 am
Graham

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
i-phone 4s bluetooth

Can anyone who has bought an i-phone 4s confirm if it works with the freelander 2 bluetooth? I have had a few phones since owning my freelander and find the bluetooth tempromental to say the least! (even with phones Landrover say are fully compatible). If I wait for Landrover to test one and publish it on their website the i-phone 6 will be out!

Post #117410 19th Oct 2011 7:51 am
bluebirds

Re: i-phone 4s bluetooth

Graham wrote:
Can anyone who has bought an i-phone 4s confirm if it works with the freelander 2 bluetooth? I have had a few phones since owning my freelander and find the bluetooth tempromental to say the least! (even with phones Landrover say are fully compatible). If I wait for Landrover to test one and publish it on their website the i-phone 6 will be out!

Had no problems with bluetooth and the 4s so far. Thumbs Up MY11 Freelander 2 Sport LE Fuji White

Post #117411 19th Oct 2011 8:36 am
Reeventu

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Do you all get as excited about zanussi ( or anyone )launching a new washing machine capable of greater speed , reduced energy or whatever or maybe a TV manufacturer offering the latest super screen etc.

You really are a sad lot

You may need a mobile phone or maybe need to collect email on the move but do you really use all the add on cr*p that is bundled into these phones.

As someone said it is often just about 'willy waggling' , a great number of people are not aware of the 4S , and a great deal more do not care about it.

Do you go to the pub or invite friends round to discuss your new purchase ,or do you hold it in your hand all day waiting for a call, so that there just maybe a chance of someone spotting it?

To me it is a bit like a new car , fantastic to go through the selection process, anticipation of the delivery BUt 4 weeks later it is just the car.

Perhaps I should get of to Currys to queue for the latest microwave.

Rolling with laughter

Post #117412 19th Oct 2011 9:15 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>